Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-17-2021, 06:18 PM

Default Q about Selling mitts, hats, slippers and mukluks

So all the fox I get I tan myself then my sister uses them to make mitts, hats, slippers and mukluks. My question is: is there and certain tags or textile licensing one needs to sell some of her things she makes? I’ve had people that see clothing tell me that you need to go by the textiles act for selling and have tags made up with fabric or furs used and such.

Any info from those who make fur and leather items and sell them would be appreciated.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:15 PM

I build gloves ,mitts and leather good and we have been for 30 odd years and I've always been told handmade hats ,belts ,gloves and leather goods, etc are excempt from labeling. I just looked at some imported lined waston gloves. No labels in them. Of course it's easy enough to get labels and label your items. I have stores that I supply and haven't been questioned? But then I could be wrong , can't really find anything online.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2021, 06:49 AM

Thanks I was hoping someone that makes handmade stuff to sell would chime in and it seems as you’ve been doing this for a while without any trouble with tags and such.

Her market definitely wouldn’t be on large scale mostly just Kijiji or Facebook.