Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-04-2016, 11:37 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flint&Fly Guy View Post
Lol, where can a guy buy one of those? And how much more expensive are they if honey dipped?
Timmies, on your way out to hunt invite one of them city slickers with the phone in thier hand texting all the time...they are the smrt ones!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-05-2016, 07:52 AM

It's survival stories like this guy that we can all learn lessons from. He had a sidearm but tried to do the "ethical" thing and spray the bear. I know there are different schools of thoughts on this but if you read his followup post on his facebook page he says he say the sow and cubs way off on the trail and he didn't ready his weapon. He waited until she charged and even then didn't ready his weapon.. he readied his bear spray.

Not judging the guys actions but from all accounts I have ready on grizzly survivors from their first had recollections they weren't ready to shoot. If I am in grizzly country it is their territory and not mine. I am not going to second guess for a moment whether or not I may survive a grizz charge, I have to take whatever actions are necessary to try and get out of the situation alive. That might mean putting 4-5 325 grain rounds into a charging bear. Could I do it? Would I be shaking? would I miss?

All valid questions I am just saying, learn from this guys miracle. Don't leave your weapon sheathed up when you see a grizz and cubs and for the love of God if you are going to pepper spray do it before 25 feet :/

Be safe out there everyone. Bears are taking back their territory for sure. If you want to play in their world be prepared.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:45 PM

^ I agree