Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-26-2013, 02:48 PM

Default recommended fly-in fishing lodges?

Hey guys, does anybody have any recommendations for a decent place for a group of people to do a remote fishing excursion? Could be about 12 guys, stag party, so it would have to be decently priced to suit everyones capability. Would like a trophy pike/walley or lake trout sort of thing. any thoughts would be awesome! Thanks.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:03 PM

Default Fortress Lake

I would go to Fortress Lake in a heartbeat with a large group. Regardless of ability you will catch trophy brooke trout. Not cheap but it will be the trip of a life time.

I was in there a few year ago on a hike in trip. We rented pontoons from the lodge. If I was to go again I would hike in again (30+ KM) but stay at the lodge and have access to a motor boat.

http://www.flyfishalberta.com/fortre...flyfishing.htm

Happy Trails

KS
Old 01-26-2013, 03:24 PM

Check out Andrew lake lodge, haven't gone on a fishing trip but the fishing on our fly in moose hunt was awesome!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:38 PM

Tapawingo Lodge, Bischto Lake. I'll be there end of May.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 01-26-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
Tapawingo Lodge, Bischto Lake. I'll be there end of May.
When there last year it has gone down hill I'd never go back even if it was free
Old 01-26-2013, 07:03 PM

I've done 3 trips with mikisew sportfishing , all the lakes and cabins were great. Thought I would try something new this year and I'm booked for mid June with Andrew lake lodge at there south leland camp. Heard lots of great things about them.

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 01-26-2013, 08:27 PM

Hello Bush Monkey have a look at my fly in fishing lodge in the NWT, on Aylmer Lake and Clinton-Colden Lake.

Why Fishing Works
Bush Monkey Imagine just walking up to the dock as the sun is rising over the vast arctic barren land. Awaiting your arrival are the guides and their ready and excited to show you an incredible day on the water.
Departing, you accelerate, and within seconds, you are heading off to the best lake trout fishing grounds in the world. The guide takes you to THE spot and strategically position the boat for the first pass. You see a big one roll on the surface.... you know they're there!
Then it happens, the gentle tap, tap, pull on the rod, you set the hook! In amazement, you feel an incredible amount of weight, and then the line starts cutting to the surface...the guide points and yells..."it's coming up, it's coming out!" Right then, the most incredible display of brute force and raw power as a 3 ft, 30 lb lake trout EXPLODES from the water less than 15ft off the boat. A classic battle ensues. After a thrilling 30 minutes, you land your trophy of a lifetime. Success! The cameras start clicking and its smiles and high fives all around!
You tell yourself, this is AMAZING.... The trip of a lifetime. You know that you will never forget it!
What would happen if you shared this experience with your friends and family?
It's simple. Using fishing trips with family and friends will help you establish stronger and deeper relationships with your family and friends.

www.aylmerlakelodge.com

Bush Monkey I live in McLennan if you want to meet and chat about this trip I would to buy u a coffee and chat about your adventure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alberta Outdoorsman.jpg (12.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 3039_2_91533852320a44b8ee656a1869ba3c5a.jpg (67.4 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 304425_10151092043878932_1245974107_n.jpg (37.0 KB, 60 views)
Old 01-27-2013, 01:53 AM

Went to Dalton Trail Lodge a couple times when I was younger, its also an excellent outfit. Trophy Pike, Lake trout, Arctic grayling and great guides and lodge!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:59 AM

Default replys

Thanks guys, a lot of good ideas here, a few of you have filled up my PM box with some good stuff, and I appreciate all the help! Im thinking we are now looking at probably a road trip to either salmon fishing of sturgion fishing, It will probably be just 1 full day of fishing, then back to the party waggon. Again, thanks a lot for the help.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Country View Post
Hello Bush Monkey have a look at my fly in fishing lodge in the NWT, on Aylmer Lake and Clinton-Colden Lake.

Why Fishing Works
Bush Monkey Imagine just walking up to the dock as the sun is rising over the vast arctic barren land. Awaiting your arrival are the guides and their ready and excited to show you an incredible day on the water.
Departing, you accelerate, and within seconds, you are heading off to the best lake trout fishing grounds in the world. The guide takes you to THE spot and strategically position the boat for the first pass. You see a big one roll on the surface.... you know they're there!
Then it happens, the gentle tap, tap, pull on the rod, you set the hook! In amazement, you feel an incredible amount of weight, and then the line starts cutting to the surface...the guide points and yells..."it's coming up, it's coming out!" Right then, the most incredible display of brute force and raw power as a 3 ft, 30 lb lake trout EXPLODES from the water less than 15ft off the boat. A classic battle ensues. After a thrilling 30 minutes, you land your trophy of a lifetime. Success! The cameras start clicking and its smiles and high fives all around!
You tell yourself, this is AMAZING.... The trip of a lifetime. You know that you will never forget it!
It's simple. Using fishing trips with family and friends will help you establish stronger and deeper relationships with your family and friends.

www.aylmerlakelodge.com

Bush Monkey I live in McLennan if you want to meet and chat about this trip I would to buy u a coffee and chat about your adventure.
Thanks a lot Peace Country, I checked out your site, Looks amazing! Your comments made me feel like I was there. Very vivid.LOL You should write for hustler forum!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 AM

Thanks Bush Monkey we are very excited for this summer fishing up at Aylmer Lake lodge. IF you want to chat about a trip I know we can work something for you. LOL I wish I was the photographer for Hustler instead of the writer.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K44 View Post
When there last year it has gone down hill I'd never go back even if it was free

X2

Peace Country I looked at your website and it looks like a top knotch operation.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Country View Post

Why Fishing Works
You had me at Hello .........
Old 01-27-2013, 05:43 PM

Im going to try Bistcho and Tapawingo this year. The best fishing and I have fished and guided all over the north is Lake Athabasca. I would say overall even better the Great Slave and Bear !!!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:49 PM

Thanks Ilikemoose I appreciate the feed back on our new web site.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety D View Post
Im going to try Bistcho and Tapawingo this year. The best fishing and I have fished and guided all over the north is Lake Athabasca. I would say overall even better the Great Slave and Bear !!!!!
Fishing is great but the motors and cabin suck we were broke down all the time had to fix it ourselves. Take a frying pan and some cooking utensils as theirs are not usable the BBQ'S are burnt out so don't count on them good luck you'll need it at Tapawingo ( its nothing like when Jack owned it)