Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-20-2019, 04:12 PM

Default Trade ex downsizing

I see where Trade ex is dropping their inventory by 90%. Do they see something coming down the pipes that we don't?
Old 12-20-2019, 06:10 PM
Banned

Sounds like they got pretty big and with that headaches
Downsizing to be able to do the things you love and not live at work
Old 12-21-2019, 12:27 AM

Default Announcement

The owners msg copied and pasted from another site.

Jim

Announcement:

After several years of success, I have decided to downsize T.E.C. Trade Ex Canada. Inc. considerably, by slowing down on purchases and reducing inventory by up to 90 %.

The ultimate goal is to reduce it from a larger corporation to a small hobby and passionate sized business, like it once was. While our growth was successful financially, it’s time to slow down a bit and reduce the hours spent in and around the company.

Make no mistake, we are not closing, we are just simplifying things for ourselves.

You will see more of our products at some of your local dealers, and we may have amazing sales coming up on a few selected items.

Our new hours of operation are: 9AM to 3PM, Monday to Friday. We may take the odd day off .

Thank you for your continued support.
Importer/distributor of firearms, parts and accessories.

Lifetime CSSA Member
Lifetime SCI member
And I watch the metal rusting, and I watch the time go by."
Old 12-21-2019, 09:35 PM

I can't help to think if they should have sold a portion of the business to an investor and operator?

If the financials are solid, all they would need is a operator ...... and they still keep a royalty, % or whatever arrangement works for them.

I'm sure they could get a decent initial check from the buyer and secure long term equity/dividends in the company as they retain some ownership.

The arrangement can even work, where they keep the store front and small business and the other guy (the investor) buys the goodwill of the name, and operates an independent mail/online order business and carries inventory without a store front ....

The owners should consider this. Lot's of benefits to do exactly what they want to do, yet get something out of the goodwill and scale of market share they have built.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:19 AM

I get why they would want to downsize but it is too bad. They are a unique vendor, great service, and have a whole raft of stuff you can't find anywhere else. I hope they continue to source and sell the unusual and rare stuff they have always had. I wish them all the best as they move into this new phase.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:11 PM

What is trade ex? I’ve been a competitive shooter for 6 years and major firearms enthusiasts, bought and sold $50,000+ in firearms and never even heard of them. Is this a distributor or vendor or retail sales?
Old 01-18-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
What is trade ex? I’ve been a competitive shooter for 6 years and major firearms enthusiasts, bought and sold $50,000+ in firearms and never even heard of them. Is this a distributor or vendor or retail sales?
Tradex Canada is a father-son company located in Hawksbury Ontario
They offer top shelf service and good prices on new and used firearms ,
Many of their used guns come from Europe .
They also handle Zastava, Verny Caron and other new firearms as well as hard to find bullets and brass.
Cat
Old 01-18-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Tradex Canada is a father-son company located in Hawksbury Ontario
They offer top shelf service and good prices on new and used firearms ,
Many of their used guns come from Europe .
They also handle Zastava, Verny Caron and other new firearms as well as hard to find bullets and brass.
Cat
Thanks! Will have to check them out... too bad it seems I may be late to the party
Old 01-18-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
Thanks! Will have to check them out... too bad it seems I may be late to the party
"Downsizing" is a very relative term, Tony and Anthony have a a very large inventory!
Cat
Old 01-18-2020, 02:20 PM

Default choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
I see where Trade ex is dropping their inventory by 90%. Do they see something coming down the pipes that we don't?
Canadian economy has not been so hot in quite some time, you see how long it takes to sell almost any kind of rifle now on our EE, try havinf 500 used rifles for sale. Not many downsize when business is good by 90%.....?????
Old 01-19-2020, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faststeel View Post
Canadian economy has not been so hot in quite some time, you see how long it takes to sell almost any kind of rifle now on our EE, try havinf 500 used rifles for sale. Not many downsize when business is good by 90%.....?????
Yup. Not much well loved and cared for equipment there in any case.