Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-04-2013, 06:53 AM

Default husqavarna 30-06

I have a husqavarna 30-06 serial number 112xxx. Nearest I can tell is that it was built in 1948. Can anybody provide me with more information on this rifle? My dad has one as well that is within 1000 serial numbers. He bought it 40+ years ago from a old trapper. Both guns look identical. Are these worth collecting? Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 07:43 AM

I had the same question about my husky, do a quick search and you'll find a thread started by me a week or two ago. Good info on that thread. Husqvarna made quality rifles, the best way to find the model is to post some pics on here, someone will know.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:32 AM

I understand they are well made but looking at tradex website they all seem to have some kind of troubles with the stocks. I'd like to know if the model 1600 are the same gun. Lots of good things are said about husqavarna and I think they are a good looking classic gun.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 AM

Default husqvarna rifles

I have two Husqvarnas: a commercial model 96 action chambered in an 8X57 and a new to me Model 1640 chambered in 6X55 Mauser. As was previously stated, they are fine rifles. I bought the 8X57 on a whim from WSS sports in Edmonton 25 years ago. With handloads, it will shoot 1" groups consistently. It was and is not a pretty gun but it shoots well. My 6.5 Mauser I just purchased from Tradex. Cosmetically it leaves a lot to be desired but mechanically it seems fine. I haven't shot it yet as I'm still doing some cosmetic stuff to it. Tradeex guns are well used. I suspect they are coming from shooting/hunt clubs in Europe but mechanically they seem fine. I'm of the opinion that Husqvarna's are the best of the lot. From what I have been able to find out, Husqvarnas produced some fine rifles using the Mauser 98 action; some of which were built by FN and some by themselves. Model 1640's are a small ring 98 action and apparently are the best version built off the 98. Pretty much all I now. Google Husqvarna rifles. There is a great web sight that lists all the rifles produced by Husqvarna.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:12 PM

Actually the HVA 1640 series is what is known as an Improved Mauser Action. HVA never was licensed to build the Model 98 Mauser. Any that they used came from FN. The 1640 is based on the Model 94 with some Model 98 improvements built in.