Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-18-2018, 08:11 PM

Default This Christmas I'm Thankful For... (You fill in the blanks)

In the midst of the anger and vitriol that is the news nowadays, I thought I'd start an antidote of a thread in the form of giving thanks for all the good stuff in our lives. Feel free to chime in with three or four things that you are thankful for.

This Christmas, I am grateful for... a beautiful wife who has stuck with me in the good times and the trials, two fantastic teenagers, tremendous friends many of which are from AO, and my faith that makes this season more meaningful than just material gifts.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:15 PM

Good idea.

I am truly thankful for having a Great wife who has really gotten on board with the hunting thing over the last few years.

Blessed with two great kids who love the outdoors and enjoy helping me with the jobs I do around home.

I am also thankful to still have a job in my chosen line of work after many rounds of lay offs company wide.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:20 PM

I would say a beautiful wife that I get to spend my life with as we raise our great young daughter. As well as a faith that defines me and helps me see the true meaning of Christmas.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:25 PM

For my girl who turns 4 on New Year's Day and my son born this year !
Old 12-18-2018, 08:26 PM

I’m truly thankful for my wonderful bride of 25 years, my 2 children, as well as my my numerous friends, many of whom are from this forum.

Merry Christmas to all!

There are no absolutes
Old 12-18-2018, 08:32 PM

My partner Heath. 30 years.
4 great adult children
My friends. Oh man, they are unbelievable.

It wont be the same without John or Stephanie.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:46 PM

My family and the phone call from doctor today saying I won my two year battle with prostate cancer all clear just going to monitor every three months.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
My family and the phone call from doctor today saying I won my two year battle with prostate cancer all clear just going to monitor every three months.

Damn straight!
Old 12-18-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:

Amazing ... Enjoy your Christmas ... !
Old 12-18-2018, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

Congrats.

I've got a lot to be thankful for. To much to list. Hope each and everyone of you have a merry Christmas and safe and prosperous 2019
Old 12-18-2018, 09:14 PM

My wife of 32 years... not sure why she’s still here.. but everyday she is here helping me get through my struggles. I am also very happy to report that we did not lose any family or friends, last year was horrible.. we lost a few to many!
So ya I’m thankful my family and friends are alive and doing well as can be expected..
Merry Christmas
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-18-2018, 09:30 PM

A great wife, a dog that's always happy to see me, healthy friends and family....I'm thankful for those that I get to hunt with each and every season and for those that push me to be a better person.
Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-18-2018, 09:33 PM

Incredibly thankful for my husband of 26 years who understands as much as I try I'm not a girly arm-candy type; for his enduring support through thick and thin; for close friends; for people met through this site; for the positive resolution of several severe health issues, and most of all for His Everlasting Love.

Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:36 AM

Quote:

That's great news!
Old 12-19-2018, 04:44 AM

Wife 37 years of mostly bliss, lots of laughs. Kids, grandchild. And my bed, man I love a good nights sleep.

Thomas Sowell
Old 12-19-2018, 06:18 AM
Banned

I thank God for the life and blessings all rounds. Had my second daughter this year and wife had to go through a CS section for delivery.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:27 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

For every day, yesterday, today, and the next day.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-19-2018, 06:32 AM
Banned

Quote:

Best news ever today i guess :s Ha_shakeshout:
Old 12-19-2018, 06:33 AM
Banned

I give God the glory for every now and then
Old 12-19-2018, 06:42 AM

Thankful for the wife (seeing a common trend here) and 2 beautiful kids. I've been working with troubled youth for many years and sometimes it's hard to leave work at the office, but just coming home and having my 4 and 3 year old smile and ask me how I'm doing is, cant even put it into words
Old 12-19-2018, 06:44 AM

Thankful for still being able to be mobile and hunt and fish and my family

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2018, 07:23 AM

Well, my family are all healthy, and all the kids are working and a couple going to school...and all of them will be home for Christmas this year, Hannah is flying in Saturday (thanks to Airmiles). We have a warm house, lots of food, clean running and hot water. Enough work to pay the bills, and enough invested to weather some storms...Lots to be thankful for indeed.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-19-2018, 07:29 AM

I give thanks to another year of still being out there camping, fishing, hunting and being able to enjoy life. Wifey of 58 years is still looking after me quite well. Don't know who trained who but it works. Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:37 AM

Thankful for the skill of the surgeons that successfully removed the large meningioma from my step daughters brain in October and that my 9 year old grandson still has his Mama. Nice to be back in our own home.

Very thankful for my wife,life,adult kids and my pellet grill. Grateful my 85 Hungarian MIL might make one more Xmas. Released from her 8th hospital stay of 2018 on Monday past.

Last edited by omega50; 12-19-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:38 AM

I thank him every day for keeping my family with me , all in good heath .
We lost another friend the other day on the river ,life is so precious to us all, we should never take it fir granted .
Cat
Old 12-19-2018, 07:42 AM

I am 100% Thank-full for the drunk that stumbled from the side of the road & onto the street causing
my mom to slow & brake causing her to miss the idiot whom ran the stop sign who would
have of broadsided her at speed had she been just 1- 1.5 seconds faster...
"Thank you drunk Angel"!
Old 12-19-2018, 08:21 AM

I'm thankful for my incredible hubby that does all of the heavy prep work for all of our outdoor adventures. As well as for him indulging me with all of my pets and/or rescue foster animals.

Two great daughters who drive me crazy with their messiness but at the end of the day I know they could be so much worse and that we truly have great kids.

I'm thankful for my job. Although I absolutely hate it, I have excellent benefits that allow me to take care of my type 1 diabetic daughter.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:31 AM

I'm thankful for the opportunity to make lasting memories with my wife and children. I'm grateful for the soon to be daughter in law joining our family, and for all the wonderful friends and acquaintances in our lives. I'm
also grateful to my employer for keeping me busy for the past 4.5 years, even though I'm being laid off Friday. It's a sign of the times and not their fault.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:32 AM

My kids, my parents, uncle & aunts and all the good friends I have. Now I just need a new mutt.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:02 AM

I'm thankful for my family and friends, to have kept a job over the last few years while many have lost their's, and to be fairly healthy and fit for a 52 year old.