Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2011, 08:31 AM

Default hoosier cabinet

i am interested in buying one of these for my wife. can't seem to find in alberta or even canada for that matter. anybody know of a custom cabinet builder or any antique stores that may be into these. i smell a huge opportunity for an aspiring custom cabinet maker. i can find plenty of suppliers for the hardware and pieces for replacement etc., but i am a bit google challenged, need help please.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 AM
sheephunter

Try hitting a bunch of the antique stores and you'll likely find one. Refinished ones can run upwards of $3,000. I found a fairly intact 1912 Hoosier a number of years ago for $250 and spent about $500 refinishing it and replacing parts. It's an awesome piece now. There is a place in the U.S. that sells new replacement parts made from the original tooling.

When we were at the log home show in Calgary last year there was a place making reproduction Hoosiers but be darned if I can remember the name. I'd start hitting some antique stores and eventually you'll find one. There's usually a couple in Nanton every time we go down.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:47 AM

Do they not still have the antique show in Cgy on the Easter long weekend? Same time as the gun show.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:14 AM

There are a couple on Kijiji

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/f-hoosier-c...sierQ20cabinet