Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-10-2010, 06:38 PM

Default Thoughtful Partners

Just got a call from my 'little lady'. Although she hates the cold, and will not ice fish, she knows what I am looking for in baits. She was out to an 'Asian' marketplace to pick up some stuff I needed to make a couple of dishes, and noticed they had some frozen fish on sale.. She called right away, and gave me the details...(turned out to be one of the mackerel family) and looks a lot like the Portugese herrings I love to use for BIG pike. Being the sweetie she is, she picked me up a few packages.. Gotta appreciate those that love us even if they hate our sports...
Old 01-10-2010, 06:54 PM

You're a lucky man. My wife is good at discarding my baits from the fridge/freezer.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:03 PM

Believe me, I get enough grief if I don't use my bar fridge to keep bait in...haha
She knows how much I love my fishing though, so I think a lot of the protests are just her way of letting me know who is really in charge of the house..haha
Old 01-10-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfespirit View Post
You're a lucky man. My wife is good at discarding my baits from the fridge/freezer.
You just gotta convince the Warden that a bigger new Fridge/Ice box would be a nice addition to have in the Kitchen. The old " Fridge" would be moved to the basement or Garage where you could make use of it.

Worked for me as I have myself a large Fridge in the basement strictly for fishing Bait. Big enough where I keep 2 Styrofoam Worm Boxes which I usually stock with about 200 nice fat Juicy Crawlers. Still plenty of room as in the Summer usually keep abut 1-2 lbs of Leeches along with a couple Ice Cream pails of water to change out the water for them. Freezer section can easily hold about 2 cases of Frozen Minnows, and a couple of bags of Smelts...
Old 01-10-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchow View Post
You just gotta convince the Warden that a bigger new Fridge/Ice box would be a nice addition to have in the Kitchen. The old " Fridge" would be moved to the basement or Garage where you could make use of it.

Worked for me as I have myself a large Fridge in the basement strictly for fishing Bait. Big enough where I keep 2 Styrofoam Worm Boxes which I usually stock with about 200 nice fat Juicy Crawlers. Still plenty of room as in the Summer usually keep abut 1-2 lbs of Leeches along with a couple Ice Cream pails of water to change out the water for them. Freezer section can easily hold about 2 cases of Frozen Minnows, and a couple of bags of Smelts...
Very niceBetter selection than half the places round here
Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
Very niceBetter selection than half the places round here
No doubt. I know whose door to knock on if I need bait and the shops are closed.