Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-22-2017, 10:05 AM

Default LH long draw

Hey guys, I know there is lots of threads about which bows people recommend, and I know that that its whatever fits you the best but being a left handed shooter with a 32 inch draw length I'm a little limited to walk into a shop and shoot a bow that I'm actually interected in ( not very many places stock them ).
I'm hoping to find a bow with a true draw length to fit, I dont really want to be messing around with d-loops and release lengths.
I currently own an older mathews monster an it works but I'm just looking for an upgrade. I have shot quite a few of the brands and honestly I really liked the feel of the prime bows, but it dosent look like they make a 32.

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the elite tempo, when I was looking through their 2017 line up it says that it is a hunting and 3D and it doesn't show that it is recommended for field or in door shooting and I was just wondering why? Is it an accuracy issue? It does have a shorter axle to axle which I like.

I've been kind of leaning towards the hoyt double xl. But I was wondering what some of your thoughts are.

I'm just looking for a nice shooting bow, not a speed demon.

Thank you
Old 04-22-2017, 10:38 AM

Jimbows Edmonton had a PSE Beast and a couple other long draw LH bows. I would give them or the Calgary shop a call.

LC
Old 04-22-2017, 11:53 AM

Mathews Halon X Comp has 32".

I haven't shot the X Comp but have shot the X and is one of the smoothest bows I've shot.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:42 PM

I was in Jim bows Calgary and saw they had a PSE Beast on sale left hand for 900.00. They are a great bow and will go out to 33 inch I believe. I think Tim Gillingham won the IBO Worlds shooting one of those. With that kind of draw length you will get great speed with whichever bow you go with. If you pick up the bow on sale it leaves more dollars to pick up better accessories
Old 04-23-2017, 08:37 PM

I have a 31.5" draw and shoot the Bowtech Boss and absolutely love it. I bought mine from Jim Bows and the bow is more accurate than I can shoot. Highly recommend it.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:21 AM

I shoot 31.5" draw left hand and have just the same problem when shopping for a new bow that you do. A very limited choice to try out if any - often none are on the rack. You have to order one in and then kinda feel obligated to buy it if it seems like its better than your last bow. I have a Elite Tempo on order from Jimbows as the draw length will work. I went down to a 60 pound bow as well from a 70 pound. Three weeks and we will see what its like.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:06 PM

Yeah I was looking at the boss last year and it is a nice bow. I've never actually put my hands on one tho. I just bought my girlfriend the Bowtech carbon rose, and I actually can't believe how well it shoots. I'm sure I'm in the same boat as everyone when I don't really want to buy a bow without actually shooting one, but that being said I can't expect a shop to order in a bow just so I can test shoot it. Haha Don't want to buy the cow before I try the milk kind of thing.

Thanks for the info, I will have to check out Jim bows one of these days soon and see what they have.

I've shot a couple of the smaller elite and they were very nice. I'm really interested what the Tempo is like. Once you get yours you should let us know how you like it!
Old 04-29-2017, 03:40 PM

Just picked this sucker up.
32" draw length on these.
80lb.
Obsession Huracon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2017, 07:51 PM

Wholesale has a pse phenom

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 04-29-2017, 10:34 PM

Apa mamba 38 RDS has a 32 1/2" draw length and mamba 36 RDS has a 32" draw length