Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-13-2016, 12:57 PM

Default Hot Bite on Pigeon Lake Video

Amazing bite on Pigeon again. Fished the new 2.5" SmartFish tipped with some of your more popular dressings, plastics/minnow/leech. Lots of people tip jig heads with a full minnow, try just a 1/3 of a minnow on a SmartFish when jigging vertically. The rattles are key in this presentation as it draws fish in from 15-20' away and the little piece of minnow triggers them. Met some great people on the water while filming and handed out some samples to some boats and a kayaker around us who immediately started lighting them up! That was the best part of the day for sure..

one of these should work, thanks for watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qS9PrBGGSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qS9PrBGGSY
Old 09-13-2016, 03:57 PM

Nice video thanks for posting!
Old 09-13-2016, 04:49 PM

Thanks Dom4 !
Old 09-13-2016, 06:20 PM

Default Hot bite on pigeon lake vid

Is there any particular color that the walleyes seem to prefer day in and day out? If you could only have one color to use, what would it be? Thanks for the advise.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:08 PM

White jig.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:27 PM

Default Hot it's on pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Is there any particular color that the walleyes seem to prefer day in and day out? If you could only have one color to use, what would it be? Thanks for the advise.
What color of Smartfish?

Last edited by trigger7mm; 09-13-2016 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Mis spell
Old 09-13-2016, 10:11 PM

Default Best color ? Read what Pyzer has to say about it

Thanks for the enquiry. I found that the walleye and glow tiger patterns kinda cover every condition and have produced amazingly. The walleye pattern actually has glow eyes and may have the edge.. Jig it or cast it. The vertical presentation with this bait is deadly, I don't know if you ice fish but try it through the ice it's epic. Thanks so much for asking your question, you can contact me anytime !

Really though best colors are in the eye of the beholder ? Read what Gord Pyzer has to say about it... It's pretty significant

http://www.outdoorcanada.ca/COLOUR_BLIND_WALLEYES
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.3 KB, 72 views)
Old 09-14-2016, 12:22 AM

What do you mean please Jet ? Do you mean can you purchase them In stores the answer is yes, Fishin hole or wholesale sports, or from the website. Let me know if that's what you meant !

Thanks
Old 09-14-2016, 08:10 AM

Judging by shirt, video and post ID say this is an unpaid advert. Still a great lure though!
Old 09-14-2016, 08:35 AM

Hello Jet sorry for misunderstanding your question. I am the owner/inventor of Kamooki lures, a local Alberta based company. I like to share techniques on how to use them from time to time.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:42 PM

nice vid! I've had great success with these lures on walleye, pike and even some bull trout in the Oldman river

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 07:15 PM

I'll be at pigeon this week, I will be trying out my new lures then. Will also try at Tobin lake and the Winnipeg river next month.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cageyc View Post
I'll be at pigeon this week, I will be trying out my new lures then. Will also try at Tobin lake and the Winnipeg river next month.
Thanks Cageyc I'm excited for you, just work it like in the vid and you'll smoke them. Tip it with 1/3 of a minnow and your laughing. Stretches our your minnow tub 3x.... Let me know how you did !!
Old 09-15-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cageyc View Post
You might want to re-think using them at Tobin. Unless you have a truck full of them. One tends to loose a fair bit of tackle at Tobin. Hence why most just lindy rig.

Not saying you can't do it. Just need to be careful, ie make sure your in the old river channel and not getting to close to the bottom.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:33 PM

Good work!

https://bit.ly/2RNVTKm
Old 09-16-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
So are you a sponsor?
Why are you so worried about it. Are you a sponsor or a Mod. Chill out dude. your the one who asked him if he was associated not him throwing it around.

Looks like a good product and I will probably go to Wholesale ( a sponsor) and pick up a couple.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Why are you so worried about it. Are you a sponsor or a Mod. Chill out dude. your the one who asked him if he was associated not him throwing it around.

Looks like a good product and I will probably go to Wholesale ( a sponsor) and pick up a couple.
Well you saw how the original poster avoided the question and went on to reply to others. Jet is just questioning because there are people who actually pay or sponsor the forum to advertise. If you think about it, it's unfair to the others if this guy is advertising his product for free.

Now what he should really do is send me a bucket full, I'll give them a try and make some vids and post them, haha!!!!

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures