Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-11-2017, 03:47 PM

Default Sturgeon on the Frazer

Gonna be out that way in september and were going to do at least 1 day on the river for sturgeon. Just looking for any personnal experiences with guides/companies that you have fished with. All good and bad experiences are welcome. After 6 days fishing for them in southern alberta this species still eludes me!!!
Old 02-11-2017, 06:20 PM

I went with Marc & Maggie Laynes a few times and had a great time. We stayed at the hotel in town, rather than the B&B. He picked us up every morning, Maggie packed a big lunch and we caught a 9 foot, and a bunch of 3-7 footers. I've gone with other outfits, who didn't have the spots, the comfortable jet boat or the work hard attitude. Check out Cascadefishingadventures.com
Old 02-11-2017, 06:37 PM

Default Great river fishing

I grew up in chilliwack and personally know the owner of great river fishing adventures. In fact my father designed his website. I also went to school with one of his guides. The owners name is dean. Very professional outfit and always have good success. Check em out!
Old 02-11-2017, 06:40 PM

There are a pile of guides on the Fraser, I'd be using an outfit that has lots of experience and well referred.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:09 PM

Last year we went with a guide named Braeden Szlabon. He was with STS but now he is with Streamline Guiding.

http://www.fishinginvancouver.ca/

We fished with him for an evening and caught 4 over 6 ft and a few smaller ones too. This was my 2nd time out to the Fraser and my buddies 3rd time and it was the best fishing either of us have had so far.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Banned

Default STS Guiding

Old 02-11-2017, 09:44 PM

Kurt505 that is Braeden(same guide I just mentioned). He is with Streamline Guiding now.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Kurt505 that is Braeden(same guide I just mentioned). He is with Streamline Guiding now.
Ya, I kinda figured it was him.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:49 PM

Look up Jeff grimolfson river monsters adventures. They catch a lot of mighty big fish there.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull master View Post
Look up Jeff grimolfson river monsters adventures. They catch a lot of mighty big fish there.

2x for Jeff and his crew. Never fished with Jeff but with his guide Nick twice now. Always a good time! But September is getting late for the Lilloet area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
I grew up in chilliwack and personally know the owner of great river fishing adventures. In fact my father designed his website. I also went to school with one of his guides. The owners name is dean. Very professional outfit and always have good success. Check em out!

Great river fishing is the one guide I want to go fishing with bad. He's priced very good to!

Old 02-13-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsledder View Post
2x for Jeff and his crew. Never fished with Jeff but with his guide Nick twice now. Always a good time! But September is getting late for the Lilloet area.

I knew Nick when he was a toddler, have met Jeff. I lived in Lillooet for many years. It is a bit different fishing farther up in the canyon than on the lower mainland/lower Fraser river but the canyon, scenery, surroundings and the fishing is second to none, less urbanized, less traffic. You will pretty much have the river to yourself. The fish are just as big. Far wilder, quiet rural/wilderness type setting. Take your binoculars and look for Goats and Bighorn sheep along the canyon while your waiting for the fish to bite.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Last year we went with a guide named Braeden Szlabon. He was with STS but now he is with Streamline Guiding.

http://www.fishinginvancouver.ca/

We fished with him for an evening and caught 4 over 6 ft and a few smaller ones too. This was my 2nd time out to the Fraser and my buddies 3rd time and it was the best fishing either of us have had so far.

I fished with Braeden when he was with STS. He fished July in 35 degree heat in 2015 and still hooked 5 or 6 and landed 4. We saw 2 giants jump. Braeden is good to work with and he knows the river, difference in a couple feet mean being on the spot or not. He was real patient with the guys who had never fished.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:20 AM

Never fished the Frazer but I gotta make it out there sometime to hook on to one of those monster sturgeon what a battle that must be!!
Old 02-14-2017, 10:44 AM
AO Sponsor

http://fraserriversedge.com/ Mike Jones is the man!

/Thread closed
Old 02-14-2017, 11:15 AM

If you go with Cascade go with CJ. He is their best guide. Laines getting to old and cranky wont go with him again...
Old 02-15-2017, 01:36 PM

I use Jay through Fraser west.. had awesome fish with him every time out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0082.jpg (65.2 KB, 89 views)
Old 04-11-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Tessier View Post
I fished with Braeden when he was with STS. He fished July in 35 degree heat in 2015 and still hooked 5 or 6 and landed 4. We saw 2 giants jump. Braeden is good to work with and he knows the river, difference in a couple feet mean being on the spot or not. He was real patient with the guys who had never fished.
We have been out with 3 guides and he was the best so far, we are going with him again this year.

Figured I would let you guys know that he is offering a great deal on early season trips to get his business going. Only $620 for 8 hrs(up to 4 people) on trips before June 15th. Heck of a deal for anyone thinking about giving it a try, I am hoping to squeeze a trip in later this month.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:57 PM

Went with Cascades a couple years ago. Caught a couple just over 6'.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 04-13-2017, 01:10 PM

i would suggest fraser river lodge. and i would try to get jay as a guide. he is a great guy ive been out there 4 times.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:47 PM

I always go with Lang's Fishing Adventures. Really nice guide and he carries a money back guarantee for sturgeon. I've almost always gone home with an 8ft+ fish on the day
Old 04-15-2017, 09:52 PM

Thanks for the responses and Pm's. We have booked with Cascade for a day, will post photos when I get back!
Old 04-16-2017, 10:55 AM

We are headed out for 5 days late September. Should be great this year with the pinks running!