Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-11-2017, 03:06 PM

Default Full Service Resorts

Ladies & Gentlemen - I'm looking for some help in narrowing down a fresh water destination to take my "elderly-but-agile" mother. What the brothers and I are hoping to find is a full service place (no cooking or cleaning for mom) that can provide some comfortable boats (padded seats and backs) and is not too rustic. Would like to her to have better-than-average chance at landing larger size pike and walleye. Budget is somewhat open but hoping for good value and friendly service. Would prefer a place in Alberta first then work slowly east into Ontario if necessary. I understand the best times may be gone by now but our calendar is also somewhat open. Public responses or PM's gratefully accepted.
Thanks everyone
Old 04-11-2017, 03:17 PM

TRY, PINE ISLAND LODGE IN MANITOBA ,Great small mouth ,walleye and pike
Old 04-11-2017, 03:34 PM

IIRC Lloyd Lake Lodge in Saskatchewan has a full service plan
Cat
Old 04-11-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyPikeHunter View Post
Ladies & Gentlemen - I'm looking for some help in narrowing down a fresh water destination to take my "elderly-but-agile" mother. What the brothers and I are hoping to find is a full service place (no cooking or cleaning for mom) that can provide some comfortable boats (padded seats and backs) and is not too rustic. Would like to her to have better-than-average chance at landing larger size pike and walleye. Budget is somewhat open but hoping for good value and friendly service. Would prefer a place in Alberta first then work slowly east into Ontario if necessary. I understand the best times may be gone by now but our calendar is also somewhat open. Public responses or PM's gratefully accepted.

Thanks everyone

Look up cree lake lodge. We mostly specialize in trophy pike (over 40 inches) and lake trout, and there are a few good walleye spots on the lake aswell. It is in Saskatchewan and is a fly in camp. Feel free to message me for some pics and info or look us up online.

Facebook - Cree lake lodge
Instagram - creelakelodge
Online - creelakelodge.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2017, 04:24 PM

There are plenty of places that fit your criteria but most are fly-in only. The ones you can drive to will not be full-service and most as not great "trophy" lakes anyway nor do many offer boats with padded seats etc.

Lake Athabasca in the far north has some of the best fishing I have encountered. the lodges there have full-meal plan service, guide service, and comfy boats. You will pay for this however as these remote location cost a pretty penny. If you want a great trip for your mom, look up Indian head Fishing Lodge. It is run by good people and the whole experience is one that neither you nor your mom will ever forget.

BTW I dont not work for nor am I affiliated in any way with Indian Head. I have been there a couple of times and enjoyed it immensely. Only other thing is the packages are 7 days. I dunno if your mom wants to fish for 7 days but the good news is if she didnt feel like fishing one day the lodge is in a great place for hanging out, exploring etc.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:56 AM

If you find somewhere that's suitable for you, but lack the comfortable boat, just come by my place and grab my boat for the week.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:51 PM

If i was booking a trip this summer it would be to Cree or Athabasca. There's probably a million other great ones too

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
IIRC Lloyd Lake Lodge in Saskatchewan has a full service plan
Cat
Awesome suggestion and a GREAT place!!!!
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
TRY, PINE ISLAND LODGE IN MANITOBA ,Great small mouth ,walleye and pike
I'm curious about this place, 'cause I'd never heard of it. Their website is really lacking in information. Where exactly is it? It kind of looks like Nopiming, along the Wpg River...kinda by Trails End Resort...? Any idea how much boat rentals and accomodations are per day/night? TIA!
Old 04-13-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
If you find somewhere that's suitable for you, but lack the comfortable boat, just come by my place and grab my boat for the week.
EZM I'd like to borrow your boat for a week since you're offering lol. I do like that Tyee you posted, so sick. Want to rent it to me for a weekend?
Old 04-13-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
I'm curious about this place, 'cause I'd never heard of it. Their website is really lacking in information. Where exactly is it? It kind of looks like Nopiming, along the Wpg River...kinda by Trails End Resort...? Any idea how much boat rentals and accomodations are per day/night? TIA!
Yes it's on the Winnipeg river past Trail Ends Camp 22 miles upriver yes their website is lacking started guiding their 30 years ago still go back every summer

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2017, 04:18 PM

No I'm kind of surprised they don't have a price list on their website but they do have housekeeping and boat rentals you'd have to call Brian Burgess at the number supplied

Old 04-14-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
No I'm kind of surprised they don't have a price list on their website but they do have housekeeping and boat rentals you'd have to call Brian Burgess at the number supplied

thanks for the info. Got an email from Brian yesterday. Looks like it's only boat-in to their place...pretty cool, but that adds extra expense. We're looking for Drive In. I'm thinking Quesnel Caribou, Trails End, Perch Bay by Kenora, or the one at Minaki.....one of those, we'll likely end up doing this July for a couple days midweek!! Thanks again, 35W!
Old 04-14-2017, 08:25 AM

Default P,i,l,

Yes its boat in from point du bois 22, miles up the Winnipeg river
Old 04-14-2017, 08:25 AM
Banned

Enodah/ trout rock lodge NWT.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrance Fishburn View Post
EZM I'd like to borrow your boat for a week since you're offering lol. I do like that Tyee you posted, so sick. Want to rent it to me for a weekend?
LOL ..... I've known TrophyPikeHunter for 15 years ....... although it may have looked like a random act of kindness to a stranger ...... I'm not that nice of a guy !!!!! LOL

He's been on that boat dozens of times and knows how everything works, how it acts, how to launch and load the boat the way I like it, etc...

He's also one of the few people I know who is meticulously cautious, methodical and likes to keep things clean and organised. He's easy on the equipment and the few times he's used my boat in the past it came back cleaner and more organised before it left.

But yeah .... re-reading my original response I look like a humanitarian and philanthropist ... lol