Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 PM

Default Whites in Pigeon

Was out today talking with some of the commercial fisherman they were getting btw 30 to 50 a net wanted to find out basically what depth the whites are at. They were fishing 26 to 30 ft of water and most of the fish were in the 24 to 28 foot depth according to the nets hope this helps with trying to get a few with hooks lol they were straight out from Grandview Park I believe its called. I was over north of the Prov Park trying to use a tag or two fished 2 hrs got 4 Waters all between 3 and 5 cms over my slot size oh well back to the drawing board another day lol
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 PM

my father in law bought 4 off a netter on wednesday. i went over to clean them for him and they where the biggest whites i have seen come out of pigeon in a long time.not sure where his nets where set but told my father in law that he got 300 plus fish. not sure the white to walleye ratio on that but said he only got 1 pike. also not sure how many pulls that was either. was charging 5 buck fish.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:10 AM

Default Fish

Yes I spoke to 2 groups today the first group only had 1 ling no jack or walleye all big whites and the second group had caught 1 ling 1 walleye and 1 ling rest were huge whites they both had 3 nets each and were allowed to pull all this week mon - fri