Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-14-2013, 04:19 PM

Default Park lake noble ford

Hey,

I was out there today. Seemed like this lake gets very little attention. Not many old holes out there. I only spent 10 mins fishing but managed to land 3 small pike. I am going again in search of perch. I was a little un easy about the ice. I know 2 feet is good but that lake boomed and cracked non stop.

Anybody have any stories to share about the lake? Am I wasting my time?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:35 PM

Once and awhile you may find a decent size fish but for the most part it is full of little fish.

I think the reason it doesn't see as much attention is because Keho has some pretty big fish roaming around with pretty decent odds of hooking into one.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 PM

Love that lake! My biggest pike to date came from Park lake last December- 18lbs. I'd venture to guess there's plenty that size and bigger out there. While there are lots of small fish, there are decent ones to be had. Have heard a rumor that a fish pushing 30+lbs was netted in there during some study years back.

It's just too bad the lake is over run by weeds, and is pretty well un-fishable on shore by mid July. Even last winter i was battling weeds that were 6 feet up in 10' of water.

Haven't spent any time looking for the perch, but they're in there. Pretty sure one member on here posted a 12-13 incher from there last week (though i think he deleted it from his photobucket account not long after posting the pic).

Spent a fair bit of time out there last winter, but sadly haven't got out there this year. Hope to get out at least once before the ice goes rotten.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
Love that lake! My biggest pike to date came from Park lake last December- 18lbs. I'd venture to guess there's plenty that size and bigger out there. While there are lots of small fish, there are decent ones to be had. Have heard a rumor that a fish pushing 30+lbs was netted in there during some study years back.

It's just too bad the lake is over run by weeds, and is pretty well un-fishable on shore by mid July. Even last winter i was battling weeds that were 6 feet up in 10' of water.

Haven't spent any time looking for the perch, but they're in there. Pretty sure one member on here posted a 12-13 incher from there last week (though i think he deleted it from his photobucket account not long after posting the pic).

Spent a fair bit of time out there last winter, but sadly haven't got out there this year. Hope to get out at least once before the ice goes rotten.
Never deleted it, just moved it without realizing it would mess my previous post up, definitely wasn't intentional.

I like the lake because it is close to home. Water level is lower than previous years and is always very weedy, water clarity isn't all that good but the fishing has still been ok. Been out 3 times this season. Pike on the small side most of the time but they are plentiful, they keep you busy most days.

I agree with you MF, there definitely is some good pike in there. Caught one just under 10 lb last weekend that had teeth marks on both sides near it's tail, would like to see what was trying to eat it. This was the first perch I've caught ice fishing here and I've fished the lake for over 30 years.

Here's the perch again, and the pike.

Just kidding, here it is...
Old 02-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Banned

ummmmmm

That is a massive perch.

Cool
Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 AM

Nice fatty
Old 02-15-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacman View Post
Never deleted it, just moved it without realizing it would mess my previous post up, definitely wasn't intentional.

I like the lake because it is close to home. Water level is lower than previous years and is always very weedy, water clarity isn't all that good but the fishing has still been ok. Been out 3 times this season. Pike on the small side most of the time but they are plentiful, they keep you busy most days.

I agree with you MF, there definitely is some good pike in there. Caught one just under 10 lb last weekend that had teeth marks on both sides near it's tail, would like to see what was trying to eat it. This was the first perch I've caught ice fishing here and I've fished the lake for over 30 years.

Ya sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that the picture disappearing was intentional.

Though, it has been known to happen that a member posts a pic without disclosing the location and then gets bombarded with pm's about it, so the member just deletes the picture.

Anyways, to the OP, you're not wasting your time. I had lots of fun out there last winter. You just need to battle the weeds, and wade through the smaller pike and you'll find bigger fish. For what it's worth, my 18lb'er was caught in 5' of water and in and around the weeds.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Banned

Park Lake has largemouth bass in it FYI.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCFisherman View Post
Park Lake has largemouth bass in it FYI.
REALLY???????? If thats the case im in!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:18 PM

I pulled a nice burbot out of Park a couple years ago.

Mostly small pike.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:24 PM

I remember seeing the pic of your burb a year or two back dust... Sweet! And my god, thats a MASSIVE perch!

A 23" walleye was netted out of it last year too, along with many 5-7lb lake whites.

There are good fish in there, but my god is it weedy....