Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-21-2017, 02:34 PM
Banned

Default If you don't think the decline is here...

Think again.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3614255/te...etention-pond/

Quote:
A group of teenagers who watched and laughed as a man drowned in Florida last week, won’t face any criminal charges.
Jamel Dunn, 31, drowned in a retention pond in the city of Cocoa, Fla., July 12. His body was recovered July 14, two days after his fiancée*reported him missing.

Cocoa police said they later discovered a group of teens recorded his drowning on video. The video was released by the state attorney’s office Thursday and audio was published by Florida Today.
READ MORE: ‘It would have saved my son’: Good Samaritan Drug Overdose Act becomes law in Canada
The teens can be heard laughing at Dunn, telling him he’s going die and they weren’t going to help him.
“Get out the water, you gonna die,” one of the teenagers in the video yelled. “Ain’t nobody fixing to help you,” another one yelled. As Dunn disappears under the water, one of the teenagers is heard saying “Oh, he just died.”
The teenagers did not call 911, according to police.
Dunn’s body was found near the pond days later.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:37 PM

Wow...That is cold.

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 07-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
Wow...That is cold.
Beyond cold. It's down right evil, disgusting, pathetic and criminal.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Criminal is right.

I just don't get how you can just stand there and let that happen, then to laugh and mock on top of that. Just wow.

The parents of those kids should feel real proud of the job they did raising their kids.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 02:52 PM
Banned

That`s weird and harsh. Me and most everyone I know would have damn near died trying to save him.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:18 PM

That's Florida for you
Old 07-21-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millartech View Post
Criminal is right.

I just don't get how you can just stand there and let that happen, then to laugh and mock on top of that. Just wow.

The parents of those kids should feel real proud of the job they did raising their kids.

Won't be charged, apparently not against the law. Parents of these kids are probably more waste of skin.

Grizz
Old 07-21-2017, 03:29 PM

Wonder why the guy was in there. Did he want to die? There were no arms waving, no splashing. He didn't appear to be in distress. Did they see him walk in?
Old 07-21-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Won't be charged, apparently not against the law. Parents of these kids are probably more waste of skin.

Grizz
It's sad nothing can be done.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
That's Florida for you
Lots of Good people in Florida. Just not those guys. If you don't think there's losers like that everywhere, you're mistaken.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
Lots of Good people in Florida. Just not those guys. If you don't think there's losers like that everywhere, you're mistaken.
Just an observation, look at the news; a large amount of craziness comes from that swamp.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=Fisherpeak;3588105]That`s weird and harsh. Me and most everyone I know would have damn near died trying to save him.[/QUOTE]

x1000

I wouldn't waste spending my time with anyone that wouldn't try and save him.

Down right disgusting.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:48 PM

Can't charge them, I wish they would release their names. Would probably be hero's among themselves, but at least the rest of us would know who the animals are among us.

Thomas Sowell
Old 07-21-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Can't charge them,.
I hope the law never can. I don't want to be held responsible for some other person's Darwinian moment. I may try to save an individual, but I don't want to be charged and have to defend myself if I judge it to be too dangerous or that I didn't realize they were actually in distress.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Banned

One of the sickest videos I've ever watched.

That's all I'm going to say about that. My membership is more valuable than making any further comments on the topic.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:23 PM
Banned

If you check the link now, there is an update.
The police have found an obscure law to charge these slimeballs under.
It doesn't mention penalties, but I hope jail time is allowed.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:24 PM

Yup, Cold Hearted for sure.
Karma will be visiting them one day.
Rob
Old 07-21-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I hope the law never can. I don't want to be held responsible for some other person's Darwinian moment. I may try to save an individual, but I don't want to be charged and have to defend myself if I judge it to be too dangerous or that I didn't realize they were actually in distress.
Not many situation where your life would be in danger calling 911 instead of using your cell phone to video an event.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
If you check the link now, there is an update.
The police have found an obscure law to charge these slimeballs under.
It doesn't mention penalties, but I hope jail time is allowed.
Hopefully it will get their names out there.

Thomas Sowell
Old 07-21-2017, 09:59 PM

What is a retention pond? Sounds like a place it would not be very smart to go for a swim in.

The response saying youre gonna die might be because that is a really bad place to go for a swim and no one will jump in because of said risk.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:07 PM

Default Florida

Im not defending these freaks at all, they must be the lowest of the low to record something like that but I'm not sure I'd be willing to jump into any body of water in Florida, I've heard too many 'Gator stories.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
It already does here in Canada. OHAS laws require you to intervene if you see someone's doing something stupid at work that could get themselves or someone else hurt or killed. If you don't you are personally liable for whatever happens. I can't remember the exact act but its been in force for quite a few years as I remember having a big meeting about it when it came into law.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:26 PM

Lots of weird things in this story. The guy got to the middle of the pond with all his clothes on? and then wants help? I am not a great swimmer, and I have also been told that someone that is drowning can fight you to the point where they will take you with them if you are not properly trained in rescue. Authorities should have been called right away, no maybes here. I believe that the attitude of these boys is not limited to Florida, but here in Canada as well. I hate these snapshot stories that aren't giving the readers the before and after information on what is all going on.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
What is a retention pond? Sounds like a place it would not be very smart to go for a swim in.

The response saying youre gonna die might be because that is a really bad place to go for a swim and no one will jump in because of said risk.
And that means it was okay for then to spend their time filming instead of calling 911?
I think your moral compass is a bit off.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
It already does here in Canada. OHAS laws require you to intervene if you see someone's doing something stupid at work that could get themselves or someone else hurt or killed. If you don't you are personally liable for whatever happens. I can't remember the exact act but its been in force for quite a few years as I remember having a big meeting about it when it came into law.
I was talking about this with a university professor (can't remember if psychology or psychiatry) and he said I should just mind my own business if it does not involve me directly. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you just shut up and pretend you didn't see anything, and deny everything. You have an idiot at work that is going to get himself killed, you stick your nose in, save him today, next week it is something different and you stick your nose in again, and the cycle just continues, but eventually he may take your life in the process. Everyone has their own opinion.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:55 PM

Yep those young kids....oh wait.... this A-hole was 65.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...cid=spartanntp
Old 07-21-2017, 11:52 PM

[QUOTE=Okotokian;3588159]I hope the law never can. I don't want to be held responsible for some other person's Darwinian moment. I may try to save an individual, but I don't want to be charged and have to defend myself if I judge it to be too dangerous or that I didn't realize they were actually in distress.[/QUOTE

Not sure how to respond to this one......
Old 07-22-2017, 06:45 AM

The true character of some is sure coming out on this threat. Those degenerates should be put away that took this video Sick.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:14 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Simply sick.

Proud parents no dought.

They will get there's what comes around goes around, another example of the law doesn't step in then others will.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-22-2017, 12:50 PM

I'm sure it was during the floods in Calgary and area 3 (?) years ago. There was a video going around of someone trying to drive out of an underground parkade. Their car dies and gets washed back down into the parkade and conceivably was in great danger. In the video you see several people holding up phones and not a one trying to help. This mentality is alive and well in Canada, and for some time.