Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-05-2017, 05:09 AM

Default Fierce Edge opinions.

I'm looking for some feedback on Fierce edge models.

I'm looking for a left handed rifle and they are on the same price level as a cooper. I was quoted about 3350 for a left handed Edge. No carbon barrel or ti action.

I understand the action is a sako with tighter tolerances much like others are done the same off the rem 700. It appears bedded on a rear pillar and a front bedding block.

I'm interested because I'm looking for a high quality synthetic stock rifle with a bolt throw less than 90 degrees in left hand.

What type of costs would one be getting into on a full custom build with a stiller or defiance type action with an mcmillian edge or manners with a bdl and timney trigger eh stock as comparison? Around $4500?

Ive read that fierce had delivery problems and some others but those posts are from 2014 and 2015. I've heard everytime is all fixed up now.

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2017, 09:33 AM

Just picked up a Carbon Edge from Canadian tire in Rocky Mountain house, AB
They have a decent supply of them. Maybe give a call might have what you are looking for in stock.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:18 AM

Probably looking between $5000-$6000 to build a defiance/stiller in a McMillan edge with a carbon barrel.
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper
Old 07-05-2017, 02:04 PM

Buy a used 75 or 85 and drop it into a McMillan edge. You will less spent and have a better rifle. (Only my opinion)

When fierce was just starting to show up up here I handled a few and was not impressed at all. I personally saw crooked swivel studs, metal proud of the stock here and there and the fluted versions didn't have the flutes indexed. Perhaps they are better now, I haven't handled any in the last year.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
I'm looking for some feedback on Fierce edge models.

I'm looking for a left handed rifle and they are on the same price level as a cooper. I was quoted about 3350 for a left handed Edge. No carbon barrel or ti action.

I understand the action is a sako with tighter tolerances much like others are done the same off the rem 700. It appears bedded on a rear pillar and a front bedding block.

I'm interested because I'm looking for a high quality synthetic stock rifle with a bolt throw less than 90 degrees in left hand.

What type of costs would one be getting into on a full custom build with a stiller or defiance type action with an mcmillian edge or manners with a bdl and timney trigger eh stock as comparison? Around $4500?

Ive read that fierce had delivery problems and some others but those posts are from 2014 and 2015. I've heard everytime is all fixed up now.

Thanks!
Are you looking for a light weight hunting rifle or a target rifle?

I have a 260imp built on a Defiance Rebel action in a LH, with a Jury heavy barrel all stainless, jewel trigger, HS precision stock that I am thinking about selling. Defiance 20MOA rail, and a Sightron Siii target dot reticle scope negotiable as well.

This thread shows the rifle.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...light=defiance

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 07-05-2017 at 02:33 PM.