Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-03-2017, 11:05 PM

Default APA mamba 32 TF

Well once again I have decided to try another APA ,bought myself a Mamba 32 TF . I guess I will see hope it's better then the last m7 I had years ago . I couldn't resist I just love the way this one felt in my hand and so far 30 shots and it seems very well , haven't tried tunning yet so we will se stand by 😱
Old 05-04-2017, 08:52 PM

Cool. I hope apa continues to make improvements and innovations.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:03 AM

Good choice! l've got the 34tf and it is a big improvement over my last 2 APA bows. It should tune up relatively easy for you.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:54 AM

Any updates on how you like it?
Old 05-10-2017, 10:27 AM

I have been shooting my 32 tf since last year and love it ... way better then my rpm360 that I had... same specs for the most part and it doesn't kill my shoulder .

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 05-13-2017, 07:16 PM

Default APA so far

Well after about 400 shots I can say it's sure different then my elite energy 32 , however I new they wouldn't be the same , I can say I just love the way it feels and it's dead in my hand zero noise or vibration . The one thing I am trying to get use to is the draw cycle ,I find it wanting to creep forward lots , I realize that this is a lot to do with the style of cam maybe . I am a 29 inch draw and feel that it's to long for me maybe this is why there is so much creep ? . To be honest it's throwing me way off seems like I am jerking and punching my release to early spaying arrows . I want to love this bow so bad because of its feeling so I hope I can get rid of what ever I am doing maybe it just me and it's playing head games . I was also surprised it wasn't faster with my 29 inch 405 grain victory vaps I am getting 305 FPS . Plenty fast for me anyways .
Old 05-13-2017, 07:30 PM

If you were 29" on an Elite, you might be 28-28.5 on an APA. They used to be known to draw long. Not sure about the newer cam design if it draws long also.

LC
Old 05-13-2017, 07:42 PM

Mine was long as well go shorter by an inch it will feel better....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 05-26-2017, 08:50 PM

Default APA mamba 32

Just thought I would give a update on my recently purchased APA mamba 32.after going 1 inch shorter draw length I can't believe the difference it makes . Totally changed the bow I love how it shoots now I haven't got it dialed in yet but I sure like how there isn't that jumping and creeping forward . I haven't changed the string out yet seems to be ok for now . Thanks for all the tips
Old 05-26-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews z7 View Post
Just thought I would give a update on my recently purchased APA mamba 32.after going 1 inch shorter draw length I can't believe the difference it makes . Totally changed the bow I love how it shoots now I haven't got it dialed in yet but I sure like how there isn't that jumping and creeping forward . I haven't changed the string out yet seems to be ok for now . Thanks for all the tips
How a bow fits you makes all the difference. Don't trust the setting on the bow to be true to DL. Too long a DL is a very common affliction...length does matter

LC
Old 05-27-2017, 10:08 AM

Default M32

I am glad you feel better with the bow.
Over the years I have found that each bow has a sweet spot where the pin just sits there and the bow fits and does not creep and you do not have to pull too hard into the wall. I found that Mathews and Diamond and my APA each have a different sweet spot.
Too many people try to set the bow long to get every fps they can.
Each bow and each mod has its own character. Find where it feels right and the sight pin is the steadiest. Changing mods will help but I also (making sure it is in time) I will add or take out a twist in the cables or string or adjust the length of the D loop to get it just right.
My indoor bow is a half an inch longer that my hunting bows. It just shoots better.
Garry