Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighorn River View Post
Culligan water take and bottle water from creek close to Thompson Creek campground. Does this protect their infrastructure?
“Culligan’s spring water comes from the Kootenay Plains west of
Nordegg,” he says. “It’s a pristine recreation area
without oil or gas exploration and the water is piped down from the source
to waiting tanker trucks.”

Always thought they just sucked it out of the creek.

Grizz
Old 07-22-2017, 04:28 PM

And the door is hardly on the side of a mountain, its 100 yards off the main road in a big clearing, level as hell. Of course it just happens to be the same big clearing the Sasquatch hold their annual jamboree which gives this story a whole new twist. D.H.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Honestly? Same.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Henry View Post
And the door is hardly on the side of a mountain, its 100 yards off the main road in a big clearing, level as hell. Of course it just happens to be the same big clearing the Sasquatch hold their annual jamboree which gives this story a whole new twist. D.H.
Bingo!
Old 07-22-2017, 05:53 PM

Company's name is Beechwood Enterprises. Spring water loading site. Been there about 20 years. Water for Kold brand beer too?
Old 07-22-2017, 06:05 PM

In the old days, Uncle Ben's brewery claimed every drop of the water in their beer came from the Drummond glacier, in Banff National Park. Drummond is one of the sources of the Red Deer river, but a lot of water's gone under the bridge, by the time it gets to Red Deer, the brewery location.

Grizz
Old 07-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Banned

Old 07-22-2017, 07:40 PM

Never saw this door but chatted with a local once that told me a brewery from Calgary is also getting water from the area to brew.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
I always thought they just turned on the tap.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:14 PM

Well the arm belongs to my 9 year old son. Great answers on here, I knew this would be the best place to ask. I was a big Lost fan and I'm watching the 100 with my daughter right now, so I was hoping Desmond was hiding down there, or maybe another entrance to mount weather, but as some smart guy said, who was it, Occham? the most simple answer is usually right. While i was hoping for a more exciting answer, sounds like the water thing is most likely.

At any rate, I will definitely post pics from the inspection camera once we get out there again, and I'll say hi to the person with the raspy voice inside, from everyone on AO!!
Old 07-22-2017, 11:13 PM

When I worked for culligan the guy who trucked the spring water wouldn't tell me where he got it from.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:30 AM
Banned

I had fun with that, I knew someone had to know besides myself. On a serious note to anyone who decides the deep dug out in front of these doors is a good place to set up camp, don't. It is there for a reason and yes there is a fire pit made by someone inside of it.

This whole area is a great place to visit and explore. From Thompson creek there are several hiking trails up the mountain with spectacular views. The second half of the campground also has a hiking trail that leads to a real nice look out point as well. With the creek flowing through the center of the campground Also makes a good place to hang out and enjoy. I like throwing my floaty in and riding the creek for a stretch when I'm hammered.

Just a five minute drive west you can go for a buffet breakfast and grab supplies if needed along with a free sanidump if you purchase fuel.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I had fun with that, I knew someone had to know besides myself. On a serious note to anyone who decides the deep dug out in front of these doors is a good place to set up camp, don't. It is there for a reason and yes there is a fire pit made by someone inside of it.

This whole area is a great place to visit and explore. From Thompson creek there are several hiking trails up the mountain with spectacular views. The second half of the campground also has a hiking trail that leads to a real nice look out point as well. With the creek flowing through the center of the campground Also makes a good place to hang out and enjoy. I like throwing my floaty in and riding the creek for a stretch when I'm hammered.

Just a five minute drive west you can go for a buffet breakfast and grab supplies if needed along with a free sanidump if you purchase fuel.
Well, in line with the water point theme, I am guessing this is an overflow basin to stop water flooding the David Thompson Highway in the event of a malfunction while filling a truck? Makes sense.

Man you guys are smart. I KNEW this was the right place to ask.

Thanks everyone, and I definitely think I'll make a stay at the campground near there, as that stream / floaty thing sounds great. I'm really good at drinking too!

Oh, and as for the blair witch / being alone, well, you're NEVER alone when you're carrying a remington 870! I've been told the Hornady Zombie ammo works on ALL supernatural creatures, not just the ones that eat brains
Old 07-23-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
Shhhhh...That's Canada's version of Cheyenne Mountain

Lol I wonder if one Dr. Rodney McKay worked there
Old 07-23-2017, 09:52 PM

Default Door at Nordeg

Maybe entry point to WMU 999
Old 07-24-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
Maybe entry point to WMU 999