Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-19-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktricker View Post
I said 2 kills but I've guided friends to 25-30
sounds like you have the best private land elk on the planet and a landowner that gives free reign. Few and far between.

now if we are being honest. Archery hunting is difficult no matter where or how you are hunting. Private or public. Each come with their benefits and downside.

Personal enjoyment is one thing, But dont act like you are better then anyone for choosing to hunt public mountain land rather then private.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:01 AM

I hunt elk on private land and have had success, it took me a good 6 years to figure them out...so it sure as heck wasn't a slam dunk. Now I got them figured the rate of success has increased exponentially. No different than hunting public lands...other than access is controlled and I don't have to put up with "traffic" and other folks blowing them out at bad times.

It's no less of a hunt and the time has been put in. All have been killed with a bow, other than a 6x6 I helped my Dad get opening day of his draw with a rifle. The year I had my draw I didn't kill one with a bow or rifle.

LC
Old 07-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The moose View Post
sounds like you have the best private land elk on the planet and a landowner that gives free reign. Few and far between.

now if we are being honest. Archery hunting is difficult no matter where or how you are hunting. Private or public. Each come with their benefits and downside.

Personal enjoyment is one thing, But dont act like you are better then anyone for choosing to hunt public mountain land rather then private.
When did I say I was better then anyone?
Old 07-19-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktricker View Post
When did I say I was better then anyone?
And where did I say you specifically. What im saying is the mentality exists out there. A good friend of mine has this mentality terribly.