Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-21-2017, 08:37 AM

Default Free Stuff

Now we have your attention, I want to comment on the concept , notion at the ranges that this is a free , help yourself place to shoot. Every year people find lost arrows, and keep them. This is stealing. They are not yours, this isn't finders keepers . If you find someone's lost arrow behind a target bring it back to the lost arrow bucket where the person that lost it can pick it up. We are adults and if you can not afford to buy your own arrows give up the sport , don't be a thief.

This now brings up the next part of my rant. The lost arrow bucket is not a free shopping spree. The arrows in the bucket belong to the person that lost them.
They are not there for you to steal, test, or what ever excuse you can come up with to steal arrows.

Obviously there are a lot of shooters with integrity because the buckets get pretty full, from honest people finding lost arrows and turning them in to the lost arrow bucket.

And a bit more ranting, ... The arrows in the lost arrow bucket are not a source for free field points and nocks. Are people realy that cheap that they have to steal the nocks and points from the lost arrow bucket ? Is that truck payment so big you have to steal from other archers to get buy ?

What brought this rant on is finding someone shooting my lost arrows on numerous occasions over the years , and finding the lost arrow bucket full of arrows with nocks missing and points missing.

Yesterday I checked the bucket to see if anything of mine was in there, { no luck, mine are still in the bushes} and from about 3 dozen arrows in the bucket , there were only about 4 or 5arrows that still had nocks on them. Sure some lost arrows end up without a nock from bouncing thru the trees, but not 90% loose their nocks. This is very unacceptable, and there is no excuse for stealing. If you find an arrow, turn it in, or stick it in the ground at the shooting stake for the owner, or someone else to bring back to the lost arrow bucket if it is to hard to bring it in yourself .

If someone will steal 10 cent nocks, what will they do if you leave your truck unlocked ? Will this same person steal the targets from the course ?

Rant over.
It looks like a great day to do some shooting.

Pete

Lets get some honesty back into the sport.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:46 AM

Agree, good karma to those who fill the lost arrow bucket...bad karma to those who empty it.

LC
Old 05-22-2017, 12:17 AM

Why would anyone want to take a chance on a damaged arrow

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 05-22-2017, 07:49 AM

That's brutal Pete,
I hope yours turn up. I confronted a guy while shooting in Ont a few years back at a place called The Wolfs Den.
Said "hey you have one of my arrows (Easton Realtree 340 28.25"), Same flat black and yellow 3" fletch"
Same thing, he said it looked cool and never bothered to drop it in bucket.
A few weeks later I went to shoot it, It was too short
27"
So someone else's arrow or someone else found it and shortened it (is that's possible?).