Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2018, 06:54 PM
Banned

Default Kubota prices?

I’m looking at a Kubota RTV x1100c diesel side by side.
They are about $24,000 or so. One dealer has said $23600 all in over the phone. We are going to go see him tomorrow. Realistically what’s the negotiating room in these things? I’m assuming there’s a fair bit, but not like a domestic truck or something. I got my last truck down from $62000 plus tax to $41000 out the door.
Thank you.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:04 PM

Very little room on something like that. 10% at the absolute best, on the dealer side. Manufacture may have some rebates, but those will be well advertised.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale7637 View Post
Very little room on something like that. 10% at the absolute best, on the dealer side. Manufacture may have some rebates, but those will be well advertised.
10% is pretty good. $2400 off wouldn’t be bad. That covers half the cost of the snow plow for it.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:16 PM

Old 10-19-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchiespg View Post
10% is pretty good. $2400 off wouldn’t be bad. That covers half the cost of the snow plow for it.
Like I said, absolute best.
At 23,600, gst in; I would think it doesn’t get better.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:49 PM

I priced these out six weeks ago but got a few quotes I think i could dig up. Private message me your email and I can see about forwarding them.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
I priced these out six weeks ago but got a few quotes I think i could dig up. Private message me your email and I can see about forwarding them.
Thank you. Pm incoming.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:20 AM

Check out Kioti side by side diesels
Old 10-20-2018, 09:21 AM

The new ones are actually cheaper here in Canada than in the States, they sell for about $22,000 U.S., so we are about 30% cheaper.

One thing I can tell you for sure is the side by sides take a tremendous hit in value as soon as they are used. You can buy two or three year old ones with less than 5000 Klm for 8 to 11 thousand. Some of them look factory new. Might want to check that out as lots come with blades, blowers, fully heated cabs etc.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
The new ones are actually cheaper here in Canada than in the States, they sell for about $22,000 U.S., so we are about 30% cheaper.

One thing I can tell you for sure is the side by sides take a tremendous hit in value as soon as they are used. You can buy two or three year old ones with less than 5000 Klm for 8 to 11 thousand. Some of them look factory new. Might want to check that out as lots come with blades, blowers, fully heated cabs etc.
Not for Kubota diesel ones. Cheapest I’ve seen is about $13k for 10 year old ones. The only used nearly new ones in Alberta right now are in the $20+ range.
Gas ones do drop massively in price.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Not for Kubota diesel ones. Cheapest I’ve seen is about $13k for 10 year old ones. The only used nearly new ones in Alberta right now are in the $20+ range.
Gas ones do drop massively in price.
Strictly up to you but there are lots for sale in Alberta used. Kijji Calgary, just picked off the first diesel on the list, there are over a dozen in the prarie provinces.

2013 kubota rtv 1100
$12,500.00
Posted about 24 hours ago
Okotoks, AB T1S0L1(View Map)
Favourite
+2
MakeKubota
Modelrtv 1100
ColourOrange
Kilometers5,029
Year2013
Description
This utility vehicle with a factory-installed climate-controlled cab, keep you out of the rain, snow, bugs, humidity, mud, dirt, extreme heat, and bitter cold. Rear: Semi-independent, DeDion axle, leaf springs, shock absorbers . Added accessories are back window shield ,rear work light, and factory sprayed box liner.
Cargo box load capacity (lb): 1,102
Towing capacity (lb): 1,300
This tough unit would make a great hunting rig or a cabin work horse it’s ready to work!
Hrs 5029 but has had all the maintenance done by the book.
NO TRADES

44 visits
Old 10-20-2018, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Strictly up to you but there are lots for sale in Alberta used. Kijji Calgary, just picked off the first diesel on the list, there are over a dozen in the prarie provinces.

2013 kubota rtv 1100
$12,500.00
Posted about 24 hours ago
Okotoks, AB T1S0L1(View Map)
Favourite
+2
MakeKubota
Modelrtv 1100
ColourOrange
Kilometers5,029
Year2013
Description
This utility vehicle with a factory-installed climate-controlled cab, keep you out of the rain, snow, bugs, humidity, mud, dirt, extreme heat, and bitter cold. Rear: Semi-independent, DeDion axle, leaf springs, shock absorbers . Added accessories are back window shield ,rear work light, and factory sprayed box liner.
Cargo box load capacity (lb): 1,102
Towing capacity (lb): 1,300
This tough unit would make a great hunting rig or a cabin work horse it’s ready to work!
Hrs 5029 but has had all the maintenance done by the book.
NO TRADES

44 visits
Yep. Over 5000 hours. In other words HEAVYILY used. And still $12.5k. And that’s for a pre 2014 model which no one wants. Too many problems.
I’ve looked at everyone on Kijiji and called all dealers. They’re either old and well used, or basically the same as a new price. So nothing like the $8-11k you mentioned.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Yep. Over 5000 hours. In other words HEAVYILY used. And still $12.5k. And that’s for a pre 2014 model which no one wants. Too many problems.
I’ve looked at everyone on Kijiji and called all dealers. They’re either old and well used, or basically the same as a new price. So nothing like the $8-11k you mentioned.
Sorry, I thought it was 5000 Klms based on top part of ad, which would be less than 800 hours, didn't read far enough down.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:14 AM

Default Why Kubota?

Are you stuck on a Kubota? Used one at work and was far from impressed. Poor ground clearance and limited power... just my experience
Old 10-22-2018, 09:57 AM

I agree, are you sure you really want a Kubota? I had an X1120D. Motor melted down a day after warranty ended. Kubota said sorry, not their problem. Which is fine I guess. Cost was $4000 to repair, just the basics. Dealer said proper repair was $7000. Did the bare minimum repair to get it running and tried trading for a Ranger or Defender. Nobody would touch the Kubota, said they couldn’t sell it. So I traded it in on another X1120D. These things are basically heavy golf carts in my opinion. Too heavy for the farm, leave ruts everywhere. Yes I know they are utilitarian, but I have 1700ac and it takes a long time to get around, in sub par comfort. And everything shakes, squeaks, and rattles. Not impressed. Wouldn’t pay over $20,000 for any brand side by side.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I agree, are you sure you really want a Kubota? I had an X1120D. Motor melted down a day after warranty ended. Kubota said sorry, not their problem. Which is fine I guess. Cost was $4000 to repair, just the basics. Dealer said proper repair was $7000. Did the bare minimum repair to get it running and tried trading for a Ranger or Defender. Nobody would touch the Kubota, said they couldn’t sell it. So I traded it in on another X1120D. These things are basically heavy golf carts in my opinion. Too heavy for the farm, leave ruts everywhere. Yes I know they are utilitarian, but I have 1700ac and it takes a long time to get around, in sub par comfort. And everything shakes, squeaks, and rattles. Not impressed. Wouldn’t pay over $20,000 for any brand side by side.
While I agree with you this OP doesn't seem real open to advice. I tried to tell him the resale on these units suck, he just basically told me I am full of it, though I admit the example I provided wasn't the best choice. Decided against trying to help further or prove my point as the rebuff was pretty aggressive. Maybe you guys will get through but I doubt it.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
While I agree with you this OP doesn't seem real open to advice. I tried to tell him the resale on these units suck, he just basically told me I am full of it, though I admit the example I provided wasn't the best choice. Decided against trying to help further or prove my point as the rebuff was pretty aggressive. Maybe you guys will get through but I doubt it.
Your point was valid for the likes of ranger side by sides. But Kubota resale certainly doesn’t suck.
As you highlighted above a 8 year old one with 5000 hours is $12.5k.
We are looking at a brand new one for a hair over $20k right now.

There isn’t a used one for sale in western Canada that I can see for a good price. Even the ones that century downs race track have just traded in after 3 years are going for $19k. And they’re in rough shape. So $2-3k depreciation over 3 years is hardly bad.

So I’m open to advice. But not when it contradicts reality.

And the other points are noted. But to give perspective it’s between this and a tractor. So speed isn’t a concern. A gas side by side is certainly faster, but doesn’t have the torque to do the jobs we want it for.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:27 AM

Just be careful Crunchie, you are seeing what we see all the time in Alberta, people trying to and thinking they can get back everything they paid for something they used for years. There may be 3 year old units listed for $19,000 but I would bet in 6 months and a year later at that price they will still be listed for sale.
Wishful thinking.
Also- the trade in units for $19,000- likely the dealer acting like a car dealer, have to make $5000 on every single vehicle they sell. Crazy.
They paid them $22,000 3 years ago, the dealer made $3500, then gave them $14,000 on trade and then back on sale for $19,000 lol what a racket.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-22-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Your point was valid for the likes of ranger side by sides. But Kubota resale certainly doesn’t suck.

There isn’t a used one for sale in western Canada that I can see for a good price. Even the ones that century downs race track have just traded in after 3 years are going for $19k. And they’re in rough shape. So $2-3k depreciation over 3 years is hardly bad.

And the other points are noted. But to give perspective it’s between this and a tractor. So speed isn’t a concern. A gas side by side is certainly faster, but doesn’t have the torque to do the jobs we want it for.

If it is between an RTV and a tractor, honestly get the tractor. A compact utility tractor with a loader and three point hitch is very versatile. Having a loader is as good or better than having a dumping bucket in the RTV. Add in all the 3pt attachments and you have a handy machine.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:54 AM

Talking

If prices on used are that good, I should be able to sell my 2014 JD 2032r with 101 hours, front end loader, midmount mower, 655 rototiller and weight box for about $25,000.00!!!

lol

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-22-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:

I would lean towards a Gator or a small utility tractor then. The speed wasnt a concern, the one I was in had a hydro static drive, extremely uncomfortable ride and got hung up on everything.

Ive also used a Gator and found them to be far superior. Lots of used options out there as well.

Whatre you looking at using it for?
Old 10-22-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
If prices on used are that good, I should be able to sell my 2014 JD 2032r with 101 hours, front end loader, midmount mower, 655 rototiller and weight box for about $25,000.00!!!

lol
You may lol Ken, but I'm thinking that unit of yours is like new. If so, figure in price increases over the past four years, drop the GST and I don't think you're too far off the mark for resale on that little JD!