Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 05-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Cabot

Default NAFA...Coyotes and others

Just out of curiosity, how did you guys do at the auction?

Some of my foxes and beavers were bought back, not too many though, but enough do leave me short a few $$$.

Critter???

bushmaster???

Cabot.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:11 PM
aka bushmaster

Prices were TERRIBLE !! I'm still cryin' my eyes out.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Cabot

I know how you feel bushmaster.

So much for the predicted boom a lot of people talked about. Oh well! I guess I'll be sending my stuff at the February sell instead, and see how that goes.

Good luck to you next season.

Cabot.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:19 AM
aka bushmaster

I don't even care about a boom, but was almost sure that prices would hold....they always have. These are the worst prices I have ever gotten. And I've never understood why the sales are right in the middle of the season, when we're busy collecting the fur, not having all the time required for put up and shipping etc.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:14 AM
critter

Hey guys, yeah we were looking forward to our results when we came back from our fishing trip awile ago and were surprised just like you. I beleive we sold acouple coyotes for 38 $$, no foxes, and all the others did not sell, so well have to wait until there carried over to the next auction. I hope those were the worst ones, and the other 100 we have still to sell will be worth more $. I sure do hope things get better with prices at NAFA, because although its a great hobby, lots of fun, its alot of work for the results we are recieving. But hey, at least i still have one thing to look forward to from this coyote season. In the fall, we'll be picking up our wolf rugs!!

Cheers!

critter
Old 06-12-2006, 03:41 PM
critter

Default coyotes NAFA

the web site had it all wrong. We recieved a cheque for 3 grand the other day and we still have quite a few coyotes and foxes to sell. Prices werent amazing, but we did sell and they were reasonable.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:20 PM
ruger300

Default Re: coyotes NAFA

Glad to hear that you're happy with the sale critter. I got my fur cheque in the mail last weekend and netted $805.60 for 24 yotes and 2 unsold. Top dog was $73.59, with a few round the $60 mark, 5 round the $50 mark, and the rest averaging round the $40 with a few under $10, those were the close ranges with the 22-250 that I sewed up and tried to make pretty, LOL. All were sized xl-lge with the color of dk-dbr. I'm pleased with the prices I got, it more than paid for my new H&R Ultra Varmint .204 rifle and partly covered the costs of the nikon 6-18 buckmaster scope that sits on top of it. Hey, like ya say, its a hobby I enjoy doing and if I get paid for it at the end of it all, even better. Can't wait till next season.

ruger300

"Hunt hard, Kill clean, Apoligize to no one."
Old 06-16-2006, 09:25 PM
critter

Default NAFA prices

Good to hear your success at the sale ruger... Ya we got a few around the 70-80 mark, with average close to you. One for about 1.04$. Yes, i know, there were a few that should not have made it. LOL, a few sew jobs as well lol. cant remember if i ever posted a year end pic here, if u would like one, i will. Cant wait till next season, and the other cheque still to come for some in this sale

Cheers everyone!!

critter
Old 09-13-2006, 08:36 AM
gopherslayer

Default Re: NAFA prices

Hey guys....when is the fur good (month/time of year) to start hunting coyotes?? [/noob] :\
Old 10-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Cabot

Default Re: NAFA prices

Gopherslayer,

Last week, a friend of mine brought me a coyote to process because it's his first one with a bow. It was a female pup which weighed no more than 12 lbs. The leather was still very blue and I live in Northern AB. Usually, for myself, I'm safe around the 1st of November on.

Cabot.