Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-31-2011, 10:51 PM

Default Anchor Sight Installed

Well I got my Anchor Site installed on the bow. Took me about 20mins to set up, works awesome. I have no-peeps on my other bows and thought I would give this a try. Works like a dream. Way better to get this than investing in a IQ sight IMHO.

Lefty
Old 04-01-2011, 05:53 AM

Looks to be similar to a no-peep.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wctbowtech View Post
Looks to be similar to a no-peep.
Yah it is pretty much the same thing. No-peeps are nearly impossible to get now. It is a little bit bigger, glows in the dark, but the fine adjustments are better than the no-peep. By the way the bow in the pics should look familiar to you...

Lefty
Old 04-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Banned

i use it too

last season was first season with it and i will be going again with it this year, i hate peeps

i knew what to expect as i'd used the no-peep before also, this is head and shoulders above the no-peep, its what the no-peep should have been to start

anchor sight rocks, and imo should be on every hunting bow, target stuff who cares what you use, you got all day....there are so many advantages to hunting that i can't start to list them right now

all i have to say is take a look and give them a try, pretty sure they have a money back guarantee....take them up on it, try one without prejudice and see if you send it back for your money back

they are here to stay and as soon as the older generation of bowhunters sticking to what they know works isn't in the loop i could see these things taking over and replacing the peep for majority at some point in my life
Old 04-01-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Yah it is pretty much the same thing. No-peeps are nearly impossible to get now. It is a little bit bigger, glows in the dark, but the fine adjustments are better than the no-peep. By the way the bow in the pics should look familiar to you...

Lefty
Yea, Paul's old slow (LOL) High Country.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wctbowtech View Post
Yea, Paul's old slow (LOL) High Country.
HA HA....I haven't put it through the chrony yet.....but I should, it seems pretty decent. Tell him I could pretty much pick up any of his bows and shoot em, we have pretty much identical draw lengths and anchor points, I barely had to move the sight around to shoot this one. Thanks for the tips on the Wainwright hunt this year too, I didn't see anything in there worth connecting on but it was good to have a run down before I went in there. Norm and I are probably gonna hit the Drayton gun show this weekend.

Lefty
Old 04-01-2011, 10:45 PM

Default Anchor sight

I'm wondering, how does it work? Never heard of this one. I've been thinking of a hind sight, but I'm open to this if out works better. Do you just center the circle, and that means your not torquing the bow? Where did you get it and $?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:41 PM

It is more of a sight alignment tool/additional anchor.

So basically you use it as a reference point, so when you are at full draw. You glance at the anchor sight and ensure the black dot is in the red circle. If you don't have them lined up you are torquing or not at your correct anchor.

The way in which I mounted mine it is in the same peripheral view as my pins...so I can look at my target, pin, and anchor sight in the same "window" so to speak.

Benefit to this is, you don't need a peep sight! There is one less thing on your string that can fall off or mess up. You also get a little bit more hunting time in cause sometimes it seems like the peep drowns out your pins in low light, also this thing glows in the dark (not really sure the added benefit of that though, maybe just more visible in low light)

The way I set mine up is first install a peep and get used to an anchor point. Then you can set it yourself or have a buddy give you a hand but hold your anchor like you would with a peep, and align the anchor sight so the dot is in the circle. Once you get it set, lock down all the adjustments and then remove your peep off the string.

So now with it aligned and installed when you shoot, you come to full draw, put your pin on the target, and glance to the anchor sight and if its all lined up, if it isn't adjust and release....simple as that. You can see by the photos how it looks somewhat aligned. It takes some getting used to but once you got it it will help your form....assuming you have decent form to begin with. It really helps maintain "consistant" form.

I don't want to sound like a sales pitch but I have this or a device called a No-Peep (this is a patent that was bought by the company that makes the IQ sight, the IQ sight has a No-Peep installed in it....) on all my bows. The anchor sight and the No-Peep work in the same way. I just find the anchor sight a little easier to fine tune.

I personally don't like the IQ sight....with an anchor sight or a no-peep you use it with any sight you want...spot hogg, matrix, etc....

If you search "anchor sight" or "archery innovations" you can find out more info. They do ship to Canada as well. 2 models one is plastic the other (one I have) is aluminum, price difference between the 2.

Lefty

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 04-01-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:54 AM

I used the anchor sight for two seasons now. Only complaint is fogging up on wet soaked days.

It's just outstanding for keeping consistent form in all light/weather conditions.

I'll never go back to a peep.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Banned

and with some use you get quite fast to shot release and that speed doesn't change in lowlight or crap conditions...it really is awesome for 'hunting'! every bow'hunter' should give one a fair shake....game changer imo
Old 04-02-2011, 04:06 PM

Ill have to keep an eye on the fogging up thing, good to know. I just put mine on so I haven't "field tested" it yet. Just shot it at the range indoors until this damn snow is gone.

Lefty
Old 04-02-2011, 07:25 PM

I have never used a peep. Compound bow with sights and consistent anchor, I've never found a peep beneficial.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
I have never used a peep. Compound bow with sights and consistent anchor, I've never found a peep beneficial.
Yah thats what this thing does, no peep sight, no kisser button, just another consistant reference/anchor point.

Don't get me wrong it isn't a substitute for bad form, there is a big assumption made that when ever you set it up is correct using best form while setting up. What it does do is maintain consistency.

Lefty
Old 04-03-2011, 03:45 PM

oops wrong post...

Old 04-03-2011, 07:55 PM

When shooting without a peep is your line of sight on the inside or outside of your string?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 PM

I shoot my bow with both eyes open, so the string isn't an issue. If I close my right eye my left is on the inside of my string. So for a right-handed shooter it would likely be the other way around. This will all depend on your form and other anchor points though.

Lefty
Old 04-03-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
X2

I use a kisser button and the tip of my nose for anchor points and I have never seen the requirement for a peep sight.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Another benefit to the anchor sight is if you hunt from a tree-stand, it also helps you maintain the same anchor points. Shooting up or down at great angles can change where your anchors are. This helps maintain those same points as though you are "flat land" shooting.

Seems like they are catching on was shooting indoors @ SPAL today and another AO member was there, he had an anchor sight as well.

There is a local supplier of them if anyone is interested can get them @ Swamp Donkey, not sure the price.

Lefty
Old 04-07-2012, 11:13 PM

Bump for a gadget that is pure awesome

For those who want to see what they look like installed.

LC
Old 04-08-2012, 07:34 PM

Wait until you draw back one day to your normal anchor point and the alignment on the Anchor Sight is off.... You'll question why the heck that is until you release and shoot either high or low... A second shot will confirm the same thing; your strings are stretching and will move constantly...

That's how the No-peep showed me my strings were failing. And my buddy. When I had my strings replaced, the tech told me that I probably only had another 50-100 shots before the whole string snapped...

My guess is that no string mounted peep would show this sort of event upcoming....

J.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Banned

going into season 3 with mine, no plans on ever ditching it, only for a new/improved version but thats about it...otherwise currently pondering, and likely will do, a custom mount bracket off inside of sight bracket so going from bow to bow its more simple and less stuff(thickness) bolted to the riser...season two was a success also, long kills at 47 and 64, and season one having a kills at 40 and 65 for the long ones....

anyhow, not looking back, great for hunting!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:59 PM

will it work with a 7 pin sght?, just wondering cause the ads ive seen for them have a single pin with the rest pushed to the bottem, hope that makes sense
Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
will it work with a 7 pin sght?, just wondering cause the ads ive seen for them have a single pin with the rest pushed to the bottem, hope that makes sense
It works with any sight.....I use it with a 5 pin Trophy Ridge sight from 0-60 yards. I prefer to have it mounted under the "sight window" but still in my peripheral view so I can glance down to see it without moving my head.

Keep in mind it is an anchor, alignment and form aid....not a scope, so you look at it not through it...if that makes sense.

LC
Old 04-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
i have 6 pins, and my anchor sight is mounted over the sight housing, but well back of it. im not sure this guy chose the right name for his product as its not a sight at all. it does the same job a peep does, but does not restrict light at critical dawn and dusk hunting times. it also guarantees that you dont torque your bow. i dont think i see a real big advantage for target guys, but for hunters....DEFINITELY!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Banned

works with any sight, 8 pins, 10 pins...i have 7 and 8 pin sights, you mount it above or below sight bracket to your preference
Old 03-02-2013, 04:26 PM

Any one use this system with prescription glass
Old 03-02-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papiduc View Post
Any one use this system with prescription glass
If you mean does anyone wear glasses and use it....yes I do.

LC
Old 03-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Banned

funny to see the old thread, now gonna head into season 4 with it, no long kills with it this past year though, a couple deer at 25 and 30 yards, arrows flew to thought, finally got it mounted to the sight bracket though ha ha, been thinkin about it for awhile, just had to do it to the ultimate sight i guess, the 7 pin spot hogg with first four pins in .019 and the last three in .010 and all pins green except the middle one red (50yrd pin is red), just my prefered set up of pins/colors been running for awhile on couple sights but the spot hogg will stick around so i mounted it to that one
Old 03-02-2013, 09:39 PM

I might be missing something but how is this any better than a kisser button.I always know I have a correct anchor with it.Neil from Lost Arrow set me up this way without a peep and I found it really hard to get used to without the peep sight.So had him put a peep on and I found I didnt really need it so got rid of peep and am just shooting with the kisser button and am having no problem with a 3'group at 75 yards,Thanks again Neil,loving the Helim
Old 03-02-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70chevy View Post
I might be missing something but how is this any better than a kisser button.I always know I have a correct anchor with it.Neil from Lost Arrow set me up this way without a peep and I found it really hard to get used to without the peep sight.So had him put a peep on and I found I didnt really need it so got rid of peep and am just shooting with the kisser button and am having no problem with a 3'group at 75 yards,Thanks again Neil,loving the Helim
A kisser button does not tell you if you are torquing your bow....an anchor site/no peep does. I shoot with out a kisser or a peep.

LC