Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-28-2011, 09:02 PM

Default Novice Hunter

I couldn't edit the above Post so I'm going to type a new one.

Hey everybody. I'm Myles.I'm 23 years old and i'm from Leduc. I've just starting to hunting this past fall and i'm looking to find some new hunting partners. I'm looking to get out with some experienced hunters this year, even if it's to tag along and just be shown the ropes. I'm looking to expand my skills this year. Learn more about the animals that i'd be hunting, learn about the ways to process the meat and store it, things I need to go on long hunts and basically how to hunt. I'm looking to become a more knowledgeable hunter and fast. I have only rifle hunted and own my own 30_06 Browning A-bolt. I will soon be buying a shotgun for hunting birds. Maybe I can get a few suggestions. I'm looking to learn/hunt moose, elk, deer, cougar, pheasant(especially) and geese. I'm not up for drinking/drugs while out on a hunt. So if you can help a guy out and show him the ropes it would be appreciated.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:51 AM

Default archery elk and moose hunting partner

Hi: I am 58 years old and physically fit. I have been hunting with a bow for over 30 years. I have taken elk, moose, whitetail, caribou and black bear. My regular hunting partners have one by one given up on bow hunting because of age issues. I am looking for a hunting partner for this fall. I like to hunt elk for 5-7 days in early September and moose for about the same time in early October. I have a good hunting area northwest of Edmonton. I have considerable experiece in calling elk and moose. I have a camp based on a camperized construction trailer including a wood stove. The camp is basically completely provisioned and all that is required to go is groceries. I am a nonsmoker and basically a non drinker. I looking for someone with their own truck and quad. Experience is not really necessary but I would want who ever I go with to be physically fit enough to walk 2-3 kilometers and lift a hind quarter and not be intimidated being alone for periods of time in the bush. Let me know if you are interested and we will talk on the phone to see if we are compatable.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:59 AM

Default Hunting Mentor

Hello all, I have been hunting for the last 5 years and I LOVE IT. I have my own bow and I will soon have my own muzzle loader. I want to buy a shotgun next. I am looking for a hunting partner that can share their knowledge and time. Over the last 5 years I have had a few friends show me lots however they are more advanced than I am. I am not confident to venture out on my own just yet. I 999 all my tags this year so all I can do now is white deer around Edmonton. Please let me now if you would like to be a hunting Mentor!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Edmonton_bow_hunter

Default Hunting partner.

Hi my name is Jason. I'm 30 yrs old. I live in Edmonton. I've been hunting since I was 12 with rifle. I've taken Many deer a couple moose and one black bear. 3 yrs ago I picked up the bow. I have a mission X5 and am proficiant with it out to 50 yds. I can hit a foam golf ball at 40 yds 3 of 4 times. I also have a lock on tree stand, and a simple one man ground blind. My in laws have a farm out by Wabamun lake with 160 acres mostly alfala with a fairly large wooded area in the middle. However they allow a few of the neighbors to drive their quads around through the trails in the woods so the deer are always very skittish. none of the guys I rifle hunt with, around Nojack area are archery hunters and I'm tired of hunting deer that are pushed around all year long. Due to my job I'm only able to hunt weekends during archery season. (might be able to take an extended weekend) I 999'd all my draws this year as I had a bull moose and mule deer buck draws last year and cow elk the year before. so this year I'll be hunting Whities. anyone looking for a partner for archery hunting this season? shoot me a message j.leclairknives@hotmail.ca
Old 08-02-2011, 04:07 PM

Jim here. I currently live in Fort McMurray, but I am origianlly from B.C. I have spent all my life hunting, fishing and camping. I have a truck and all the gear I need, just need someone to go with who knows where to go. I got drawn for bull moose in the Wandering River area this year so I am sure I will be spending some time camping there. I would love to go after some mallards this year as I only got out once last year with no success. Anyone wanting to car pool or meet up somewhere between Fort McMurray and Edmonton send me a PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:19 PM

Hello
I'm Adam, 36 yr old guy in Calgary. I've been hunting quite a few yrs for Whiitetail, but just got into Bow hunting this year, going out to practise today actually. I'm hoping on getting out in the early season for Elk and Moose with the bow. I've hunted them for a few yrs now with the rifle, love to take one with the sharpstick.

give me a write if ya'd like to head out in early Sept, I'd love to head out back in the foothills for some Elk with the Bow. Also thinking of some Moose hunting later in Sept. in the gen season with the Bow.

Adam musclejointman@hotmail.com

Last edited by foothillzman; 08-07-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:37 PM

Thumbs up

Cant wait for hunting season

Last edited by Badgoodguy; 08-07-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi962 View Post
Are you new to hunting? or do you want to join a small rifle hunting group?

We are looking for 1-3 guys physically fit (between 25-35, like us) who are dedicated enthusiastic hunters to join our group. our group currently consists of fathers/sons but the dads are too far over the hill and can no longer hunt aggressively anymore.
I know there is always a lot of talk out there about how awesome some guys think they are, we are not the best but we have valuable experience, amazing hunting/shooting skills, and the animals to prove it!
we are farmers ourselves so we have ties with other farmers as well, so our hunting land base is massive.
we are willing to train you to hunt if you don't have the skills. we hunt everything except mtn goats and cats. someone with sheep skills would be awesome, as we have never hunted them, but would like to. (we mainly focus on Elk, Moose, Deer, Geese, Coyotes). we have all our own processing equipment so all our meat is clean, cut, and wrapped to a high standard with no cost, but you have to be willing to help out.

we drink socially, no drugs, and are looking for someone like minded, as we like to joke around a lot and make hunting an awesome experience! no guides or guys that can't keep a secret allowed.

send me a PM if you're game!

Sill looking for One more guy...
Old 08-08-2011, 07:29 PM

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone would be interested in taking a novice hunter out this season.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:03 AM

Default Antlered Moose

Drawn in WMU 531 - no rifle, no automobile and would rely heavy on partner with loads of experience. Prepare to share cost and off course you could keep my kill and trophy, as long as I can fire the shot and have a picture. My wife will probably tag along, so at least your guaranteed a prepared meal.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:11 AM

I (37 y/o male Caucasian) am based in Fort McMurray so let me know if interested - would like to be shown the ropes on Alberta soil as my experience is limited to Africa. At this point: no rifle or automobile just desire to join well crafted small group. My trophy and meat would be distributed to the group. Drawn in WMU 531 - antlered moose and eager to get started;

Old 08-09-2011, 11:19 AM

jimmy I am now in fort mac but no experience and drawn for moose in WMU 531 - and do not know areas but if you look for soneone to accompany you and to share let me know - mallard requires drawn licence?

Old 08-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned

Wow this sounds like a dating site lol. I live in Smith, just south of Slave Lake. Ive been guiding almost ten years now, this year im planning on doing lots of hunting myself and little to no working. I hunt primarily with my bow but Ive been known to sneak the thunderstick out from time to time.

As much as I like introducing new hunters to the sport, Im looking for another experienced hunter to team up on moose and elk. I have excellent spots for both close to home. Im lookin for a guy who can handle a full day of walking, and is able to call both Elk and Moose well. Fine if yer from the city, ive got room for you to stay at my place.

Opening day is comin quick.... 2 weeks
Old 08-16-2011, 08:29 PM

Default Looking fo someone with water fowlexperence

hey,

my names connor. im an eighteen year old athlete thats fresh out of highschool so phytsical anything isnt a problem for me. im looking for someone to show me the ropes in huting waterfowl... Ive been hunting since ive been able to walk, and i know a decent amount about bow hunting and such but my grandpa has never been able to teach me how to properly hunt waterfowl. i mean sure ive gone out a few times with my buddies and im pretty good with my shotgun but to be honest i have no clue how to set up for a good freezer filling hunting experience. I have both duck and geese decoys along with calls, and other thigs.... i just need the knowledge. So if you live around the lethbridge area and want a huntin partner p.m. me
Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 PM

Default Couple looking for another couple

Hi there my wife and I would like to meet another couple who both enjoys the outdoors as much as us.We are in our late twenties have to young boys we are both country raised don't smoke or do drugs socially drink both have great sense of humor. We both enjoy hunting very much archery and rifle we are not scared of a ton of walking and packing meat out on our backs as she was right there eight months pregnant helping pack out two bull elk just me and her. We would like to me another couple who are similar to us who might want to join us this season, and who knows might turn into a friendship. We also enjoy fishing and winter trapping. We live in wmu 336 west of Edmonton.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehatter View Post
Drawn in WMU 531 - no rifle, no automobile and would rely heavy on partner with loads of experience. Prepare to share cost and off course you could keep my kill and trophy, as long as I can fire the shot and have a picture. My wife will probably tag along, so at least your guaranteed a prepared meal.

Are you kidding me!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:08 PM

Default wtf whitehatter

...wtf? i dnt even knowwhere to begin... just wtf. starting at your name and ending at your willingness to kill an animal and not keep any of it... wtf? like why even bother hunting if your not going to keep your kill... that kind of mickey mouse bull**** is best left in africa.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:

oh wow... You have to be joking.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar197 View Post
I'm located in Edmonton. I have been hunting big game for twenty years, almost exclusively in Saskatchewan. I am wanting to go White Tail hunting (with Rifle) this fall in the Edmonton area (within say a 3 hour radius). Please contact me if anyone is interested in hunting for White Tails in this particular area.
I would love to go hunting with you to see some new places. I only live out in thorsby not far from edmonton. I would only beable to go on the week-end I work up in fort mcmurray ten days on and four off let me know what you think.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken View Post
Hi Guys,
it will be my first season in Alberta.
I'm located in Cochrane. I am wanting to go Mule deer and White Tail hunting (Rifle) this fall in WMU 406 (got drawn). Please contact me if anyone is interested in hunting together for deers in this particular area. I got also drawn for Mulie doe in 232...
Cheers
Markus
I wolud like to go hunting with you for mule deer do you need to put in for a draw in 406 I got a new rifle I would love to take out this fall I live in thorsby. I would drive anywhere to hunt let me PM me back. Thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 12:40 PM

Looking for a partner in the Fort Sask. area...i have hunted in the Whitecourt/Drayton Valley area.I would love to hook up with a person who has private land for couple reasons.
-Safety
-Install stand/camera and hope they don't get ripped off

I am however game to go on crown land.I don't know any area really well so i up for anything.If i can hunt closer to Fort Sask area like Redwater,Bruderheim that would be awesome..Let me know via PM and we can always hook up in person,and talk...Thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 08:07 AM

Default Upland Hunting

Looking for a seasoned upland hunter with or without close working dog .

I like to hunt all upland during the week....Have hunted all over North America....Am in Okotks but will drive or meet up .....No booze , drugs
etc....Beta Blockers OK ....W101
Old 08-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinfool View Post
Hi there my wife and I would like to meet another couple who both enjoys the outdoors as much as us.We are in our late twenties have to young boys we are both country raised don't smoke or do drugs socially drink both have great sense of humor. We both enjoy hunting very much archery and rifle we are not scared of a ton of walking and packing meat out on our backs as she was right there eight months pregnant helping pack out two bull elk just me and her. We would like to me another couple who are similar to us who might want to join us this season, and who knows might turn into a friendship. We also enjoy fishing and winter trapping. We live in wmu 336 west of Edmonton.
My wife and I hunt together alot too and are looking for a couple to join us. Throw me a text. 780 843 5338
Old 08-21-2011, 07:31 PM

Default New to hunting

Hello, im from Northern Edmonton (I live on the Base)... im looking to bowhunt Whitetails this fall, i have been wanting to hunt all my life and finally decided this was that year. Im bow hunting, I have all my bow gear needed, most of the camoflage i need, and working on a tree stand, what i need is a knowledgable partner or even jsut advice on where is a good spot to hunt within a few hours of Edmonton. Was looking at the area north of Willmore Park (WMU 444 and maybe 442) but found way to many people in the area on a first scouting trip this weekend. Let me know if you have good advice on bow hunting locations or want a partner to tag along ( ideally set a few tree stands up or try to use each other to flush deer to to a stand)

Im not opposed to camping out, actualy i prefer it, looking for weekends trips prety much until i get something this fall...

i have a truck and lots of gas

perticulars:

Ryan
North Edmonton resident
hunting White Tail
cell # 780-318-8288... usally i dont answer phone, best to leave a text or a voice mail

or PM / email me
Old 08-21-2011, 08:17 PM

Hey, i am 23, live in the west end of edmonton and i need a hunting partner, i work 4 on 4 of (in edmonton) and have lots of time off, i have my own compound bow and lots of rifles/shot guns

i am looking for someone who is new to hunting or experienced i am new my self but it doesn't matter to me. i would like to hunt white tail/ mule/elk/moose pretty well anything. it would be nice to hunt somewhere not to far from edmonton area (2-3 hours ) day trips are fine by me so are multiple days depending on my schedule

i would like to go out aug 25 and maybe 26'th for bow if anyone is interested let me know email is nmn_13@hotmail.com,
Old 08-21-2011, 09:35 PM

HI ,i am 51 yrs old and in good shape i am looking for someone that has some exp calling elk as i have been bowhunting for the last 3yrs alone .i also have my oun land 150acres and cabin in some great country out nwest .i have been a big game guide for over 20yrs and have lots of gear but noone to bowhunt with ,dont care about age but should have quad and a good att ,i am looking at going next week as i have a few weeks off ,i dont smoke but like a few beers after if interisted please call thanks.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Banned

New Albertan(since June),from NB,hoping to kill my 1st ever elk and muley this fall?30+ years extensive hunting experience back east,licenced guide(NB),flyfishing trout/salmon bum,WT fanatic,moose,black bear,upland,waterfowl,pred calling,bird dogs/coon & cat hounds,20 yrs trapping.....mostly bowhunt and trad muzzleloader these days?Planning to bowhunt K-country mid-september for elk/moose/muley,need advice on best elk calls,good instructional video maybe??Possibly like-minded partner for 5-6 day bowhunt,you talk elk,I'll talk moose,lol?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:06 PM

TRY THE ROCKY JACOBSON SERIS OF DVD AND CD S FOR ELK .can get them at most archery shops.good luck
Old 08-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

thanx Whelen....get that at Bass Pro?Calgary archery center?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I (37 y/o male Caucasian) am based in Fort McMurray so let me know if interested - would like to be shown the ropes on Alberta soil as my experience is limited to Africa. At this point: no rifle or automobile just desire to join well crafted small group. My trophy and meat would be distributed to the group. Drawn in WMU 531 - antlered moose and eager to get started;

DISGUSTING, get off this site before you're tossed out. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.