Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2017, 07:19 PM
Banned

Default Anyone else getting harassed by the goberment?

So the story goes, I am a special one chosen by stat Canada to prey upon once a month for the next six months. Where I work, how much my family makes, my hours etc...etc.

Apparently I got an envilope in the mail stating they were coming for me. I don’t check my mail, bank account nor do I pay attention to what day it even is. It works well for me😁

On my way home a couple of weeks ago I noticed a vehicle waiting around the corner, didn’t think much of it. Pulled into my garage and proceeded to enter my sanctuary as some lady comes running up. I smiled and hit the garage door button. Bang on the door a few times as I’m getting my gear off I figured I would open the door. Oh she wanted in! I politely said I don’t allow goberment officials into my sanctuary without a warrant. So I said give my wife a call in two hours and she will help you out

So...I notice she called again and left a message on the house answering machine. My wife is away this eve, I know if I pick up the phone I’m going to feed her a whole lot of BS.

So my question to the tread at hand is... if I tell her to stick it up her tail pipe and bugger off. How much trouble could I get in ?
Old 11-16-2017, 07:23 PM

Give it a try n' report back.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:33 PM

Same thing happened to me in 2014 told them all b.s. Nothing happened
Old 11-16-2017, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Give it a try n' report back.
Copy
Old 11-16-2017, 07:50 PM

You said you got the house to yourself for a few hours.......

Invite her in and

When the wife comes home see how open minded she is to trying "new things" if you two have not already tried that path.

Seems like a no brainer to the rest of us.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:10 PM
Banned

Never heard of this situation, what is this once a month thing?

Whatever it is, tell them to jam it. I have never filled out a census, I refuse to do so. The last one that came when Zoolander made the LFC mandatory again, I tormented them for months. Refused to answer the phone, door etc. One of them came into my backyard while we were sitting on the deck entertaining and I had to threaten to call the RCMP to get her to leave my property.

They kept telling me I could be charged, fined, go to jail etc. Eventually they gave up and nothing ever happened.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
So the story goes
A weird one at that.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:10 PM

If i had to guess i'd say you were selectd for the statcan labour force survey. Was selected last year and sounds similar.

Labour force survey
Old 11-16-2017, 09:12 PM

Default Lfc

Advise them that it is a seasonal residence.

Worked for me.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:24 PM

I was selected for the labor force survey. After three months I told them to stop calling and refused to answer their asinine questions. They called two, three, four times a day, for two weeks. With me hanging up, trying the polite route, telling them off. Etc. Finally got a letter threatening jail time. You got it. Fine and the possibly of jail time for not answering their questions. I answered a call and argued with them some more on the phone, ducked their calls for a while, it was ridiculous, and kind of became a game. Finally I decided to really get to the bottom and demand to get off of their list and I got transferred and transferred again until someone claiming to be important said look, we will just keep calling and mailing letters until you answer our questions for 6 months. You can take 5 mins once a month, or have us call you all day everyday until you comply. I googled some more, read similar stories and I caved. By the way, the pointlessness of it all for me was I wasn’t working, or looking for work or collecting any government Cheques. I was raising our kids while my wife worked. Their 5 mins of questions were all about how many hours you worked, have you looked for work, have you sent out any resumes. It didn’t apply to me. They never got that.
If I ever meet someone in person who says they work for that survey, I’ll have a hard time trying not to trip them or shove them into a ditch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2017, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedCaper View Post
I was selected for the labor force survey. After three months I told them to stop calling and refused to answer their asinine questions. They called two, three, four times a day, for two weeks. With me hanging up, trying the polite route, telling them off. Etc. Finally got a letter threatening jail time. You got it. Fine and the possibly of jail time for not answering their questions. I answered a call and argued with them some more on the phone, ducked their calls for a while, it was ridiculous, and kind of became a game. Finally I decided to really get to the bottom and demand to get off of their list and I got transferred and transferred again until someone claiming to be important said look, we will just keep calling and mailing letters until you answer our questions for 6 months. You can take 5 mins once a month, or have us call you all day everyday until you comply. I googled some more, read similar stories and I caved. By the way, the pointlessness of it all for me was I wasn’t working, or looking for work or collecting any government Cheques. I was raising our kids while my wife worked. Their 5 mins of questions were all about how many hours you worked, have you looked for work, have you sent out any resumes. It didn’t apply to me. They never got that.
If I ever meet someone in person who says they work for that survey, I’ll have a hard time trying not to trip them or shove them into a ditch.

When it gets to this point you should answer their questions in the When Harry Met Sally tone of voice. Throw in a different accent variation everytime they call. It's even more fun if you have no idea how to do the accent, just stay serious though.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:08 AM

I told them that I wasn't volunteering, so they could pay me $50K per question up front. They asked a question as to why they should do that, and I asked if they were planning to pay for the answer to that question. After a bit of grumbling and getting transferred a few times, they gave up on me...
Old 11-17-2017, 06:12 AM

First time I am hearing of this 100% pure nightmare..what the Hell!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedCaper View Post

Same thing happened for me. I pushed back, tried being nice, tried being rude, refused to answer their BS questions....etc. I had some fun eff-ing with them for a while, but it got old pretty quick. They're relentless with their calls, threatened to throw me in jail, finally beat me down to the point that I decided it was just easier to answer the stupid survey every month (exact same questions every month, and apparently "look up my answers from last month, nothing has changed" doesn't cut it, great use of our tax money). Just did Month 5 last week, one more to go and hopefully I'm done with them, or they're done with me....
Old 11-17-2017, 06:38 AM
Banned

Wow this thread is mildly entertaining lol hope it never happens to me.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:44 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Maybe you won the lottery and they want to give you the cheque?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-17-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren008 View Post
If i had to guess i'd say you were selectd for the statcan labour force survey. Was selected last year and sounds similar.

Labour force survey
I did labour survey this year. I believe it is mandatory. Reported back to them online, monthly for a few months. Then done. Same questions each time.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:17 AM

I ignored them for 3 months they took there ball and went home
Old 11-17-2017, 07:33 AM

I tell them that there is no way I can be sure they are from the government and with all the fraud there is today they could want my identity or to rob my place.

I tell them that if the government of canada want info from me they will have to send Justin to chat.
I will only chat with justin.

He hasnt showed up yet.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa_of_6 View Post
I tell them that there is no way I can be sure they are from the government and with all the fraud there is today they could want my identity or to rob my place.

I tell them that if the government of canada want info from me they will have to send Justin to chat.
I will only chat with justin.

He hasnt showed up yet.
Ooooh! Good strategy!

Might have to borrow that.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:46 AM

I got picked for this survey about 25 years ago, I was self employed at the time. I answered their questions for a while but stopped. I told them their questions did not fit my situation and there was no accurate answer. I said any answer that I did give would foul up their results. They left me alone.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR_mike View Post
You said you got the house to yourself for a few hours.......

Invite her in and

When the wife comes home see how open minded she is to trying "new things" if you two have not already tried that path.

Seems like a no brainer to the rest of us.
LOL....provided she does have more lip hair than him.....
Old 11-17-2017, 08:17 AM

I went through this 25 years ago, but it was 1 a week, a different one once a month and a different one just for laugh's every 6 months. I had enough when they called me in the middle of something important and they told me I had stop and answer. I just stopped answering the questions, went through the legal bs and finally asked to see the written regs. What they said at the time was the only census that was mandatory was the one that comes every 4 or 5 years. When I read that to the next person that called that was the end of the phone calls. That may have changed by now but it would not hurt to read the Census ACT.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:26 AM

Someone please give them my number ....... I will document their harassment of me ..... claim it has damaged my feelings and caused me mental anguish ....... and sue them for millions of dollars and have Justin deliver one of those big checks to my door.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Banned

I will tell them that i identity as male to female trans person of African heritage who identifies as a half man half horse Japanese Emporer.

And no one will hire me.

I'm a victim!
Old 11-17-2017, 09:07 AM
Banned

I answer the door In my mankini. They run . Problem solved
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 40580f4198ee_sf_3.jpg (21.3 KB, 86 views)
Old 11-17-2017, 09:10 AM

Maybe you could refuse to answer their questions on the grounds that your answers would be self-incriminating and could be used against you in court. Refer to their 'survey' as an interrogation, and your time that they require as a detention. Ask why you're being detained. If they're not charging you with anything, you can't be detained. If they would like to pay for a lawyer to sit beside you and advise you, then perhaps, you would be happy to tell them what you can.

'What's your source of income?'
"I'd rather not say"

'Hobbies?'
"I don't think you'd really want to know'
Old 11-17-2017, 09:26 AM

I got the same thing and you're stuck doing it. There's not really any way out. Your best bet is to ask for it to be online, then you just go to a website and click through a bunch of questions once a month.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:54 AM
Banned

Okay...I'm just going to play the devils advocate.
We all like to complain that the 'goberment' isn't spending our money effectively...but then when they ask for our input it's a waste of our time
Old 11-17-2017, 10:01 AM

I went through this about 15 years ago
I finally had enough of them everyday at the door , so I had just come out of the shower one day and this woman was beating on my door so I answered the door naked and said cmon in the wife is away for a month , lets party naked
I never heard from them again
shoot where their
going not where they been,