Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-04-2015, 02:30 PM

Default Gearhead T18

I want one........
http://www.gearheadarchery.com/
Old 04-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Banned

I'd like to try shooting one. With an 18" ATA you have to wonder how steady it holds. If it has a high let off it might be hard to stabilize.

They sure look cool though.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:50 PM

Checked out their website, pretty cool. There's a couple things that were unclear though. It says 320 fps at 25" so what is the IBO speed? Also are these supposed to be used with a bow site or do you aim instinctively?

There was a similar bow I saw a couple years ago (only online) but it was around the same size and set up and the grip reminded me of one of those high powered sling shots, I wonder if this is the same company revamped?
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 04-04-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Checked out their website, pretty cool. There's a couple things that were unclear though. It says 320 fps at 25" so what is the IBO speed? Also are these supposed to be used with a bow site or do you aim instinctively?

There was a similar bow I saw a couple years ago (only online) but it was around the same size and set up and the grip reminded me of one of those high powered sling shots, I wonder if this is the same company revamped?
The video with the chick shooting shows it with a sight on it. Pics on the website show different sights on it too.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:14 PM

i wonder when they will be for sale and how much they will be? I couldn't find any other info on them.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:28 PM

I think that is their attempt at making a listed speed comparable to ibo because the design makes it so you draw shorter than you normally would on a bow...if that makes sense...
I'd love to have one to play around with, but I'm certain the price will be more than I'd want to pay
Old 04-05-2015, 07:26 PM

Cool.

Wonder if having the arrow rest and sight in the middle like that makes it lighter? I could see a design like that being strong with less materials.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:17 PM

doesn't look like the draw length comes any longer then 25"
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff