Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-27-2015, 01:41 PM

Default String Wax

Hey guys I'm new at owning a bow,I have a few questions what kind of wax should a guy use,how often,and proper application technics

Thanks in advance
Old 03-27-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddjler View Post
Hey guys I'm new at owning a bow,I have a few questions what kind of wax should a guy use,how often,and proper application technics

Thanks in advance
Get a good quaility...most are ...some are better for newer strings like Bohning Excellerator Wax...come in small lipstick type tube lasts for a year or so...fits in pack nice....

Wax often cheap insurance...actualy adds speed to bow...conditions strings ..helps in strings NOT drying out and geting "fuzzy"

Its cheap, wax often...once a week if using...the more you use bow the more you wax...wax before storing

Cheapest insurance for bow and strings not breaking due to wear...

Work in good with fingers until you feel warmth..and wax works deep into strings...I use a piece of very smooth tooling leather until warm and it works in...some say not to use leather....but wax is hard to come off fingers in the field...

Wax everywhere including serving if you wish...just be CAREFUL NOT to wax anywhere strings/Cables/ servings run in idler wheels/ cams/or roller guards

http://www.bohning.com/xccelerator-wax

Neil
Old 03-27-2015, 05:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up I have all ready purchased a tube of bohning seal tite I'll use this after every shoot

Last edited by toddjler; 03-27-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddjler View Post
Thanks for the heads up I have all ready purchased a tube of bohning seal tite I'll use this after every shoot
After every shoot is too much you'll gunk up your string. Too much will attract dust and crap. Probably after every 10 times is more like it. Maybe even less often. You just want to keep your string tacky when it starts to feel dry give it a bit of wax. A little dab will do you. Rub it in really fast get it nice and warm so it "melts" in.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:36 PM

...X2 good advise..
Neil
Old 03-28-2015, 10:21 PM

over wax bad
Old 03-29-2015, 07:05 PM

im shooting about 250-300 shots a week so ill be good at once a week then?
Old 03-29-2015, 10:22 PM

Default wax

I go around 10 days to two weeks depending on amount of shooting and I also have a few bows. You will get the feel of the string when it looses that waxy feeling or if you see fine hairs showing on the string, time to wax. I prefer my fingers to rub in and use the Bohning in the green tube.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Get a good quaility...most are ...some are better for newer strings like Bohning Excellerator Wax...come in small lipstick type tube lasts for a year or so...fits in pack nice....

Wax often cheap insurance...actualy adds speed to bow...conditions strings ..helps in strings NOT drying out and geting "fuzzy"

Its cheap, wax often...once a week if using...the more you use bow the more you wax...wax before storing

Cheapest insurance for bow and strings not breaking due to wear...

Work in good with fingers until you feel warmth..and wax works deep into strings...I use a piece of very smooth tooling leather until warm and it works in...some say not to use leather....but wax is hard to come off fingers in the field...

Wax everywhere including serving if you wish...just be CAREFUL NOT to wax anywhere strings/Cables/ servings run in idler wheels/ cams/or roller guards

http://www.bohning.com/xccelerator-wax

Neil
X2. I started using "bow snot" a few years ago and I really like it. It works into the string very well and it's very smooth putting on. As long as you're waxing frequently, that's what's important. I wax after every time I'm done shooting.