Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-11-2015, 11:39 AM
Banned

Default ATA Receiving Date Extended

I just read this post from AJ Callbeck on another forum. AJ works at the ATA in Westlock receiving your fur. I also like the comment about NAFA screaming for coyotes. I hope that it translates into higher prices.

"The last receiving day for the next NAFA auction will be extended from January 19th to January 30th at the ATA fur depot. If you have coyotes NAFA is screaming for them."
Old 01-11-2015, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up Dave! That may change my plans of pulling my line next week. Knowing sooner would have been nice, I've been planning on being wrapped up for the 19th.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFNG View Post
Thanks for the heads up Dave! That may change my plans of pulling my line next week. Knowing sooner would have been nice, I've been planning on being wrapped up for the 19th.
x2 I have a bunch of coyotes thawing so this really takes the pressure off of me. I was thinking about pulling my snares as well but now I might have to scrounge up some more bait and go right to the end of January.

I REALLY like the sound of NAFA screaming for coyotes and extending the date in order to get more!
Old 01-11-2015, 12:21 PM

I've caught a couple rubbed coyotes lately, I'm hoping they don't go down hill too fast. I also have been busy putting up coyotes, bought materials for more boards last night so I could have everything done for the 19th. Looks like I should be putting more bait out instead of building boards.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:14 PM

do you have a link to that conversation , I would like to read that , It is not on NAFA site yet. Not that I don't believe you , I just do not want to miss the 19th delivery date due to a forum post
Old 01-11-2015, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritz View Post
do you have a link to that conversation , I would like to read that , It is not on NAFA site yet. Not that I don't believe you , I just do not want to miss the 19th delivery date due to a forum post
AJ posted his comments on the "Alberta Trappers" Facebook site. He'd have firsthand info on issues like this so it might take a day or two before there is an official announcement by NAFA. I trust what he said but yeah, best to wait for the official announcement and take the message as just a heads up for now.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:43 PM

Default Receiving Date

Marty may have same info so we may hear shortly, one way or another.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:16 PM

That date works for me. Still have some lynx to catch. I have always shipped for the June sale because the January cutoff is always so early I'm still trapping and only want to drive to Westlock once to ship my fur. I was going to register lynx and fisher this week then be ready to ship this weekend. Now I have a little breathing room.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:44 PM
Banned

My last message from AJ:

"This announcement is probably about as official as I would expect Dave. I got the call from Winnipeg to make the extension last Friday. I'm not sure what the other depots are doing."
Old 01-12-2015, 10:41 AM
AO Sponsor

Default NAFA Southern AB Depot Date Extended

Deleted

Last edited by Marty S; 01-12-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:45 AM
AO Sponsor

Deleted, sorry, started another thread