Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheels81 View Post
Most of my weirder moments are courtesy of TCBOBM... I'm a firm believer in never touching that book again.
sorry .. TCBOBM?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:26 AM

Well I"ve never believed in psychics,but,My daughter was givin a free session with a psychic by a friend of hers a few years back.So she went and recieved a tape of the entire session.For a few weeks after she would phone me and would always ask how I was feeling and I always said fine,cause I was .Finally I asked her why she was always asking me that.She was really hesitant about telling me.Finally she broke and told me she had seen a psychic and she told her that her dad (me) had a problem in his chest.She asked what it was.Psychic said she didnt know,but not to worry I would get treated and be ok.Approximately 4mos later I began having difficulty getting air.Went to doctor ,after several tests they dicovered I had blood clots in my lungs.After bieng put on blood thinners I am fine but have to stay on them for life.I dont know how any one can possibly predict what will happen to someone they have never met.I honestly dont know what to make of it.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:36 AM

Great story Tree guy, i recall a post in a bigfoot thread some time ago about seeing something freaky in a high mountain meadow, thought it was you. I also get de ja vu, quite a bit actually. Makes you think sometimes. Years ago i had a dream of a shuttle blowing up just after take off, told a friend about it too. Laughed it off. Well two months later while working in a bodyshop, radio is always on and a breaking news interuption, yup, challenger just blew up right after take off. Talk about wow factor. My friend called that night and we both kinda felt like wtf? One more, had rode the mind bender roller coaster many times already, we were planning on going again that fatefull night. For some reason, even though we were all ready to head to the mall and ride it, we just couldnt get our butts in gear. Never went. Next day it was all over the news. We would have been there in the same time period, wether or not we might have been on it at that time, we will never know. I belive that our loved ones who pass watch over us. Great stories everyone, keep them coming.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Banned

2 Things have happened to me over the years and one is still ongoing.

#1 I saw a little boy in our hallway, we only had a little girl at that point. I saw him, he giggled and then walked into my Bedroom. That was REALLY wierd.

#2 I put out street lights while driving and walking. This happens on at least a monthy basis if not more. Ask your self, how many street lamps have you ever seen burn out at that exact momement? Myself... 100's. I am not the only one that notices it now. My wife and kids laugh like crazy when it happens and I dont even get surprised any more. I wish someone could explain this one.

Jamie
Old 04-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Banned

Jamie

Your #1 post is weird and creepy

I have had street lamps burn out several times in my presence.
But dont really give it a supernatural connection.

Coincidences happen to everyone I think.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:14 AM

Jamie's light bulb busting reminds me that I frequently make FM radios go out of tune when I'm within a close proximity. It happened with quite a number of different units; it would go fuzzy when I was near, then broadcast clearly when I moved away; I attributed it to something like my dental work or whatnot causing interference. Haven't noticed it for a while though. Trying to tune one was aggravating, as when I did get it to a good reception setting, once I moved back it wasn't right anymore. Kind of like whack-a-mole

Jamie should get ahold of Sylvania or GE and offer his services on a commission basis; just walking every road in the city could earn him another boat!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
Jamie

I have had street lamps burn out several times in my presence.
But dont really give it a supernatural connection.

Coincidences happen to everyone I think.
Me too, but hundreds?

methinks I gotsta be nice to Jamie when I go fishing, or he will call out the dark forces to break my arm wrestling arm

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-08-2013, 10:16 AM

one day and this is no bs me and my girl were sitting in my garage in the house im in now. suddenly her phone started typing random stuff and a bunch of stuff suddenly fell on her from the shelf ... didnt think nothin of it . we went inside and when i came back out the door was latched from inside... thats wierd i thought so i jimmied it open with a butter knife. i checked it out by slammin the door with the latch almost shut and i couldnt get it to latch without manualy doin it by hand.a lil later that day same thing damn thing was latched from inside so i was creeped the f out. i unbolted the latch and threw it away then a week later my mouse traps went missing... then a while later a small window was broken on the man door and the glass was outside. then my girlfriend gets an e mail from a lady she doesnt know and wont respond back. saying some wierd stuff about a black dog and a black snake . (i have a black dog and had just rescently caught a garter snake which was in my garage) this scared the f outta my gf we released the snake in the river valley . my gf did some research on my house and found out that a man had lived here and commited suicide in the house . even better some of his belongings are in the attic . freaks me out but that was last summer and nothings happened since we got rid of the snake. talk about wierd huh i can barely type im shaken so much right now lol.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Me too, but hundreds?

methinks I gotsta be nice to Jamie when I go fishing, or he will call out the dark forces to break my arm wrestling arm
Ya I spose hundreds is a lil bizzaro.

And Ken.....maybe you should be more fearful that he may knock your lights out?

Last edited by MtnGiant; 04-08-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Jamie's light bulb busting reminds me that I frequently make FM radios go out of tune when I'm within a close proximity. It happened with quite a number of different units; it would go fuzzy when I was near, then broadcast clearly when I moved away; I attributed it to something like my dental work or whatnot causing interference. Haven't noticed it for a while though. Trying to tune one was aggravating, as when I did get it to a good reception setting, once I moved back it wasn't right anymore. Kind of like whack-a-mole

Jamie should get ahold of Sylvania or GE and offer his services on a commission basis; just walking every road in the city could earn him another boat!
Whoa! I have noticed the same thing - I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like I can't be anywhere near an FM antenna without causing interference. It's more frustrating than anything, wanting to listen to the radio but getting constant static. Same sort of thing with the old rabbit ear antennas... I can't adjust them, they get all messed up as soon as I back away. Static charges? I don't know
Old 04-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Banned

The 1970's

Mitsy Dupree blowing smoke rings.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiDaLeonardo View Post
Whoa! I have noticed the same thing - I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like I can't be anywhere near an FM antenna without causing interference. It's more frustrating than anything, wanting to listen to the radio but getting constant static. Same sort of thing with the old rabbit ear antennas... I can't adjust them, they get all messed up as soon as I back away. Static charges? I don't know
Happens to me all the time,I thought it was just normal.I have a hella time to get a radio to work right.

Here`s a weird one.
One night the wife,me and the dog were sitting around watching T.V.All of a sudden we heard water running.Being new home owners and fearing a broken pipe we rushed to the sound.Both taps in the bathtub were wide open.Like 7 cranks open.I shut them off,came back into the livingroom and the wife says"What`s wrong with your dog?"I looked and she was covered in blood from her ear to her azz,on her right side.Being a yellow Lab it showed up pretty good.I thought she might have cut herself somehow,god knows how,she was laying beside us for the last 2 hours.I cleaned her up,searched her and did not find a mark anywhere on her.Over the next year other strange little things would happen,lights turned on by themselves,neighbours swearing we were home playing music when we were not,stuff like that.
It was an old farm house,I never did get any history on it but it was odd.Strangly though,we never felt any evilness,except for the dog thing.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
Happens to me all the time,I thought it was just normal.I have a hella time to get a radio to work right.

Here`s a weird one.
One night the wife,me and the dog were sitting around watching T.V.All of a sudden we heard water running.Being new home owners and fearing a broken pipe we rushed to the sound.Both taps in the bathtub were wide open.Like 7 cranks open.I shut them off,came back into the livingroom and the wife says"What`s wrong with your dog?"I looked and she was covered in blood from her ear to her azz,on her right side.Being a yellow Lab it showed up pretty good.I thought she might have cut herself somehow,god knows how,she was laying beside us for the last 2 hours.I cleaned her up,searched her and did not find a mark anywhere on her.Over the next year other strange little things would happen,lights turned on by themselves,neighbours swearing we were home playing music when we were not,stuff like that.
It was an old farm house,I never did get any history on it but it was odd.Strangly though,we never felt any evilness,except for the dog thing.
That's nuts! Really makes you wonder... That dog thing probably woulda sent me over the edge, that's messed up.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:13 AM

My mom had a major stroke last Nov.Mom was totally unresponsive and in a coma for 3 days with what the doctors said was half her brain dead. She hadn't opened an eye or had a single movement in the three days A minister dropped by hospital and in a conversation told me that he had dealt with many aged people in an old folks home and that many had to be told it was OK to let go and pass away. He said some are waiting for permission to die. I told my sister of the ministers conversation and told her to whisper in mom's ear that it was OK to die that we kids would look after dad and she didn't have to worry about us kids. She did that and in seconds mom opened her eyes wide and looked directly at my sister, smiled and closed her eyes. Within seconds her breathing slowed and she peacefully died in less than a minute. Mom had been waiting for reassurance and the OK to go.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 AM

Wife and I watched the movie, White Noise one night, scared the crap out of her. About two hours after we went to bed the phone in the kitchen goes on speaker phone, just the dial tone, I hear but think I'm dreaming. After whatever the time amount was it starts that stupid beeping which wakes her. She's freaked out and we both go into the kitchen, I pick up the receiver and the stupid beeping continues, I hang up and everything stops. We go back to bed and just as I fall asleep it starts again, for some reason she's more pizzed than scared now and she starts yelling at the phone to leave us alone. I tell her to unplug it, which makes it stop. She's still in the kitchen so I tell her, for some reason I remember my exact words, just leave it unplugged and come back to bed. Never happened before that night and it never happened again after that night, for some reason that night it never scared me, maybe to groggy. I was unnerved a little the next morning though.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-08-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
My mom had a major stroke last Nov.Mom was totally unresponsive and in a coma for 3 days with what the doctors said was half her brain dead. She hadn't opened an eye or had a single movement in the three days A minister dropped by hospital and in a conversation told me that he had dealt with many aged people in an old folks home and that many had to be told it was OK to let go and pass away. He said some are waiting for permission to die. I told my sister of the ministers conversation and told her to whisper in mom's ear that it was OK to die that we kids would look after dad and she didn't have to worry about us kids. She did that and in seconds mom opened her eyes wide and looked directly at my sister, smiled and closed her eyes. Within seconds her breathing slowed and she peacefully died in less than a minute. Mom had been waiting for reassurance and the OK to go.
Wonderful story.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-08-2013, 11:24 AM

muzzy, awesome story.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:32 AM

Default Goose bumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
14yr old, late at night, winter time, from the north across the sky going straight south......an object that looked like an old sea mine......ball with spikes or knobs,......rolling across the sky. It was quite luminescent and easy to see.

Rolled across the sky from north to south going quite fast. Pasted out of sight with 5seconds. At the time I dismissed it as a satellite, but no satellite is that close or that visible.
I have been seeing this thread and this morning I opened it and started reading. When I read yours my skin started to *****le.

When I was growing up we lived in the country on a farm. We had no hydro, indoor plumbing and the running water was me packing it to the house in buckets.
Our house had five rooms. A big kitchen, a big living room and three bedrooms, just right for seven kids along with mom and dad. There were no doors on any of the rooms. If you wanted a door you hung a blanket up.
It was a bitter cold winter night and me and siblings were in the living room by the wood heater when I had this impulse to go into Mom and Dads bedroom. That was a no no cuz we weren't allowed to go in there. I did anyway. I looked out their window to the northeast and seen this big dark gray ball that had what looked like spikes and long pipe sticking out from it rolling across the moon lit sky from north to south. It was huge. I seen it for about just seconds before it disappeared behind the trees.
For days and months after I would go into that bedroom and look out the window hoping I would see it again.
I never told mom or dad because I would have been in trouble for being in their room and never told my siblings close to my age for fear of them ratting me out. Only told one other person in my life and now I'm telling the whole world.
Go figure.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:36 AM

Some very amazing posts on this good thread...I had a strange experience many many years ago while hunting alone for grouse on an abandoned farmyard. Make a long story short, I stumbled across a old farmyard that look promising for some ruffies so I pulled in and proceeded to check it out. After looking through the buildings just to see what condition they were in I proceeded to walk around the perimeter of the surrounding bush line for some birds. Strange thing was I never even heard a single stitch of any wildlife, nothing! Not a bird, squirrel, not even a chickadee, thought it was strange so I continue to do the horseshoe around the bush in the farm yard. As I was not seeing or hearing a damn thing, I was walking back towards the buildings, I thought I heard a windchime. So I stopped and listened and heard it again. Now I know for a fact I never seen any windchimes on any of the buildings that were really old plus there was not a single other farmyard within miles of that place. My hair stood up on the back of my neck and decided to jump in my vehicle and leave. As I was walking past the buildings I heard it again (plus it was dead calm, no wind) So I jumped in my car and left...this was by Redwater area. It was creepy and just writing it now gives me goosebumps. I still don't know what to make of that to this day.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:56 AM

Awesome story muzzy. I've heard of coma victims hearing doctors' and visitors' voices before, and recalling things upon waking up. But never something as meaningful as that.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:58 AM

These stories are amazing guys, please keep them coming.

I have gotten a few incredible stories from people in PM that are nervous about posting them, but I beg of you to share your experiences, they are amazing.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-08-2013, 12:00 PM

I had an experience that relates with Sooner's story....I will keep it brief as it still pains me alot. I lost my soulmate and wife to be several years ago, she passed away in surgery. The evening of the day she passed away I was locked up in my bedroom, morning her loss and I know for a fact I was wide awake when I felt like my cat was laying on my inner thigh so I went to scratch its ears and it was not there...I snapped up outta bed and looked around for the cat only to see it laying on the couch upstairs sound asleep and my bedroom door was shut. There was even an red impression on my thigh as if something was resting on it for a while. That was an eerie but yet comforting feeling I experienced and still have no explanation about it to this day.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:03 PM

Muzzy- I was with my Mom when she left in 2006, I was by her side and she was in death rattle. She was in the Hospital fighting cancer, and that day had a massive stroke. After hours of this I did the same thing, kissed her on the cheek and told her it was ok to go, when I walked away I did not make it to the door and she took her last breath.

Sometimes I blame myself, thinking she gave up on me, or maybe she thought I gave up on her, but it was her time, she had to go.

Hard to hold back tears even now.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:32 PM

I have had a few

97/98 I was living in whistler BC, my then Girlfriend was back in Oshawa ON.
was at the Crab Shack for .10c wings with a bunch of buddies when I just start cring for no reason, can't calm down. so I leave, head back to the appartment drop a fist full of quarters in the payphone try calling her. no luck get her brother hes annoyed at my call and assures me shes ok, only to hang up the phone to have his father call to tell him his sister was in the hospital, car slipped on ice and took out a light pole.

a few inches the other way she'd been dead.

when I moved out here I was at a work function started to talk with a strainger I had never met before.
started to feel a bit of deja vu, that came on stronger and stronger like waves crashing into me, started going through my mind like then this is going to happen than that looking at things happening around me i was calling out in my head, then looked back at the guy I was talking with and finished his sentence about his wife and where she worked.
felt like I was floating. the guy was floorded "how could you possibly know that??!!" I had to excuse myself and go sit down. felt overwhelmed

my most favorite was back in London On I was buying a super 7 lotto ticket Lady behind the counter, "sure you dont want a 6/49, its 20 million"

me let me tell you about 6/49, i once bought 150 tickets of that won 26 free plays!, where I always break even or win 10$ on super 7"

fastforward a few weeks sitting in the lunchroom flipping through a old paper, bottom corner catches my eye.

a butcher from mississauga played his deceased wifes numbers and won the jackpot.

pull out my ticket, every number even the bonus number
Old 04-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecngsr View Post
I have had a few

97/98 I was living in whistler BC, my then Girlfriend was back in Oshawa ON.
was at the Crab Shack for .10c wings with a bunch of buddies when I just start cring for no reason, can't calm down. so I leave, head back to the appartment drop a fist full of quarters in the payphone try calling her. no luck get her brother hes annoyed at my call and assures me shes ok, only to hang up the phone to have his father call to tell him his sister was in the hospital, car slipped on ice and took out a light pole.

a few inches the other way she'd been dead.

when I moved out here I was at a work function started to talk with a strainger I had never met before.
started to feel a bit of deja vu, that came on stronger and stronger like waves crashing into me, started going through my mind like then this is going to happen than that looking at things happening around me i was calling out in my head, then looked back at the guy I was talking with and finished his sentence about his wife and where she worked.
felt like I was floating. the guy was floorded "how could you possibly know that??!!" I had to excuse myself and go sit down. felt overwhelmed

my most favorite was back in London On I was buying a super 7 lotto ticket Lady behind the counter, "sure you dont want a 6/49, its 20 million"

me let me tell you about 6/49, i once bought 150 tickets of that won 26 free plays!, where I always break even or win 10$ on super 7"

fastforward a few weeks sitting in the lunchroom flipping through a old paper, bottom corner catches my eye.

a butcher from mississauga played his deceased wifes numbers and won the jackpot.

pull out my ticket, every number even the bonus number
You strangle the cashier? That sounds like bad karma dude....
Old 04-08-2013, 02:08 PM

Saw my wife do the dishes once. That creeped me out!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep6matt View Post
Some very amazing posts on this good thread...I had a strange experience many many years ago while hunting alone for grouse on an abandoned farmyard. Make a long story short, I stumbled across a old farmyard that look promising for some ruffies so I pulled in and proceeded to check it out. After looking through the buildings just to see what condition they were in I proceeded to walk around the perimeter of the surrounding bush line for some birds. Strange thing was I never even heard a single stitch of any wildlife, nothing! Not a bird, squirrel, not even a chickadee, thought it was strange so I continue to do the horseshoe around the bush in the farm yard. As I was not seeing or hearing a damn thing, I was walking back towards the buildings, I thought I heard a windchime. So I stopped and listened and heard it again. Now I know for a fact I never seen any windchimes on any of the buildings that were really old plus there was not a single other farmyard within miles of that place. My hair stood up on the back of my neck and decided to jump in my vehicle and leave. As I was walking past the buildings I heard it again (plus it was dead calm, no wind) So I jumped in my car and left...this was by Redwater area. It was creepy and just writing it now gives me goosebumps. I still don't know what to make of that to this day.
dude thats wierd . me n my gf lived in redwater for awhile. one day we came across a rickedy bridge that crossed the redwater river on a dirt road. i went down to see if it looked like maybe a fish or two would be there and under the bridge was a very old wooden box . inside was a wierd cross and some burnt ashes. i kept the cross (cause i posted on fb about it and some friends encouraged me to) anyway i hung the cross in my closet and went on to have the worst luck for the next year. when finaly my landlord decided if we stayed living there wed have to trade our dog for a smaller one or a cat so we packed up and moved to andrew. the very last thing i saw in that house was that cross hanging it gave me the creeps i left it behind and have had better luck since...
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM

My Dad and I went fishing to Iosegun lake by Fox Creek one spring.....we anchored by the creek mouth and were having a blast catching pike and walleye, was a tad bit breezy......

I noticed we were drifting and I pull in the rope with little resistance and no anchor on it.... It was off the clip. So we kind of think it is weird but not too much thought about it. We had another anchor one for front and one for rear....so Dad checks this anchor is well tied (he is a butcher so he knows all kind of knots) he drops it in the spot and we continue fishing.....so again a little while later I joke with Dad and say it feels like we are drifting again....he says yah you are right.

He pulls in the rope and it is untied.....no anchor.

We have no idea how that happened but we lost 2 well secured anchors in the same spot same day.....

We still joke about it because it freaks the crap out of us both.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 04-08-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
dude thats wierd . me n my gf lived in redwater for awhile. one day we came across a rickedy bridge that crossed the redwater river on a dirt road. i went down to see if it looked like maybe a fish or two would be there and under the bridge was a very old wooden box . inside was a wierd cross and some burnt ashes. i kept the cross (cause i posted on fb about it and some friends encouraged me to) anyway i hung the cross in my closet and went on to have the worst luck for the next year. when finaly my landlord decided if we stayed living there wed have to trade our dog for a smaller one or a cat so we packed up and moved to andrew. the very last thing i saw in that house was that cross hanging it gave me the creeps i left it behind and have had better luck since...
Andrew huh? Thats were I was born and raised, great little community. I was told by many people never ever take anything like what you found as it will bring bad luck, I believe in that stuff and never would chance that. Seems like it may have been someone's ashes in there from long ago and yeah that is best left alone. Good thing you left that behind...creepy.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
My Dad and I went fishing to Iosegun lake by Fox Creek one spring.....we anchored by the creek mouth and were having a blast catching pike and walleye, was a tad bit breezy......

LC
You think there was maybe a drowning in that lake long ago? Thats a creepy story Lefty....