Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-19-2017, 07:26 PM

Default Lac Ste. Anne info

Hello all, I was drawn for class c walleye just wondering what ice conditions are like with this weather and if anyone has had any luck lately. Thx in advance for any info

Big mouth don't make a big man-John Wayne
Old 02-19-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1797 View Post
Hello all, I was drawn for class c walleye just wondering what ice conditions are like with this weather and if anyone has had any luck lately. Thx in advance for any info
I was on the north side of Ste. Anne today near yellowstone. Access was good and there is still plenty of ice, I almost bottomed out the auger. With the snow from last night there is about 2-3" of slush on top and the drifts still exist in some places.

Even though I wasn't fishing very hard in my opinion it was deathly slow. I did manage a nice walleye, 3 pike and a sucker.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcon View Post
I was on the north side of Ste. Anne today near yellowstone. Access was good and there is still plenty of ice, I almost bottomed out the auger. With the snow from last night there is about 2-3" of slush on top and the drifts still exist in some places.

Even though I wasn't fishing very hard in my opinion it was deathly slow. I did manage a nice walleye, 3 pike and a sucker.
I have never caught, or even seen a sucker in there .... cool .... that would be a surprise catch.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:50 AM

EZM or anyone else know if it's a good time for fishing whites at Yellowstone? I tried a couple of times one of them last week but no luck at all. Thanks guys

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2017, 12:05 PM

Fished North End near ramp. About 400m off shore. 14' water (dirty), caught 8 small 1-2lb pike. Back into lake they go. Have class B walleye. No walleye yet?? Biting on white, red eyes jig with minnow. 6" off bottom.
May go to long lake for perch next time out.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:29 PM

Fished all weekend out here. as mentioned above the ice is great. The access at the main launch in Alberta Beach is safe, a little water and slush on top right at the entrance but the ice is solid to the sand there as its only 30" water depth there.

Friday I got out after dark and no luck on my spot.
Saturday fished 7:30-4:00, 2 of us, about 18 fish half Eyes and half pike
Sunday 2 guys 8:30-12, 3 pike, 1 eye, alone 12-5 and 6 pike
Monday I was out and I didn't land any but wasn't fishing too hard but others in group got 3 pike lost 1 walleye in a few hours.

The snow and low pressure slowed the bite down Sunday and Monday for sure
Old 02-21-2017, 02:51 PM

We were out there on Monday, saw others pull out walleye, one fellow showed me a picture of a gorgeous burbot that he landed near the island. My brother in law landed a small pike.

The kids had fun at the Fishin' Hole derby, they sure were pleased to get the Fishin' Hole prize packs! Laughed my butt off at the auger competition too. That was priceless, and a great atmosphere overall.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:39 AM

I fished Tues/Wed this week. The first day was near the giant blue hut off the boat launch. Managed three bites, and lost three hooks... Once I put on a leader, the bite died.

The second day, I fished near the island. Landed two small walleye (~35-40cm). I was only out for 1-2hrs each time, as it was my 2y/o's first trip out, and I was working off of his attention span.

Seemed to be working off of minnows on a jig.

-Jeff

Old 02-28-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen1817 View Post
I fished Tues/Wed this week. The first day was near the giant blue hut off the boat launch. Managed three bites, and lost three hooks... Once I put on a leader, the bite died.

The second day, I fished near the island. Landed two small walleye (~35-40cm). I was only out for 1-2hrs each time, as it was my 2y/o's first trip out, and I was working off of his attention span.

Seemed to be working off of minnows on a jig.

-Jeff

Okay, now that's a really cute pic!

Good on ya for taking the young 'un out fishing!