Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-26-2015, 09:50 PM

Default Bad experience turned good

I purchased my last 2 bows before my current Prime at Jim Bows.

I had been having trouble with my Bowtech and after alot of trouble shooting it was determined that I may have had a bad limb.

I went into the shop in Calgary and talked to one of the guys and he said that Jim would call me.

After a week of no call I called them back and left another message. Never did hear back from Jimbows

Fustrated with my situation I was talking with TnT archery in Sherwod Park and they they went above and beyond and dealt with the company rep and chased them down until Bowtech replaced the limbs.

I have always had great service at Jimbows hence why I bought 2 bows from them but this was a miss but wanted to give a big shout out to TnT for helping me get this bow fixed and ready to keep as a spare cause nothing compares to how well I shoot this Prime

We are lucky to have a few great shops in the capital region again.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
I purchased my last 2 bows before my current Prime at Jim Bows.

I had been having trouble with my Bowtech and after alot of trouble shooting it was determined that I may have had a bad limb.

I went into the shop in Calgary and talked to one of the guys and he said that Jim would call me.

After a week of no call I called them back and left another message. Never did hear back from Jimbows

Fustrated with my situation I was talking with TnT archery in Sherwod Park and they they went above and beyond and dealt with the company rep and chased them down until Bowtech replaced the limbs.

I have always had great service at Jimbows hence why I bought 2 bows from them but this was a miss but wanted to give a big shout out to TnT for helping me get this bow fixed and ready to keep as a spare cause nothing compares to how well I shoot this Prime

We are lucky to have a few great shops in the capital region again.

tnt is is great John and his wife are awesome to deal with .... Lately I have heard bowtech is hard to deal with not in my case in can call them up and get everything need to get a bow fixed not sure why people say that they are crappy to deal with, maybe it was the whole switching the warehouse around to Excalibur not sure though....
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 03-28-2015, 10:10 PM

sucks jim bows couldn't help, they are kinda new so probably super busy
Old 03-29-2015, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzza View Post
Probably best to go back and read my post before commenting.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzza View Post
Jimbows is by no means new. I bought my first bow off of Jim back in 1994. It wasn't long after that is when he opened his own shop in Calgary. To the O.P. it must have been a crappy day at jimbows cause Jim has always been a helluva guy to deal with IMHO.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Renagade View Post
Jimbows is by no means new. I bought my first bow off of Jim back in 1994. It wasn't long after that is when he opened his own shop in Calgary. To the O.P. it must have been a crappy day at jimbows cause Jim has always been a helluva guy to deal with IMHO.
Most likely referring to the Edmonton location as "new"
Old 03-31-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiannJPearson View Post
There are lots of online stores are available that provide you various kinds of accessories and products that are required for this activities.
?....getting post count up to access Buy and Sell?

LC
Old 03-31-2015, 07:39 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Sounds like Jim bows need to have a meeting about returning calls?It happens but call them again and explain this to them. Brianfarts happen!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-31-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiannJPearson View Post
There are lots of online stores are available that provide you various kinds of accessories and products that are required for this activities.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:09 AM
Banned

Default experience

Have never heard of one, even minor, customer service related issue with Jimbows. Likely happened during the week of the break in where they were a little busy? Like I said, never heard of a complaint ever, and a message on a piece of paper can fall of a counter pretty easy or whatever the case may be. I would have called more than once, and if was a big deal I would have sat on hold until someone was available. Willing to bet this gets addressed by them personally, they are that great with their customer service. None of my business, but even fires me up a bit you would mention it rather than just say a shop, when I am sure you know they are unreal in customer service and there has never been a complaint on here, where so many find something to complain about. A shout out to TnT is all good for a job well done, the shot was cheap knowing full well they are great to deal with and the best out there. Just stating my opinion, so those that wanna jump on me find something better to do. Cheers boys, shoot straight.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBE2 View Post
Have never heard of one, even minor, customer service related issue with Jimbows. Likely happened during the week of the break in where they were a little busy? Like I said, never heard of a complaint ever, and a message on a piece of paper can fall of a counter pretty easy or whatever the case may be. I would have called more than once, and if was a big deal I would have sat on hold until someone was available. Willing to bet this gets addressed by them personally, they are that great with their customer service. None of my business, but even fires me up a bit you would mention it rather than just say a shop, when I am sure you know they are unreal in customer service and there has never been a complaint on here, where so many find something to complain about. A shout out to TnT is all good for a job well done, the shot was cheap knowing full well they are great to deal with and the best out there. Just stating my opinion, so those that wanna jump on me find something better to do. Cheers boys, shoot straight.
Whoa dude back up and read the original post

1)first of all it was well before there break in
2)I commented on how good the customer service had been before and I even bought 2 bows there beacause of the service
3)Was written in a book not on some misc piece of paper if that even should matter
4) why should I say "shop" instead of Jimbows
5) I called twice as per indicated in my post that you need to reread
6) No call back and found a shop locally to help and gave them a shout out
7) no way was it a cheap shot and resent the fact that you would accuse me of that

Take a step back, take a deep breath and go find someone else's corn flakes to go and pee in.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:04 PM

One more thing I would recommend Jimbows to anybody and would buy from them again without hesitation if they had a bow wanted.

Just like I would reccomend Neil at lost arrow or Lawerence at accurate or John at TnT.

All great shops that I deal with regularly
Old 03-31-2015, 01:22 PM
Banned

Default shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
One more thing I would recommend Jimbows to anybody and would buy from them again without hesitation if they had a bow wanted.

Just like I would reccomend Neil at lost arrow or Lawerence at accurate or John at TnT.

All great shops that I deal with regularly
There ya go. Didn't mean to come off too aggressive on you, just a loyalist to great service and thought the wording came off wrong. All good, have a good one. Cheers