Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2020, 11:39 AM

Default What the heck is going on in the states ??

Lot of turmoil and unrest spilling over....

Hopefully cooler heads prevail soon. Feel bad for law enforcement having to deal with that crap.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
Lot of turmoil and unrest spilling over....

Hopefully cooler heads prevail soon. Feel bad for law enforcement having to deal with that crap.
Seriously
Old 05-31-2020, 11:49 AM

Friday.

Nothing out of the ordinary it seems.

I think they keep a lot of the smaller riots quiet.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-31-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post
Seriously
Obviously what happened to George Floyd was terrible - but these "peaceful protests" are just an excuse for rioting and looting for some bad apples ...

For the good cops out there, bad situation to be in. Lose-lose for everyone really.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:22 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
Obviously what happened to George Floyd was terrible - but these "peaceful protests" are just an excuse for rioting and looting for some bad apples ...

For the good cops out there, bad situation to be in. Lose-lose for everyone really.
exactly....lose...lose for everyone....peoplekind….

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-31-2020, 12:45 PM

Not just the USA, they are protesting in Toronto as well
Old 05-31-2020, 12:48 PM

Seen some crazy videos from my son from these riots. The looting and property destruction is bad but that is nothing compared to the attacks on people. I wonder if they are going to talk about the number of people beaten to death or life long injuries. The rioters have been attacking people and they are worse then the cops they are protesting. One of the worst videos was a lady in an electric scooter defending herself with a knife well being attacked by the mob. One man was beaten for being white to the point he was a laying lifeless with clearly mangled limbs. Sick people videoing this and spreading it all over social media

The human race is becoming more of a disgrace each day

All for the cop paying for his actions but these rioters are worse and hypocritical scum
Old 05-31-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Not just the USA, they are protesting in Toronto as well
Yeah, when sparkle sox weighed in on the issue he said racism was rampant in Canada it was basically a call to arms to his snowflake followers.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:05 PM

Is it me, or is the civil unrest, looting & arson only happening in primarily Democrat States? Every example I've yet seen that has been the case.

Curious isn't it, how exactly zero of the pro-2nd Amendment demonstrations have had any kind of trouble? Some might find that weird, others might find it pretty obvious.

Obviously the killing of Floyd was awful and that former cop should be held to account on it, but I personally find the cherry-picking of where and when to be outraged to be quite biased. Yes there is some awful stuff happening at the hands of some police (certainly not all), but we wind up with this rhetoric where blame is cast at the police & whitey in general for things the majority of them never did. If the entire picture is looked at, one would notice how many cops of all colors get murdered down there weekly, and the areas where crime is rampant & ongoing, but all that gets a pass by the rioters and the political turd-disturbers in the media as being somehow normal and not news-worthy. Neither side is innocent, but also neither side is completely responsible for everyone on their side of the political divide, and both sides have plenty of completely innocent and even upstanding people, but everyone is hammering away at blaming entire swaths of humanity for the heinous acts of few (or more than a few in the case of the rioters, but I digress).

Last edited by CaberTosser; 05-31-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Is it me, or is the civil unrest, looting & arson only happening in primarily Democrat States? Every example I've yet seen has been the case.

Curious isn't it, how exactly zero of the pro-2nd Amendment demonstrations have had any kind of trouble? Some might find that weird, others might find it pretty obvious
Yea, no, I think it’s just you. Few carry the depth of ignorance this demonstrates.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Is it me, or is the civil unrest, looting & arson only happening in primarily Democrat States? Every example I've yet seen that has been the case.

Curious isn't it, how exactly zero of the pro-2nd Amendment demonstrations have had any kind of trouble? Some might find that weird, others might find it pretty obvious.

Obviously the killing of Floyd was awful and that former cop should be held to account on it, but I personally find the cherry-picking of where and when to be outraged to be quite biased. Yes there is some awful stuff happening at the hands of some police (certainly not all), but we wind up with this rhetoric where blame is cast at the police & whitey in general for things the majority of them never did. If the entire picture is looked at, one would notice how many cops of all colors get murdered down there weekly, and the areas where crime is rampant & ongoing, but all that gets a pass by the rioters and the political turd-disturbers in the media as being somehow normal and not news-worthy. Neither side is innocent, but also neither side is completely responsible for everyone on their side of the political divide, and both sides have plenty of completely innocent and even upstanding people, but everyone is hammering away at blaming entire swaths of humanity for the heinous acts of few (or more than a few in the case of the rioters, but I digress).
Yes, your right that’s a big part of it. Those places run by a more
Conservative administration adhere more to the laws and constitution and place more valu on accomplishment and civil growth. Growth by all.

Osky
Old 05-31-2020, 01:31 PM

Black guy gets killed by white cop

Some one records it

People demand to charge the white cop for murder

Peaceful protests usually ensue

Followed by moronic people who loot and destruct property

Family members of black guy who died pleads for the riots to stop

Cops and other law enforcement come in eventually and subdue the protests

White cop who was charged is most cases gets off (in most cases)

Rinse and repeat.

Nothing will change

How many times have we seen this cycle over and over again. No one wins and everyone looses. It's only a matter of months until the next black person gets killed by a white cop and is caught on camera.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:37 PM

What happened to George Floyd is an absolute joke and those officers should be hung in the streets.

Some of these police killings are justified but this one is just wrong and an example needs to be set.

The African American community has every right to protest but the looting and destruction definitely isn’t helping their cause.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
Yea, no, I think it’s just you. Few carry the depth of ignorance this demonstrates.
I looked it up, it was only that all the ones I had yet seen reports of just happened to all be Democrat states, so basically a co-incidence there. I'll retract that, but I'll still object to your characterization. There's no denying the stark contrast of the orderly nature of the pro-2nd Amendment gatherings compared to these rioting anarchists though.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:45 PM

What your not seeing as well from Minneapolis is 3 other malls were looted in the suburbs night before last. There were no preliminary marches or rally’s near them, just more brothers needing free stuff.
I’m sure you all have read that the mayor of Minneapolis made his first priority when all this started to hand out covid masks to all the looters er I mean protesters to keep them safe. Just can’t make this stuff up.

Osky
Old 05-31-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
What your not seeing as well from Minneapolis is 3 other malls were looted in the suburbs night before last. There were no preliminary marches or rally’s near them, just more brothers needing free stuff.
I’m sure you all have read that the mayor of Minneapolis made his first priority when all this started to hand out covid masks to all the looters er I mean protesters to keep them safe. Just can’t make this stuff up.

Osky
Or the 5 year old African American child that was peppper sprayed in the face in one of the Baltimore protests. Can’t make that up either.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:52 PM

Going to be another night of chaos. It is so sad to see this happening and I sure hope those 3 other useless cops get charged. If they don’t get charged this could get real bad. Have a feeling markets will start another downturn On the open Monday. . Just a gut feeling.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:15 PM

It’s absolutely horrendous down there. When you have rioters blocking a road and smashing vehicles that are trying to get through with tire irons and baseball bats and all the woman in the vehicle wants to do is get her three kids home safe, it’s absolute anarchy. The video I just saw looked like the movie The Purge.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:21 PM

Seems to happen in the states when an African American is taken down by the white po po. 1967 New Jersey, 1967 Detroit. Probably didn't spill out to other states but still lots died, lots injured lots of looting. Not sure what to say other than when he said he couldn't breathe it could all been avoided if the cop took his knee off his neck. They had three on him. Now look at the price that is being paid.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Yeah, when sparkle sox weighed in on the issue he said racism was rampant in Canada it was basically a call to arms to his snowflake followers.
Sounds like racism had absolutely nothing to do with this incident. Woman fell or jumped off a balcony and happened to be black.

Grizz
Old 05-31-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaltender View Post
Or the 5 year old African American child that was peppper sprayed in the face in one of the Baltimore protests. Can’t make that up either.
Why on earth would someone have a child of 5 in the middle of that cesspool situation? Once things started to become chaotic wouldn't a parents first concern be for the child and Getting them out of there asap?

Osky
Old 05-31-2020, 02:28 PM

This rioting seems a little opportunistic to me....

White folk stealing Louis Viton handbags in New York. Crazy
Old 05-31-2020, 02:35 PM

If I lived down there I'd be loading my mags, they're on the cusp of hell.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaltender View Post
If it was a 5 year old white kid it would never had made the news. Sad truth.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-31-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
If it was a 5 year old white kid it would never had made the news. Sad truth.
Rioters have done way worse then paper spray people and not a peep outside of social media videos. If I knew how to post some of the videos my son showed me last night it’s brutal

One man wrongfully killed by cops has lead to rioters assaulting many and likely taking lives as well
Old 05-31-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Rioters have done way worse then paper spray people and not a peep outside of social media videos. If I knew how to post some of the videos my son showed me last night it’s brutal

One man wrongfully killed by cops has lead to rioters assaulting many and likely taking lives as well
And destroying their neighbourhoods. Call me crazy but levelling businesses like a Target and an Autozone with fire seems Counterproductive to me...
Old 05-31-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
If I lived down there I'd be loading my mags, they're on the cusp of hell.
It’s civil unrest at its finest currently. I’d hate to get caught in that.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:58 PM

Probably a lot of Obama's Antifa legions involved in the riots.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post

Osky
Seeing lots of white brothers in all the pictures and video of the riots. Is that the case there ?
Old 05-31-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
It’s civil unrest at its finest currently. I’d hate to get caught in that.
There was more of that last night than you would believe.
Here you have the right to protect in your home. Not the yard or garage per se but once a bad guy crosses the threshold of your door all bets are off.
As far as the looting of a business, we have the rule of retreat. You must retreat, if armed, if someone breaks into your business and is stealing... However if that intruder turns on you with intent to harm you are free to defend.
There is also the right to open carry. You may not carry a handgun concealed without a permit however you can openly carry any legal weapon, nearly anywhere unless that area is noted as no carry.
There were more people than you could imagine on business rooftops last night along Lake Street armed. Many adjoining streets as well. That is one part of the reason the rabble turned east towards Sain Paul and didn't dare come any closer to the Lake Calhoun area.

Osky