Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Conservation View Post
Or the one who gropes a Member of Parliament, right in Parliament, and gets away with it.....our very own idiot PM....

Mr Conservation
It's known as Parliamentary Privilege, can't be prosecuted for that.

Grizz
Old 06-01-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I thought it was going to be about known equal rights activist Grabby Don Trump.
This isnt about Trump yet but i'm sure it will somehow be his fault , just wait and keep reading.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:27 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezzola View Post
Some older ladies are just as bad also
yup...enough said.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-01-2020, 09:50 AM
Banned

Would you have been less butt hurt if it was a son of a boomer holding up the line?

Misogyny is defined as hatred towards women. In recent times the word has been hijacked to mean any untoward behavior to women.

Thanks to the likes of Wine Stain and other rich men we have all become guilty of some vicious and unkind acts and made victims of females.

Some years ago Arte Johnson payed a role on a T.V. variety show wherein he was called a "dirty old man" wearing what was then known as a flasher coat. He would wheel up on an old women in a park and make a suggestive comment. Ruth Buzze would then whack him with her purse and move away. Big laughs from both sides and not a word spoken about the illegal act.

That broken law (assault) has morphed into a type of hatred for men for being misogynists all.

Trying to pick up chicks has been on men's mind since puberty. Some are a little better than others in getting the required results and some look like their reach exceeds their grasp.

Getting old does not mean loosing touch with your ego and I'm betting that the old guy could not care less nor have noticed that Sundance guy was offended.

I am getting to be an old guy myself with far less earning potential and potentially weak seed. The only birds in my category bring too much baggage and the lonely who might have an eye for a senior need more than I'm willing to give up. I'll make my purchase and let younger men make the clever remarks and the wink-wink.

Free (who will yell out move it along!)
Old 06-01-2020, 10:44 AM

My female friends talk of this a lot

Guys in their mid 30's and 40's, still playing xbox, zero concept of how to talk to the opposite sex let alone carry through an actual date.....

The art of being able to converse seems to be dying.

Old guys are no exception. Poor communicators, under sexed, realizing their day is over.

Ive seen it first hand with friends. I let them deal with it until they give me "the look", then I step in as the heavy. If the guy touches them, then that changes things for the worse....If he touches her, I get to touch him, so to speak....
Old 06-01-2020, 11:26 AM

Years ago I was standing at a bus stop in DT Vancouver when a drunk guy walked up to me, trying to touch my face. I kept telling him to back off, warning him. He tried touching my face a third time so I did a controlled jump kick right on his chin. I coulda killed him by breaking his neck as I know martial arts but he was a drunk old guy trying to caress my face. I warned him...

Another time a guy was trying to get me to move off a good fishing spot for Coho. He repeatedly kept peeing in front of me, full frontal while looking at me. I just gave him a bored look and kept on fishing.

I am now 56 years old, don't get harrassed anymore being an older quail now, but there were literally dozens of times I've been bothered. I even threatened a boss who was from Lebanon that was getting creepy...said I made him laugh a lot and he wanted to kiss me. I told him try it and you will be peeing blood for weeks. He never fired me but he sure backed off though after he seen a picture of my eldest brother, former cop and prison guard that is well over 6 feet tall, and 300 lbs of real bad temper
Old 06-01-2020, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
This isnt about Trump yet but i'm sure it will somehow be his fault , just wait and keep reading.
Like all his fault? No it isn't.

Can we find plenty of examples where he's behaved exactly how Sundance is describing? Yes.

https://streamable.com/sd7b1z
Old 06-01-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
Dont let a life lesson upset you. If she wasn’t in danger, she is learning. If she was in danger, you need to step up to the plate.
I’m sorry you think this way however it is wrong. Girls should not have to deal with men being rude and coming on to them and being creepy, no more than they should have to put up with unwanted touching or worse.

There is acceptable and appropriate behaviour in public and in a work place and I can say without a doubt there are a significant number of instances daily that young women are faced with as cashiers in stores where the opposite happens all to frequently. That is wrong. It is inappropriate. It is rude. It is disrespectful. It is creepy.

It should never happen.

Men that feel this is okay need counseling and psychologist help.

In our society a 16 year old girl should not have to LEARN how to deal with a creep. The person firstly should not be a creep. That should be the focus versus put the blame and or onus on the girl to learn this as a life lesson.

That is unacceptable to me and hopefully everyone else.

Sun
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-01-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanit View Post
Years ago I was standing at a bus stop in DT Vancouver when a drunk guy walked up to me, trying to touch my face. I kept telling him to back off, warning him. He tried touching my face a third time so I did a controlled jump kick right on his chin. I coulda killed him by breaking his neck as I know martial arts but he was a drunk old guy trying to caress my face. I warned him...

Another time a guy was trying to get me to move off a good fishing spot for Coho. He repeatedly kept peeing in front of me, full frontal while looking at me. I just gave him a bored look and kept on fishing.

I am now 56 years old, don't get harrassed anymore being an older quail now, but there were literally dozens of times I've been bothered. I even threatened a boss who was from Lebanon that was getting creepy...said I made him laugh a lot and he wanted to kiss me. I told him try it and you will be peeing blood for weeks. He never fired me but he sure backed off though after he seen a picture of my eldest brother, former cop and prison guard that is well over 6 feet tall, and 300 lbs of real bad temper
Thanks for your perspective. I find it facinating that some guys post and clearly don’t get it. They can’t imagine some of the crap girls and women have to put up with. They blow it off by lumping social potential dating situations off as the creepy attitudes of weirdos.

If only all women could kick a guys head in...I suspect there would be a special place outside some stores where the concrete would have some dudes resting on their backs.

Must say most guys are respectful and nice. But there is a line that some cross and I wish the Four on the Floor... boot to the head would come out every time they open up their yap or give a creepy wink or ask if they want to meet up later.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-01-2020, 01:18 PM

Different women handle unwanted attention in a myriad of ways. Some are very demure and won't stick up for themselves, others are not to be trifled with. Years ago I was dating a woman who managed a pub and she'd bounce dudes by herself, not unlike that little but tough woman in the first Indiana Jones movie. Occasionally I'd be at the bar and give her an eyebrow 'question mark' to inquire if she wanted me to turf someone who was being a jerk, and she'd wave me off. Then I'd witness as she adeptly made that person do whatever she wanted using her wit. Handling lonely drunks is an art to some.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
My female friends talk of this a lot

Guys in their mid 30's and 40's, still playing xbox, zero concept of how to talk to the opposite sex let alone carry through an actual date.....

The art of being able to converse seems to be dying.

Old guys are no exception. Poor communicators, under sexed, realizing their day is over.

Ive seen it first hand with friends. I let them deal with it until they give me "the look", then I step in as the heavy. If the guy touches them, then that changes things for the worse....If he touches her, I get to touch him, so to speak....

I think you are bang on. I'm pretty sure older dudes (or teens, or 40 somethings for that matter) who use creepy come-on's or try to physically intimidate young girls are probably quite sure they're not going to get anywhere. This is merely a very sad attempt at exerting power or control over someone else, because they have no confidence or personal power of their own.

I have two girls and this has happened to them at work and university. As their dad, they know I can't be there all the time but I'm always there to talk with them about any crap that people try. My biggest goal is that my girls don't end up taking on the angst that these weak people try and put on others. I explained it that way to them and I think it helps them recognize what's happening, deal with the situation, and move on unharmed. My youngest was also dorm mates with a few of the U of C Dino football players last year and made a point of going with them whenever they went to a bar or club
Old 06-01-2020, 02:25 PM

Misogyny - when due to being rejected by women, is now apparently a terrorist doctrine - the 'Involuntarily Celibate' - aka 'Incel' movement.

A deadly attack at a Toronto erotic massage parlour three months ago is now being treated as an act of terrorism after police allegedly uncovered evidence it was inspired by misogynist incel ideology.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:54 PM
Banned

To all the guys who’ve basically said it’s no big deal.... ask the women in your life ( if you have any) if they think that.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
To all the guys who’ve basically said it’s no big deal.... ask the women in your life ( if you have any) if they think that.
I've always believed every woman deserves respect, it's only common sense.

Grizz
Old 06-01-2020, 05:45 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
I can't believe there are guys that would actually post that they think it's "no big deal" ...and if those same guys do procreate I sincerely hope they don't raise any boys
Old 06-01-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I’m sorry you think this way however it is wrong. Girls should not have to deal with men being rude and coming on to them and being creepy, no more than they should have to put up with unwanted touching or worse.

There is acceptable and appropriate behaviour in public and in a work place and I can say without a doubt there are a significant number of instances daily that young women are faced with as cashiers in stores where the opposite happens all to frequently. That is wrong. It is inappropriate. It is rude. It is disrespectful. It is creepy.

It should never happen.

Men that feel this is okay need counseling and psychologist help.

In our society a 16 year old girl should not have to LEARN how to deal with a creep. The person firstly should not be a creep. That should be the focus versus put the blame and or onus on the girl to learn this as a life lesson.

That is unacceptable to me and hopefully everyone else.

Sun
Not sure if you snuck ‘blame’ in to justify your position, but you’d be wrong if you thought that women don’t have to be concerned about creeps that shouldn’t be there.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:09 PM

I’m 60 have two grown girls and a granddaughter so I understand the concerns. I grew up in a time when it was normal and acceptable to touch someone’s arm or shoulder when you greet them and talked to them, male or female didn’t matter, a small touch was a sign of caring and respectful affection. I had to learn to stop doing that because of the reasons been talked about here. Sad maybe that, that is now a threat from us old guys, but again I can see in today’s society it’s not the right thing to do.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:31 PM
Banned

When younger guys are getting creeped on by older women.

Society: *Cricket sounds*

When younger girls are getting creeped on by older men

Society: *up and in arms*

Gotta love "equality"