Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-22-2023, 07:15 PM

Default Did anyone know how to use a Multy Choke

Guessing is a brand name, but this is an external, adjustable choke. It has full, improved, modified etc marked on it, but it can do several revolutions, meaning that it passes each option several times.

Do I tightened it down completely and that is full, or loosen it completely and that is open? Or is it not as slick as in thinking and just gives you small variations of the same pattern.

Thanks,

Max
Old 09-22-2023, 09:04 PM

My Poly Chokes and my Lyman adjustable get more open as the dial is screwed out as you would a wood screw.
Cat
Old 09-22-2023, 10:52 PM

Line up the hash marks. Closed is full, turning the cylinder away from the action will get you a more open choke. but like all things in life the hash marks are merely a guide. So to find the pattern that is right for you and your load you will have to play with it a bit. (WARNING don't screw it to far off or it may end up down range) If you watch (with an empty firearm and the action open) the four little petals inside the tube, you can see them open or close as you adjust the choke tube in and out.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 09-23-2023, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Line up the hash marks. Closed is full, turning the cylinder away from the action will get you a more open choke. but like all things in life the hash marks are merely a guide. So to find the pattern that is right for you and your load you will have to play with it a bit. (WARNING don't screw it to far off or it may end up down range) If you watch (with an empty firearm and the action open) the four little petals inside the tube, you can see them open or close as you adjust the choke tube in and out.
Yeah I figured. Just gonna take a bit of playing with. Thanks