Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-21-2023, 06:55 PM

Default Factory Ammunition

I know they are not the same as hand loads but if a person needed them for the range would one brand be better than the other . Hornady American Whitetail 300 win mag 180 Gr. Interlock SP. or Federal 300 win mag non-typical whitetail 180 Gr. soft point . ( Note the name describitions on either don't matter) . Both are similar bullets other than Hornady is a Interlock . Anyone happen to have used either & if so how did either preform as far as grouping is concerned . Thanks
Old 09-21-2023, 07:05 PM

Nobody can know which loads will group well in which rifle. It comes down to trying various loads, and see what happens.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:26 AM

They both make holes in paper with not much expansion....
Old 09-22-2023, 07:25 AM

Default Factory ammunition

Anybody that I know that has used American Whitetail ammo has been very happy with it. They all report great accuracy from various rifles. Hornady Interlok bullets are a time tested projectile that the guys in my hunting camp have used for over 40 years. We’ve killed many, many animals with them and they have treated us well. They are still the bullet of choice when handloading with my 7 mag. Accurate and deadly. I hope this helps you, good luck hunting.