Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-09-2023, 08:17 AM

Default October 30 Amnisty ending

What's happening to the gun amnesty program ?

Its pretty quite....

this from...... publicsafety.gc.ca

An amnesty period is currently in effect and will expire on October 30, 2023. The amnesty is designed to protect individuals or businesses who, at the time the prohibition came into force, were in lawful possession of a newly prohibited firearm, from criminal liability while they take steps to comply with the law.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:45 AM

They have made the gunlaws so ridiculous that the've become meaningless.
I'm going to carry on as I always have.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:00 AM

It's like everything else from the Trudeau government. Big announcements. Drama teacher lecture, virtue signal, lies and misinformation, coupled with complete and utter incompetence on delivering on even the most basic of files. I'll worry about it when everyone in Canada has access to clean drinking water. They will either have to extend the amnesty, again, or face the public spotlight shining on the complete lack of accomplishment to date, despite the expenditure of tens of millions of dollars. There is no mechanism in place to confiscate, store, record, destroy any firearms. There is no agency willing to take on the task or enforce the OIC. There is no 'buyback' figured out.

Complete and utter incompetence. I'm not going to do anything to facilitate their plan.

Really, they just want to endlessly use the gun issue for wedge politics. It's not about actually accomplishing anything.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-09-2023, 09:09 AM

Default Eventually?

It simply means I will be going to prison for doing absolutely nothing wrong.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:45 AM

JT promises a lot, but delivers nothing. People are starting to figure that out.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:28 AM

Selective enforcement, essentially trudopes version of a social credit system. If you are white, male, live west of Toronto and east of Vancouver, the royal gestapo will use it to persecute you.

Or

A last minute extension and some blabbering about how it’s Harpers/Pierre’s fault.
Old 09-09-2023, 12:20 PM

As long as you keep getting a long with your wife or don't call RCMP to your home for help
Old 09-09-2023, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
JT promises a lot, but delivers nothing. People are starting to figure that out.
Too little too late!
Old 09-13-2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
Hey, in his original running platform against Harper he basically promised to tank the economy. People voted for it, and boy did he follow through!
Old 09-13-2023, 12:00 PM

I do not want the confiscation to happen.
I wonder if they actually go ahead with it will it benefit firearm owners even more. As it is under his authority violent crime has increased while the "scary firearm have been locked up" We know those facts are actual facts and not opinions.
He confiscates all these scary firearms. Violent crime with firearms continues to rise. So he proves his confiscation plan failed. Now he may go after more firearms. Note he was already one if not the #1 Canada firearms sales and licensing's person ever. When he talked to about putting in place the restrictions thousands of Canadians went out to buy firearms, ammo and get their license who otherwise would not have bought a firearm before.

Now we have to confiscation done, crime with firearms continues to increase. He has to answer for his failed plan. He gets voted out.

The new Party voted in changes the firearm laws back to common sense laws. Canadian business' have a rush of firearm and associated gear sales.

trudeau gets sued by the firearms community for failure to protect us with his sever change in laws, allowing violent criminals a free pass while shutting down a large safe secure part of a business segment putting thousands out of work across the country. All the while not protecting any Citizen from criminals.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:22 PM

That exact thing happened in the UK and Australia. Laws did not ever get changed back. Now the gangs run the countries and the real stats never see publication
Old 09-15-2023, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
That exact thing happened in the UK and Australia. Laws did not ever get changed back. Now the gangs run the countries and the real stats never see publication

All part of someone’s plan. Got to go get my booster…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 09-16-2023, 09:18 AM

I think that the firearms community is overthinking this. The liberals know that legal firearms owners are not a concern. Never have been, never will be. They are doing all of this for votes. They have a small vocal minority that think guns are evil and don’t recognize, any legitimate use for firearms.
Old 09-16-2023, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post

The liberals know that legal firearms owners are not a concern. Never have been, never will be.
That's the problem... These idiots think the guns are the actual issue, not the people committing crimes with them.

https://youtu.be/X6bbXgUNOws?si=MN_iAa9kqUD4NVnM