Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2024, 06:53 AM

Default Well at least we know what he thinks about those that don't fall into line

What a piece of excrement, we are misguided and falling for PP's lines.

From the National Post

Last week, Trudeau was the featured guest on two U.S. podcasts: Vox’s Today, Explained and Freakonomics Radio, where he outlined his plans to bring “fairness” to the Canadian economy and hold the line against what he framed as a populist uprising.

“I’m not worried about innovation and creativity,” he told Vox against claims that his budget would scare away investment. “I’m worried about people being able to pay their rent and eventually buy a home.”

Trudeau also described Canada as being seized by a focus on “individualism that I think is counterproductive to the kind of world we need to build.”

The Vox interview began with an actor doing a faux Canadian accent and pretending to be a kind of Trudeau-esque superhero. The Freakonomics interview introduced Trudeau as “possibly the most polite prime minister in the world; he most definitely stands on guard for thee.” So it’s clear from the outset that the interviewers only have a cursory knowledge of Canada and its contemporary political situation.

As such, Trudeau was able to get away with claims that even the friendliest of Canadian interviewers wouldn’t have tolerated.

He frames opposition to his government as a form of mass hysteria

Both interviews did note at the outset that Trudeau is polling quite poorly and that he faces likely defeat in the next election. As to why this is happening, Trudeau described his citizenry as being in the grip of a worldwide trend towards irrational populism, and expressed his hope that Canadians would ultimately come to their senses.

“In every democracy we’re seeing a rise in populists with easy answers that don’t necessarily hold up to any expert scrutiny. But a big part of populism is ignoring experts and expertise, so it sort of feeds on itself and relies on a lot of misinformation and disinformation,” he told Vox.

While he never mentions Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre by name, Trudeau says he’s facing opponents who offer naught but “easy shortcuts,” “buzzwords” and “clever TikTok videos.” The Conservatives, he said, are arguing that “everything I’ve done” is “why life is difficult right now.”

“When in actual fact … all those things have made life better in meaningful ways and it would be much worse if we hadn’t done all those things,” he said.

Several times, Trudeau said he “trusted” that Canadians are ultimately going to come to their senses in the next election and remember “who they’ve always been.”

“I’m confident that Canadians are going to remain responsible, ambitious and optimistic about their future,” he said.

Absolutely nothing wrong is his fault

This is a theme that Trudeau has similarly pursued in his domestic interviews: That every decision of his government has been correct and necessary, and that any perceived failure of his leadership is due to external factors beyond his control.

Every politician externalizes failure, but there is not a single acknowledgement in either interview that he has ever made a mistake or had to alter course.

As to what’s causing the problems, Trudeau credits “the hangover from COVID,” “wildfires,” “global inflation” and “wars.”

“People look at the person in charge and say ‘the world’s going to a bad place it must be your fault,’” he told Vox.

The closest he came to acknowledging fault was when he told Freakonomics that temporary immigration (particularly in the realm of temporary foreign workers and foreign students) had surged to unsustainable highs. Given that the federal government has sole discretion over migrant intake — with the exception of in Quebec — this problem is almost entirely on the Trudeau government.

But Trudeau blamed “universities and the provinces” for the influx of foreign students, and “restaurants and convenience stores” for becoming too dependent on foreign workers.

He says he’ll be “a teacher” when he leaves politics

It is very rare for Trudeau to acknowledge a future in which he is not prime minister anymore, but he did hint at such when Freakonomics asked him what he would be doing if he hadn’t gone into politics.

“I would be a teacher, and when I leave politics I will look to teach again in one way, shape or form,” he said, before emphasizing that this won’t be happening for a long time. “I’m ultimately a social activist who’s going to look to how I can have a positive impact on the world. I did it as a teacher, I’m doing it now as a politician.”

He’s accused of endorsing the “false accusations” of the unmarked graves controversy

Ironically, it was in the midst of an otherwise softball interview that Freakonomics actually threw a question at Trudeau that he’s never really had to answer in Canada. Interviewer Stephen J. Dubner referenced the 2021 unmarked graves controversy, in which Canada was seized by the alleged discovery of hundreds of previously unknown graves at the site of former Indian Residential School.
While the schools did indeed feature outsized rates of student death (many of whom were buried onsite), the hundreds of supposed new discoveries in 2021 were largely a mixture of known graves whose markers had rotted or been removed, and anomalies found by ground-penetrating radar that have not been archaeologically confirmed as graves.

“You endorsed what turned out to be that false accusation,” Dubner told Trudeau.

But Dubner didn’t pursue the question any further after Trudeau responded with a brief history of Indian Residential Schools and said “there’s a lot of work we’re actually trying to do to identify those remains.”

He decries framing opposing views as illegitimate (while emphasizing that his own defeat would destroy Canada)

At the end of several minutes of describing his Conservative opponents as threats to the basic fabric of the country, Trudeau suddenly switched gears to decry a toxic political environment in which citizens can no longer tolerate being governed by someone with opposing views.

Speaking to Vox, the prime minister said that voters in both Canada and the U.S. had tragically lost touch with a time when they could be comfortable under the rule of a politician they hadn’t personally supported. Rather, he said they had fallen a “really scary” scenario of “if someone you didn’t support becomes leader, then your life is over and the economy is ruined and there’s an illegitimacy there.”

Since we’re on the subject, it wasn’t only Poilievre that Trudeau framed as a threat to Canadian identity. In his Freakonomics interview, Trudeau agreed with the interviewer’s suggestion that his predecessor, Conservative prime minister Stephen Harper, had been “un-Canadian.”

“It’s an accurate read, it’s just one that we tend to minimize … because we’re polite,” he said, accusing Harper of having pursued an agenda of “far-right incrementalism.”

In the middle of a speech about democracy, he absent-mindedly unplugged his mic

It was in the midst of Trudeau’s “illegitimacy” speech — right when he was starting to blame the whole phenomenon on Russia — that his microphone suddenly cut out.

“Quite frankly, it’s one of those things that our authoritarian opponents or adversaries, from Russia to a whole bunch of different countries, actively encourage —” he said, just before the line went dead.

The culprit? While warning about Russian disinformation destroying Canadian democracy, Trudeau had been absent-mindedly fiddling with the connection on his microphone.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-30-2024, 07:05 AM

Biden may have dementia, Trudeau is just an arrogant idiot. And the people that voted for the liberal/ndp mafia, are just as clueless as Trudeau.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:13 AM

He's showed over the years and continues to show that he was and is not a fan of Canada or Canadians. He does not want Canada or Canadians to prosper.

BW
Old 04-30-2024, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Biden may have dementia, Trudeau is just an arrogant idiot. And the people that voted for the liberal/ndp mafia, are just as clueless as Trudeau.
He is no idiot. He knows exactly every thing he does, and what it's leading to. It's all on purpose. He is a true globalist.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irina View Post
He is no idiot. He knows exactly every thing he does, and what it's leading to. It's all on purpose. He is a true globalist.
He is a puppet, that does what he is told, he isn't smart enough to think for himself. His globalist masters do the thinking for him.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:50 AM

I can say as a person who has recently filed for patent rights that if my concept gets some traction no way in hell am I going to stay in kanada. also, as a farmer with some real estate holdings I am very concerned about a "fair and equitable" capital gains/beneficiary tax when the property changes hands. I spent the best years of my life working to pay it off so I could have financial security later in life. hundreds of thousands of dollars paid in interest and then watch the government steal as much as they can? why waste my life working to put away seeds and nuts for winter only to lose it with a stroke of a pen?
Old 04-30-2024, 07:55 AM

Quote:
He is a puppet, that does what he is told, he isn't smart enough to think for himself. His globalist masters do the thinking for him.
Mr Shwab was particularly proud of young justin trudea, and stated that the WEF has penetrated over half of the Canadian cabinet.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:56 AM

Mark me down as Not A True Canadian then, once again. I'm surprised he went so far as to try and tarnish former PM Harper with that brush.

The bastard son of Castro is the most divisive, corrosive, corrupt and incompetent PM Canada has ever had, not even close. The scary part is, he actually believes himself. Read Thomas Sowell's 'Vision of the Anointed', it will help you understand what makes him tick.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-30-2024, 08:19 AM

This from a guy who admires China, doesn’t think in monetary terms, believes the budget will balance itself……….
If you disagree with him calls you a miss guided nazi extremist.

The entire world has had enough of this *******.

BW
Old 04-30-2024, 08:23 AM

He's a complete narcissist that is absolutely convinced his is right and absolutely fails to accept any responsibility for anything.

He is all about being inclusive and tolerant, but if you dare to disagree, he goes ballistic, because he's right and you're wrong!

If borrowing and spending money made you smart, he would be considered a genius.

What a sad legacy for our country.........
Old 04-30-2024, 08:28 AM

He's an international embarrassment.

We were watching some clips from Sky News Australia, and the newscasters there have such little regard for him that they actually turned his name into a verb.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:35 AM

The truly sad thing is that so many people blame Trudeau, when the real problem, is the people that keep voting for his party. Without votes, Trudeau would never have been put in a situation where he could do what he is doing to our country. Yet the same fools keep voting liberal, and then blame Trudeau, when they are the real cause of everything that he does.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:40 AM

Quote:
The truly sad thing is that so many people blame Trudeau, when the real problem, is the people that keep voting for his party. Without votes, Trudeau would never have been put in a situation where he could do what he is doing to our country. Yet the same fools keep voting liberal, and then blame Trudeau, when they are the real cause of everything that he does.
Unless they cheated him in like down in the states. There is so much proof that Biden was cheated. Watch a documentary called "let my people go" on rumble. It's unreal. Wouldn't be a stretch to find out later he was cheated in.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:59 AM

UnCanadian is stating that "There is no core identity, no mainstream in Canada,'' while embarking on an agenda that neglects the country and it's citizens. Trudeau alone revived dormant resentments that had largely faded following his father's departure. He and his father set Canada against itself and then he feigns bewilderment while blaming Conservatives for Canadians losing their senses.

This man's hubris knows no bounds.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Jagmeat and the dippers are just as much to blame this last go-round. As with lil' castro and those that voted him in, the blame also falls on those that vote for the dippers, federally and provincially. They have cost me a great deal (not just monetary), and for that I despise them
Old 04-30-2024, 09:03 AM

Default If you want to win...

As opposed to just being right. You will have to get these people you are calling idiots to vote for your party.

If insulting their intelligence will help keep it up, if not try to think of ways to get them to elect one of your candidates.

You are not required to like the PM but thinking that he is stupid is thegreatest mistake that you can make in an election... underestimating your opponent!

Be careful, you have a real chance this time. Don't blow it!
Old 04-30-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Be careful, you have a real chance this time. Don't blow it!
But do we? Even PP was bowing his knee to the Khalistanis yesterday...
Old 04-30-2024, 10:09 AM

Just listened to the morning news.....no one drove an arrow thru Trudeau today yet......best check the news at 6 with fingers crossed
Old 04-30-2024, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Just listened to the morning news.....no one drove an arrow thru Trudeau today yet......best check the news at 6 with fingers crossed
Bottle of Pendleton Midnight on standby...
Old 04-30-2024, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I keep hoping today is the day he goes in to sign the MAID forms for a quick exit

Surely after the Capital Gains tax there will be doctors lining up to sign off for him.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:21 AM

Trudeau's government just emphasizes the idea that the most dangerous person is someone who is convince they are the only one who knows how to save the world.

As much as I despise his government and believe he has done tremendous damage to this country I really do wish people would tone down their rhetoric.

Unfortunately we sound no different than those we wish to oppose.

This election will be won by convincing people that there is a plan and the next will be won by executing the plan skillfully.

Name calling has gotten us no where except for 9 years of watching our country be driven into the gutter.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailraat View Post
Trudeau's government just emphasizes the idea that the most dangerous person is someone who is convince they are the only one who knows how to save the world.

As much as I despise his government and believe he has done tremendous damage to this country I really do wish people would tone down their rhetoric.

Unfortunately we sound no different than those we wish
to oppose.

This election will be won by convincing people that there is a plan and the next will be won by executing the plan skillfully.
Name calling has gotten us no where except for 9 years of watching our country be driven into the gutter.
The election may be won with a paid off media, foreign interference, and any other tactic, illegal or otherwise the liberals can think of.
And it certainly wasn't name calling that got Canada into this situation.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:10 PM

I am at the point that I do not want to hear what he says or see his ugly face on tv or my iPad screen. Just thinking of him makes me angry. I consider him a syphilis or gonorrhea of this country. Canada got screwed 10 years ago and we got him…. But the treatment is coming!
Old 04-30-2024, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted canuck View Post
mark me down as not a true canadian then, once again. I'm surprised he went so far as to try and tarnish former pm harper with that brush.

The bastard son of castro is the most divisive, corrosive, corrupt and incompetent pm canada has ever had, not even close. The scary part is, he actually believes himself. Read thomas sowell's 'vision of the anointed', it will help you understand what makes him tick.
x100
Old 04-30-2024, 09:33 PM

He suffers from delusions of grandeur.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-30-2024, 09:35 PM

Trudeau has every characteristic of a narcissist. He was wrong once but it wasn't his fault.

I guess his idea of "fairness" with the capital gains tax and inheritance tax is that I won't be able to hand the farm (that I have busted my ass to pay for with two jobs for the last 27 years) to my kids as they won't be able to cover the taxes without selling it off. The only people who will be able to afford land in the near future will be the Hutterites, Bill Gates, and farmers who have sold out in Europe.

Gerry Burnie
Old 04-30-2024, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailraat View Post

Unfortunately we sound no different than those we wish to oppose.

LOL and the Lieberals never use slander or call their opponents names? Hummm Fringe minority, racists, misodynistic, MAGA, spineless the list goes on. Yes the Lieberals are so "polite" when they insult Canadians. But you are correct, people have finally had enough of the insults, from the Buffon and his mindless sock puppets.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irina View Post
Yes!!! It is all in the plan. Trudeau is an EVIL globalist. Arm yourselves people.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
He suffers from delusions of grandeur.
he doesnt suffer from it, he revels in it. I bet his bathroom mirror has a worn spot where he kisses himself every day. Like Freelands lip prints on his ass, no wonder shes twitchy she doesnt get to kiss it 24/7

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-02-2024, 04:11 PM

Quote:
The ones who vote liberal and NDP are only part of the problem. Those who think not voting as a sign of protest are as much to blame for the situation we are in. You get one chance to help bring change. Please don't squander it.