Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Banned

Default New threads

Still on the fence whether I like the green or the black better on this bow, but I made a trip out to see Lawrence again yesterday and had him set me up with a new set of threads.

In typical bow whisperer fashion, he swapped out my strings and cables and my first shot out of the bow had a perfect bullet hole through the paper.

Before:

After:

I left a bow with Lawrence, a Carbon Defiant Turbo 60-70# with #2 cams in mint shape if anyone is interested in purchasing a like new Carbon Defiant Turbo.
(It's the one on the left)

Last edited by Kurt505; 03-11-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:42 AM

Green looks real good bud! I need to make a trip out to see Lawrence again soon.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:38 PM

I like the Black.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:39 AM

I am not really fond of the look of a solid colored string. A green/black string on that bow would look awesome. But that is fairly expensive to just change the look a little. Great bow, I shot 1 at Lawrence's a couple weeks ago and if I purchased 1 with a solid green string, I would not change it just because of the color.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:52 AM

Sweet bows Kurt! I do like the green string. Thx for posting...Please stop though as i love by CD 34 and don't really need, but do want the redwrx!!!
Old 03-15-2018, 08:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I am not really fond of the look of a solid colored string. A green/black string on that bow would look awesome. But that is fairly expensive to just change the look a little. Great bow, I shot 1 at Lawrence's a couple weeks ago and if I purchased 1 with a solid green string, I would not change it just because of the color.
Some people put fancy wheels on their cars, some wear fancy jeans, some people smoke and go to the bar. I buy guns and bows, and if I want fancy accessories I buy those too.

Some people only have one bow, I'm going to buy another one today!

Last edited by Kurt505; 03-15-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:21 AM

Looks good to me!
Old 03-15-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Some people put fancy wheels on their cars, some wear fancy jeans, some people smoke and go to the bar. I buy guns and bows, and if I want fancy accessories I buy those too.

Some people only have one bow, I'm going to buy another one today!
Awesome, which 1 are you getting?
Old 03-15-2018, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Awesome, which 1 are you getting?
Triax
Old 03-15-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Triax
I just bought one myself.....that bow blew my doors off....such a stealthy little killer.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T View Post
I just bought one myself.....that bow blew my doors off....such a stealthy little killer.
Well, I've been shooting the one at Lawrence's shop all day and I gotta say it's right up there with the RX1 Turbo. Only about 6 or 7fps difference in speed, draw cycle is similar but a bit smoother transfer into the valley on the Triax though. The big difference is after the shot

I haven't liked anything Mathews has put out in years. The Halon was a nice step for them but this Triax really is the nicest bow Mathews has made in quite a while. I tried out a whack of bows this year, Hoyt, Prime, Elite, PSE, Bowtech, and the Mathews lines and I really think it's between the RX1 Turbo and the Triax. A really close contender was the Bowtech Realm, that bow really impressed me as well. What the deal maker was for me was the 28" ata of the Triax. Most people don't like short ata bows but I've always shot them well with a 29" draw length.

I got one in Stone that will be here hopefully by next Friday. Can't wait to fling some arrows!
Old 03-15-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Well, I've been shooting the one at Lawrence's shop all day and I gotta say it's right up there with the RX1 Turbo. Only about 6 or 7fps difference in speed, draw cycle is similar but a bit smoother transfer into the valley on the Triax though. The big difference is after the shot

I haven't liked anything Mathews has put out in years. The Halon was a nice step for them but this Triax really is the nicest bow Mathews has made in quite a while. I tried out a whack of bows this year, Hoyt, Prime, Elite, PSE, Bowtech, and the Mathews lines and I really think it's between the RX1 Turbo and the Triax. A really close contender was the Bowtech Realm, that bow really impressed me as well. What the deal maker was for me was the 28" ata of the Triax. Most people don't like short ata bows but I've always shot them well with a 29" draw length.

I got one in Stone that will be here hopefully by next Friday. Can't wait to fling some arrows!

Congrats on the Triax. Lawrence said he was getting 1 in. That is quite a killer combo, maybe the 2 most talked about bow's on Archery Talk are the Triax and RX1. Actually this year has been really good for everyone. Realm is getting great reviews, Ritual is best Elite ever so I am told, PSE went crazy with speed/lite weight with a smooth draw, and Prime introduced their first split limb which I shot and really liked. Heck of a year!

All these great bows this year and silly me just bought a Reign 6 in 70lbs. Never thought I would own a Bowtech but I never shot a bow that felt more comfortable and natural even compared to the Realm . Should be here next week and I can't wait to start flinging arrows.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Congrats on the Triax. Lawrence said he was getting 1 in. That is quite a killer combo, maybe the 2 most talked about bow's on Archery Talk are the Triax and RX1. Actually this year has been really good for everyone. Realm is getting great reviews, Ritual is best Elite ever so I am told, PSE went crazy with speed/lite weight with a smooth draw, and Prime introduced their first split limb which I shot and really liked. Heck of a year!

All these great bows this year and silly me just bought a Reign 6 in 70lbs. Never thought I would own a Bowtech but I never shot a bow that felt more comfortable and natural even compared to the Realm . Should be here next week and I can't wait to start flinging arrows.
Bowtech makes a really good bow, and now that they're making their limbs in house they're way higher quality imo.

Between Jimbows and Accurate Archery I'm pretty sure I've tried all the flagship bows from Bowtech, Darton, Elite, Hoyt, Mathews, Prime, and PSE. The one I figured I wanted the most didn't even make it on my top 5 list.

It's kind of funny, years ago I was trying to talk Lawrence out of shooting his Mathews bows and switch to Hoyt. It took a while but I finally did it. Now I'm trying to talk him into shooting a Mathews! He has a few Hoyt's lined up right now but I bet it won't be long and he'll have a new Triax hanging up with his Hoyt's.

Anyone curious about trying the new Triax I suggest they head out and see Lawrence, he's got one in Under Armor Forest there, make sure you bring cash though because after you shoot it you'll probably want to buy it!!!

It's no RX1 but it's pretty sweet for an aluminum bow!!! Lol.

Last edited by Kurt505; 03-15-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:01 PM

Default new threads

Nock on!! John Dudley would be proud LOL

Looks really good BTW