Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Some people are kinda delicate. It has nothing to do with physiology. It does have however have to psychology.........
My 55cc Husky chain saw is also delicate, revs out much better/much more efficient without
that exhaust restrictor screening/mask installed.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:16 PM

Default Masks

As a hearing impaired person?

Masks are making my life an absolute living nightmare.

I've navigated most of my life without feeling disabled, because I lip read extremely well.

That's been taken from me and I've been more or less completely lost.

It sucks, and you know what?

I still don't complain about it (Save this post apparently), because I recognize the necessity.

If *ANYONE* has a right to complain about it, it's me.

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC
Old 10-27-2020, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty-30 View Post

I've navigated most of my life without feeling disabled, because I lip read extremely well.

I still don't complain about it (Save this post apparently), because I recognize the necessity.

Well said!
Old 10-27-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
Most guys on here wear a mask or face covering while they are out hunting but as soon as someone tells them they have to wear one they stomp their feet and have a tantrum
Wait, what? Is that why I haven’t shot any record animals? I have never worn or encountered another hunter wearing a mask. Is this for real? Do all you guys wear masks hunting?
Old 10-27-2020, 02:33 PM

When are you guys going to quit buying the ongoing misinformation. NONE of the original forecasts for transmission or death came remotely close to what actually happened. None of the revised projections have come true either. Sweden has clearly proven that u don't need to lockdown or wear masks. There are now thousands of doctors, including award winning epidemiologists who are pushing back hard on these restrictions. More people are dying from the effects of the lock downs than ever died from Covid. At what point does the reality of what is actually happening start to outweigh the hysterical fear being spread by the media and gov appoint health advisors who are clearly proving they are far from experts.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:02 PM

My main issue with the mask is that Susie from down the street, or so and so wasn't given any requirements or standards to abide by for making a mask that is actually going to do anything.

***Takes old T-shirt that has been through the wash 70 times, cuts it and forms mask***

***Johnnys wife takes brand new T-shirt and makes a mask***

Are these doing the same job? I would think one is a lot thinner than the other.

Sure N95 masks were recommended but you dont see nearly as many of them as you do "stylish" cloth ones. We look better but we aint doing sh!t with them. Sorry
Old 10-27-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
When are you guys going to quit buying the ongoing misinformation. NONE of the original forecasts for transmission or death came remotely close to what actually happened. None of the revised projections have come true either. Sweden has clearly proven that u don't need to lockdown or wear masks. There are now thousands of doctors, including award winning epidemiologists who are pushing back hard on these restrictions. More people are dying from the effects of the lock downs than ever died from Covid. At what point does the reality of what is actually happening start to outweigh the hysterical fear being spread by the media and gov appoint health advisors who are clearly proving they are far from experts.
Canadians.... "if it saves one life" it's worth loosing our rights. It will be so easy for Lieberals to ban all guns.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Wait, what? Is that why I haven’t shot any record animals? I have never worn or encountered another hunter wearing a mask. Is this for real? Do all you guys wear masks hunting?
Uh, yeah of course. It's the only way to hunt. Never worry about trail cams, spotting scopes, etc. Just wear your mask, shoot where you please, "borrow" atv's to get your animal out, basically run the bush with impunity.......its like living without a face or fingerprints!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2020, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Or is it because Alberta locked down hard and fast, and people followed the rules that we have 300 deaths with a population of about 4,000,000 compared to Quebec’s 6000 deaths with only twice our population?
Old 10-27-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
You just always have to weigh in with common sense and knowledge, don't you? Fine then, I agree again.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-27-2020, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Or is it because Alberta locked down hard and fast, and people followed the rules that we have 300 deaths with a population of about 4,000,000 compared to Quebec’s 6000 deaths with only twice our population?
Their numbers are high only because of the poor managment and understaffed retirement homes. General population did not suffer any more than in other provinces.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:03 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
they make winter hunting crocs!?
https://www.amazon.ca/DAWGS-Mossy-Fl...54552282&psc=1

Attachment 168269

sorry for the derail but this thread will end up as most regarding covid, masks etc....nothing like a nice pair of crocs for any occasion.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71DoBBPWPVL._AC_UY500_.jpg (70.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg foam-205377_280-chocolate.jpg (70.6 KB, 15 views)

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...

Last edited by 58thecat; 10-27-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:32 PM

Just read that AHS has mandated all people out in the public must now put their right thumb up their ass and keep it there until they get home. Science has determined that farts transmit the virus and this to stop that from happening.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Uh, yeah of course. It's the only way to hunt. Never worry about trail cams, spotting scopes, etc. Just wear your mask, shoot where you please, "borrow" atv's to get your animal out, basically run the bush with impunity.......its like living without a face or fingerprints!!!!!!!
Looking at your avatar, I only see half a mask! And, it looks to be riding a bit high.

Last edited by brazeau; 10-27-2020 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbra View Post
Just read that AHS has mandated all people out in the public must now put their right thumb up their ass and keep it there until they get home. Science has determined that farts transmit the virus and this to stop that from happening.
I for one approve of that. Now I can expect to see you with your literal thumb up your ass at work, instead of just your figurative thumb.

And I won't even talk about the benefits of plugging your farts....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-27-2020, 04:36 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
you first.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-27-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Maybe that will help some people decide which mask to buy. A surprised mask, a pain mask, or maybe a happy mask. Would make for quite a sight, especially for those that are riding their bicycles.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeprli View Post
Their numbers are high only because of the poor managment and understaffed retirement homes. General population did not suffer any more than in other provinces.
And how do you suggest we keep it our of the retirement homes and hospitals if we don't take proper measures?
The people in these facilities became infected from family and staff.
So...stop family visits...kind of draconian.
And what about the staff...all those younger people in health care (thousands in every province)...quarantine them as well?
Old 10-27-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty-30 View Post

Good post, and you are one of the very few that have been legitimately negatively effected by masks . With any luck we'll have a vaccine sometime in 2021 and everything will be back some what to normal.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Better yet, compare virtually every state in the US with the provnce next to it.
BC total cases 13,500 vs Washington at 108,000.
The same goes for virtually every state.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
yes, but they also said they won't be issuing fines, only warnings in extreme cases of non-compliance. So, carry on. just ease up on the pickled eggs a bit is essentially all they're asking.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Very well said! Too bad so many people these days are so scared of their own shadows.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Better yet, compare virtually every state in the US with the provnce next to it.
Gosh, now I am terrified again.

Old 10-27-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Gosh, now I am terrified again.
You might be if you ever watched someone die on a vent.....
Old 10-27-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I might be. But so far every single family member who has had the Covid has recovered. Most had mild symptoms. One BIL was quite sick but recovered and is fine now. Without getting into particulars, we have had about 45 cases in the extended family, in Canada and Bolivia....., and everyone recovered and is fine now.

But, this is just anecdotal. Feel free to be terrified and spread the fear.

Old 10-27-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Do you believe that population density has any bearing on the number of people infected? How about the testing rate? Could it be that there are more hospitalizations in Washington and the rest of the US due to the sheer number of private healthcare facilities? I'm not sure if these factors weigh in, but I believe that they do.

Washington pop density around 41 people per sq km
BC pop density 4.8 people per sq km

Washington testing rate 311000/million
BC testing rate 117000/million
Old 10-27-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Fear fear fear fear...it's so old...heck of a lot of folks died 'because' of said ventilators.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
Do you believe that population density has any bearing on the number of people infected? How about the testing rate? Could it be that there are more hospitalizations in Washington and the rest of the US due to the sheer number of private healthcare facilities? I'm not sure if these factors weigh in, but I believe that they do.

I'm sure density plays some part in it, but some areas with much higher densities have done much better than the US. Attitude plays a much larger part. It can't be attributed to testing as their death rate is also over10x what ours is.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Fear fear fear fear...it's so old...heck of a lot of folks died 'because' of said ventilators.
That's ridiculous......
Old 10-27-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post

Quote:
I'm sure density plays some part in it, but some areas with much higher densities have done much better than the US. Attitude plays a much larger part. It can't be attributed to testing as their death rate is also over10x what ours is.
There you go, we're 10x better and should worry 10x less I'm trying to do my part.