Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2020, 01:01 PM
Banned

Question How Dare You?

One crisp winter morning in Sweden, a cute little girl named Greta woke up to a perfect world, one where there were no petroleum products ruining the earth. She tossed aside her cotton sheet and wool blanket and stepped out onto a dirt floor covered with willow bark that had been pulverized with rocks. “What’s this?” she asked.
“Pulverized willow bark,” replied her fairy godmother.
“What happened to the carpet?” she asked.
“The carpet was nylon, which is made from butadiene and hydrogen cyanide, both made from petroleum,” came the response.

Greta smiled, acknowledging that adjustments are necessary to save the planet, and moved to the sink to brush her teeth where instead of a toothbrush, she found a willow, mangled on one end to expose wood fibre bristles.
“Your old toothbrush?” noted her godmother, “Also nylon.”

“Where’s the water?” asked Greta.
“Down the road in the canal,” replied her godmother, ‘Just make sure you avoid water with cholera in it”
“Why’s there no running water?” Greta asked, becoming a little peevish.
“Well,” said her godmother, who happened to teach engineering at MIT, “Where do we begin?” There followed a long monologue about how sink valves need elastomer seats and how copper pipes contain copper, which has to be mined and how it’s impossible to make all-electric earth-moving equipment with no gear lubrication or tires and how ore has to be smelted to a make metal, and that’s tough to do with only electricity as a source of heat, and even if you use only electricity, the wires need insulation, which is petroleum-based, and though most of Sweden’s energy is produced in an environmentally friendly way because of hydro and nuclear, if you do a mass and energy balance around the whole system, you still need lots of petroleum products like lubricants and nylon and rubber for tires and asphalt for filling potholes and wax and iPhone plastic and elastic to hold your underwear up while operating a copper smelting furnace and . . .

“What’s for breakfast?” interjected Greta, whose head was hurting.
"Fresh, range-fed chicken eggs,” replied her godmother. “Raw.”
“How so, raw?” inquired Greta.
“Well, . . .” And once again, Greta was told about the need for petroleum products like transformer oil and scores of petroleum products essential for producing metals for frying pans and in the end was educated about how you can’t have a petroleum-free world and then cook eggs. Unless you rip your front fence up and start a fire and carefully cook your egg in an orange peel like you do in Boy Scouts. Not that you can find oranges in Sweden anymore.

“But I want poached eggs like my Aunt Tilda makes,” lamented Greta.
“Tilda died this morning,” the godmother explained. “Bacterial pneumonia.”
“What?!” interjected Greta. “No one dies of bacterial pneumonia! We have penicillin.”
“Not anymore,” explained godmother “The production of penicillin requires chemical extraction using isobutyl acetate, which, if you know your organic chemistry, is petroleum-based. Lots of people are dying, which is problematic because there’s not any easy way of disposing of the bodies since backhoes need hydraulic oil and crematoriums can’t really burn many bodies using as fuel Swedish fences and furniture, which are rapidly disappearing - being used on the black market for roasting eggs and staying warm.”

This represents only a fraction of Greta’s day, a day without microphones to exclaim into and a day without much food, and a day without carbon-fibre boats to sail in, but a day that will save the planet.

Tune in tomorrow when Greta needs a root canal and learns how Novocain is synthesized.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:04 PM

Yeah, she is clueless

A puppet

And her followers are just as pathetic

Give her the Time cover. They gave it to Hitler and Stalin too. Big deal.

She wouldnt last two minutes in the world she is forced to push onto others.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:07 PM

Angry & ignorant is not cute!

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend

Last edited by teledogs; 10-27-2020 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:44 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg EMAZQrqW4AIa4gL.jpg (61.8 KB, 257 views)
Old 10-27-2020, 03:00 PM

Default her parents

Are failed leftist treehuggers that are exploiting her 30 seconds of fame.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:24 PM

Quite frankly this should be targeted at her hippy parents who have no clue.

They have influenced, and raised, a young lady and scared her.

The reason she reacts the way she does is that she does have some mental illness as I understand it - and, as a result, this kid compulsively laments and tirelessly labors herself with this burden of worry her parents put into her.

Hate to pick on a mentally ill kid.

Her parents need to be straightened out. Shame on them - and I mean it. How could you do that to "a" kid never mind your "own" kid.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:28 PM

I was thinking Inog had gotten ahold of another HDY Greta gif,

it is not as nice, makes a point though lol.

I imagine many have already seen it

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-27-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

The reason she reacts the way she does is that she does have some mental illness as I understand it - and, as a result, this kid compulsively laments and tirelessly labors herself with this burden of worry her parents put into her.

Her parents need to be straightened out. Shame on them - and I mean it. How could you do that to "a" kid never mind your "own" kid.
This.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:

She has said herself she is not mentally ill.

I would not be surprised if that wasn't made up too, to make people more sympathetic to her cause.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-27-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:

Nailed it ^^^^^^^^^^ Thanks

Dodger
Old 10-27-2020, 05:12 PM

Ha HA too funny. Good report!!!! Where is she now? Just like Turdope can only fill us with a certain amount KKK-RRAP. Not even a Damn it Janet it's a full off "KAREN" move. Really people? How can you put up with dis Chit????
Old 10-28-2020, 01:34 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

This kid needed a smack a long time ago for stepping out of line....ohhh spanking not aloud and now look at this product....what a beauty eh!

She will never have younguns as she will them too.....
That's a good thing....

Scarey child.....and confused....or is she

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...