Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-25-2019, 08:44 PM

I give most of my carbs to Splenda, love my 6 cups a coffee
A day.

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 05-04-2019, 12:57 PM

Went through a slow period. Down 34 pounds now.

Starting to limit fats.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-04-2019, 02:15 PM

Started yesterday. 260 lbs. Looking to get down to 210-215.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:30 PM

When I started in January my pants were 42 waist and very snug. All my shirts were xxl. Just bought 2 pairs of 36 waist jeans and a couple size large shirts Feels pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2019, 07:08 PM
Banned

OUTSTANDING results DC
Old 05-04-2019, 07:13 PM

2+ weeks in and followed it pretty religiously.
Down about 6 lbs, sometimes 8 lbs depending on the day.
Sleep and mood greatly improved.

Today we had our first big cheat meal...pizza. I had about 20 Doritos an hour before. The cramps I have right now are insane. I’m scared of what’s going to happen later.

This happen to anyone on here?

Definitely back to the plan tomorrow AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwee6 View Post

Today we had our first big cheat meal...pizza. I had about 20 Doritos an hour before. The cramps I have right now are insane. I’m scared of what’s going to happen later.

You can stick to the plan by making your own pizza KETO style
Google FATHEAD pizza KETO or follow this recipe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCjA...LNJwXnGsNwrXlw
We have pizza at least once a week
Old 05-04-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwee6 View Post

Oh yes, its your body telling you *Buckle up, its comin out* lol

If I have a cheat meal like that it is normally not worth it. Inflammation starts, old injuries start hurting, blood pressure goes up etc
Old 05-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Banned

Usual complaints from KETO peeps is how much they miss bread Well I have some real "go-to" keto bread recipes, here is the latest one, just made it 45 mins ago...awesome
http://www.thehungryelephant.ca/2019...s2WZLq4B0Xu0qg
Old 05-05-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedCaper View Post
When I started in January my pants were 42 waist and very snug. All my shirts were xxl. Just bought 2 pairs of 36 waist jeans and a couple size large shirts Feels pretty good!

My clothing is all too big now also. Dropped 6 belt holes.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-07-2019, 09:07 AM

Since being on the diet it helped with acid reflux plus not sure if connected but snoring went away.

Down 36 now.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:14 AM

Day 3 and I am down 7 lbs. It has been relatively easy and don't mind eating meat, eggs and veggies all the time. But I am running out of my deer sticks fast.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:07 AM

Started a non Keto food allotment thing today.

Last edited by omega50; 05-07-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Since being on the diet it helped with acid reflux plus not sure if connected but snoring went away.

Down 36 now.

That’s definitely a few belt holes!

Old 05-07-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedCaper View Post
That’s definitely a few belt holes!

Darn doc today said cholesterol is up. Need to cut back on fats and coffee now.

Still have lost a ton of weight in short order. Weight is good now. A bit more trimming but nothing major.

Definitely worth it and recommend a physical before starting and follow up blood work at 3 months.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:

Still have lost a ton of weight in short order. Weight is good now. A bit more trimming but nothing major.

Definitely worth it and recommend a physical before starting and follow up blood work at 3 months.

When I was looking into this last fall I kept coming across recommendations to only do it for 2-3 months. That being the reason why. Good on you to monitor it!

I did it just over 3 months and transitioned to what I call a low carb diet a couple weeks ago. I’m still eating mostly my keto meals, but adding a bit of rice or some potatoes with every other meal or so. There’s no way I can go back to the way I ate, or the weight will come back. But carbs are important as well. I’ve also added jogging 3 times a week so far to my regimen. I’m still losing, just much slower. But this keto certainly did its job knocking off 43lbs!!!

Old 05-07-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:

Need to find a doc familiar with the way of life called keto. The cholesterol thing is normal especially when newer to this way of eating. Tons of research online about it. I follow the group that uses scientific evidence as backing and they have done alot of research on the cholesterol side
Old 05-07-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
Need to find a doc familiar with the way of life called keto. The cholesterol thing is normal especially when newer to this way of eating. Tons of research online about it. I follow the group that uses scientific evidence as backing and they have done alot of research on the cholesterol side
I guess the question is can I maintain weight now and therefore is Keto necessary or is a reduced calorie low carb diet doable?
Old 05-07-2019, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/...f2i5mi8uf3eGcg
Have a read through
Old 05-08-2019, 05:49 AM

45 lbs. down since feb. no more acid reflux, better sleep, less hungry , and brain fog cleared up. Down 2 pant sizes , and XL to L shirts again.
Feel like I'm 30 again.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiwa View Post
45 lbs. down since feb. no more acid reflux, better sleep, less hungry , and brain fog cleared up. Down 2 pant sizes , and XL to L shirts again.
Feel like I'm 30 again.
That is why I stay eating like I do. Its a way of life not a fad diet.

I have cheated once in a while and doing that will quickly remind you why you do not eat bad carbs and bad food.

It is amazing how joints and old injuries hurt when eating like crap but when I started keto it all went away, no more waking up 10 times through the night, no more soreness from old injuries and the energy I have is amazing.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:05 AM

Thought I would add my story. Been following this thread since 1/2 thru April just before Easter. Decided that I will give it a try after asking a few members on here a couple of questions and hitting YouTube and webpages for more info.

Day 23 and I weighed in this morning at 30 pounds down so far. Had to re due all my bad eating habits and start fresh.

I am a type 2 Diabetic and my AIC (3 month average fasting blood sugar level) was 6.9 and slowly rising. The doctor was concerned in March and put me on 4 Metformin pills a day up from 2 to try and stabilize me. After starting my diet I was getting dizzy very easily and after checking my blood sugars I was very low. So I cut out the 4 pills a day and went back to 2 pills and feel better. My blood sugars first thing in the morning have been averaging 4.8 to 5.6 which is way down from 6.5 -7.5 before.

The first week was really rough for me. Constant headache, felt like I was in a fog and suffering from withdrawal from bread and oatmeal and milk etc. They call if the Keto flu and mine was more like Keto plague and it was horrible.

I started to walk 5 miles a night after supper when I can and no snacking. Lunch time is more of a formality now as I am not starved to make it to noon. In fact sometimes my lunch will consist of tomatoes and some celery with dressing if I am hungry.

My daughter moved back home after a divorce last year and she is loving the new diet because she is celiac and Keto diet is basically gluten free.

Lots of benefits so far and total body weight is down 10%.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:34 PM

So I’ve been reading this keto thread for a while now ... and my old man who is in his 60’s and borderline diabetic started the keto diet to the point he might as well be a spokesman for the fad diet now preaching carbs are the devil. I researched it and it has some good Benifits for sure but as far as I’m concerned nothing is like good old excercise and a balanced diet . I started running everyday for half an hour and cut out beer consumption (carbs I know ) and I’ve lost 25 pounds in a month and a half , and I still ate all the bread , pasta , whatever I want . I just cut down the amount... and not by a lot . And I feel great . The way I looked at it there’s no way I could cut out bread and carbs . So I changed a lifestyle and exercised instead of just dieting . Food for thought .

I’m not bashing the keto diet ... because some people need to do it for sure .
Exercise is the way to go .
Old 05-13-2019, 05:24 PM

Down 38 lbs now since start of Feb
Old 05-14-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Down 38 lbs now since start of Feb
Awesome ! I started beginning of February also. 46 Lbs. so far.
So much easier getting around. Just like taking a heavy backpack off !
Haven seen under 200 in almost 15 years. ( I'm 5'6") Goal=160
Old 05-16-2019, 08:30 AM

Default Changed my life

Well it started February 2 of this year.I started my journey by playing with the free carb manager online .I stared by quitting my favorite drink BEER.I then went whole hog on keto first I drank water like crazy and kept my daily net carbs to around 12.Dam nearly forgot started out at 253 lbs feeling real crappy bending over was a chore leg pains diarrhea on a daily bases prior to the diet.Well as of today I’m at 193 and feel amazingly well thanks for the inspiration to the people who started this thread.As of today I’m wearing 34” jeans and feeling well.A lot of my health problems have ceased but I still have one that I’m fighting Gout.I know it isn’t the beer anymore but feel it from the asparagus,spinach,cauliflower that I have been eating.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:29 AM

For gout, get some baking soda in you. mix up some baking soda with water and down it. My water for the day is mixed with 1/2 tsp of Himalayan Pink Salt (or a Sea Salt), 1 tsp of Salt Free/No Salt (Potassium Chloride) and 1 tsp of Baking Soda PER 1 Liter of Water. Baking Soda is great for your kidneys. This concoction is called Snake Juice, I found it on The Snake Diet by Cole Robinson.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiwa View Post
Awesome ! I started beginning of February also. 46 Lbs. so far.
So much easier getting around. Just like taking a heavy backpack off !
Haven seen under 200 in almost 15 years. ( I'm 5'6") Goal=160
Nice. I’m 6’2” and would like to hit 205. 200 would be nice bonus. My 185 lb as a hyper youth is unrealistic.

At 211 this morning.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:20 PM

Default Pork rinds

I like pork skin period fried smoked oven roasted and bought in bags some of them any preferred brands and flavors that you like. The bagged kind I like them real crunchy.so far I like Baliwag the most
Old 05-16-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforthree View Post
I give most of my carbs to Splenda, love my 6 cups a coffee
A day.
Contains maltodextrin=insulin spiker and artificial. Try Swerve ( Natural erythritol) or Truvia ( stevia/erythritol mix.) Superstore has it. I'm 2 litres coffee a day myself.

Swerve is about half as sweet as sugar , Truvia about twice as sweet. I much prefer the mildness of erythritol. No bad side effects of either.

I've studied everything about keto for about 20 years. The reason I failed in the past is my fault , not ketosis. Just being honest.