Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-08-2013, 04:18 PM

Default Bow Hunting

I am interested in bow hunting. Never gone before but it looks interesting. Any suggestions on what I might look into buying for a bow?? or tips or advice for hunting and equipment??
Old 08-08-2013, 04:22 PM

Go to a local pro shop and pick their brains and try as many bows as you can before you buy.

LC
Old 08-08-2013, 05:32 PM

Good Advise.....

Neil
Old 08-11-2013, 08:21 PM

good advice above^^^^

as for hunting with a bow, don't expect it to be easy and practice practice practice.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:17 PM

Smile

This will be my first season. I got some good advise from some hunters I work with. Start fairly inexpensive incase your like me and raising a young family and might not get out as much as antisipated. Then upgrade if it ends up I'm gonna stick with it. I also found out there is a lot more to buy then just the bow. I can't wait to give it my all this season. Archery shops helped out huge.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:09 PM

Ha Ha -so true Rainemaker! I received my first bow for Christmas last year and am practicing to go hunting this fall. I'm slowly building up my supplies, I have an on-going list of things I need to buy in order to properly hunt - thankfully I have a buddy and (brothers) who are geared up and are willing to take me with them so I don't have to invest in everything this fall. Good luck!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:19 PM

If your looking for a bow I have a 2011 Martin firecat 400 with all the gear and case I will be selling after this hunting reason, pm if your interested.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:37 PM

This will also be my first year bow hunting and from my experience I'd recomend a pse stinger rts package like I purchased. It shoots great and has lots of adjustment so you can dial it down to learn proper form and technique, then start turning it up once you are a bit more comfortable. Plus it's a very affordable set up($400). Problem is its all the little things that add up in a hurry like broad heads, release, rangefinder, target, mantinence supplies......exc...exc... But if you do some reasearch you can save a few bucks making your own targets and searching for used items.

What ever route you go best of luck out there