Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-03-2013, 09:54 AM

Default Tips for setting up a new site

Bought a new site for my bow and I want to put it on and set it up myself. Had Cal at exsile in lloydminster setup the last one and he was awesome to deal with but time doesn't always allow me to get in there to get help so I need to start doing things myself. Any tips for me would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:45 AM

All I've ever done is look where the old sight's 20 yard pin was... bolt on the new sight and get it as close to where I think it was as I can. Then just fine adjustments from there on the 20. From there I look at my pin gaps on the old sight (presuming the new sight is close to the same distance from the riser as the old sight) and get the new sight gaps close... then more fine tuning from there.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:42 AM

All you need is a set of allen keys, very simple and a good starting point to learning your bow! Two screws for attaching sight to the bow. Then set your top pin in the upper portion of the sight housing. I like to have mine spaced evenly top to bottom and not the majority of pins in the upper half or lower half. Pace out 20 yards or use a rangefinder Take 6-12 shots until your comfortable that the bow is hitting consistently in the same spot. Now it is just a matter of moving the pin towards where the arrow was hitting. If the arrow is low from your pin move the sight down, if the arrow was left of where you were aiming move the sight left and vice verse

PM if you need help/questions