Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-08-2008, 11:43 PM

Thumbs down i got screwed by alberta marine

its simple-stay clear

Last edited by fish24/7; 07-10-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish24/7 View Post
its simple-stay clear
tight lines!!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:24 AM

Default can you elaborate...

can you elaborate...

Was that the name of the woman?

A Good Friend told me,
Wind from the East fish bite the least, Wind from the West fish bite the best...
Old 07-09-2008, 08:02 AM

Default Alberta Marine Over the Barrel club

Welcome 24/7

You are now a member of what seems like a very large and growing club .

Your first mistake was not joining the SAWT group as they never seem to have this problem. I have not personally had a problem because having been in sales forever and knowing something about marine equipment I was
convinced very early in our dealings that these people knew very little
if anything about fishing boats ...Sad because Lund is a good product .
The good news is that there are other good products out there .
Now I want to say that you dont have to go south to get screwed you can
go north as well . SERVICE in the marine bussiness ( at least in alberta )
is a definite problem. In the past I have recommended a particular product
and dealer , welllllll I am not doing this anymore as we ( friends and acquaintances ) are having some service issues and the answers are not exactly speedy in showing up. Fortunately it is a problem I can fix ,
but when you spend over 20 grand why should you have to fix things
yourself .
Anyway if you check with the service dept . ( a definite missnombre)
they will tell you where the group of screwees is currently meeting .

And good luck...W101
Old 07-09-2008, 03:52 PM

Default Alberta marine...

WHEN WILL WE LEARN...THEY ARE NOT EVER GOING TO GET BETTER...
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 PM

thanks for letting me in on that i thought i was barrelled because it was my first boat and didnt have a clue what i was getting into.i am with sawt but bought the boat last year and joined this year,kinda glad cause i would have missed the orgy.if they are collectivly screwing all there fishing clients than i guess its just that they have caught the alberta sales and service spirit.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:25 PM

it was all of them and they werent nice about it!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:48 PM

If theres so many of you gettuing hooped contact the global trouble sahooter things will; change awefully quick.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:45 PM

Default Specifics??????

O.K. So i'm glad i read this it has me thinking, however being only a few days away from probably buying a boat from Alberta Marine i would sure appreciate some specifics. I am buying a fishing boat (Lund with a 90 on the back) not one of those miami vice looking things with the stupid looking roof racks, and thought the guy that helped me out there last saturday seemed alright. Are they overpriced? Don't honor their warranty?
shawdy repair work?
Alberta marine, the one you speak of is the one in Nanton, right?
And what is SAWT?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnamed View Post
o.k. So i'm glad i read this it has me thinking, however being only a few days away from probably buying a boat from alberta marine i would sure appreciate some specifics. I am buying a fishing boat (lund with a 90 on the back) not one of those miami vice looking things with the stupid looking roof racks, and thought the guy that helped me out there last saturday seemed alright. Are they overpriced? Don't honor their warranty?
Shawdy repair work?
Alberta marine, the one you speak of is the one in nanton, right?
And what is sawt?
sawt is
southern alberta walleye trail
and nawt is
northern alberta walleye trail
Old 07-10-2008, 02:57 PM

A little odd topic but........

I just bought a boat ( Lund 1850 Tyee Grand Sport with a 4.3 merc I/O ) fully freaken loaded from the U.S. and probably saved $8000 easy. Piece of cake to bring it back from the U.S.

Just a thought if your in the Market for a boat
Old 07-10-2008, 04:08 PM

Ive been looking at Lowe boats , which is an American company And If I do buy a new boat that's where Id get it , to heck with these shady canadian outfits that wanna gouge everyone .
Old 07-10-2008, 05:13 PM

Default I Agree....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Ive been looking at Lowe boats , which is an American company And If I do buy a new boat that's where Id get it , to heck with these shady canadian outfits that wanna gouge everyone .
.... Although mine's an older unit (likely a good thing..) I LOVE my friggin' LOWE ! That is one boat that loves the water.

Cheers,

/FC....
Old 07-11-2008, 03:57 PM

Default Bought a Lund

Geez I bought a 16ft Lund with the 50 hp merc and I thought that I did good on that one 15.000 $ fully loaded its a nice boat I looked at a 1998 smoker craft and they wanted 12 grand for it so I bought new and am happy with it ,I did,nt buy any thing else out of there store I found it was over priced but the boats are a great deal if you are finacing 0 down and low monthly payments just pay it off quicker or yes it will cost you alot of money ,but for 150.00 dollars a month you can be set up with the top of the line fishing boat
Old 07-11-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppychicken@shaw.ca View Post
.... Although mine's an older unit (likely a good thing..) I LOVE my friggin' LOWE ! That is one boat that loves the water.

Cheers,

/FC....
There's a few descent American boat manufacturers out there Strato's is another good company and there boats are very compareable to the lund.But for a fraction of the price . The excursion 386 XF is one im looking at , as well as the 385 XF http://www.stratosboats.com/modelIntro.cfm?mid=5200 as for the Lowe boat im looking at the angler 165DC or the fishing machine 185DC http://www.loweboats.com/Page.aspx/p...ine-185DC.aspx All are very nice boats , Im going to continue to keep my eyes open until I find the boat for me , Not worried about what it would cost as you can always finance it , for now my 14 ft aluminum will do me just fine with my 3hp motor .

Last edited by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES; 07-11-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM
stubblejumper

Quote:
Geez I bought a 16ft Lund with the 50 hp merc and I thought that I did good on that one 15.000 $ fully loaded
Which model,and with which outboard?Did you get quotes from other dealers for the same package?Without other quotes,you don't really know just how good of a deal you did or didn't get.

Last edited by stubblejumper; 07-11-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:30 AM

Default did,nt shop around

I picked up the 16 ft Lund Rebel Sport limited edition jet black in color I perfer the full windsheild which is what the lund has
The same boat was more the last couple years due to the usa dollar ,and no I didnt shop around money is not an issue for me when it comes to Hunting and Fishing geez I have been know to pay 4.99 for 6 large dew worms and have done this many times

Not to mention the cost of Deisel now
Old 07-12-2008, 09:21 AM
stubblejumper

Quote:
I picked up the 16 ft Lund Rebel Sport limited edition jet black in color I perfer the full windsheild which is what the lund has
I bought the exact same boat myself but with a 75hp four stroke.I didn't want a two stroke,and I didn't want to be underpowered,so I upgraded the outboard.The larger outboard adds a fair bit to the price,as does the full canopy,extra seats,trim gauge,travel cover and trailer guides,but these were all options that I really wanted.Alberta Marine quoted me quite a bit more than I paid for my boat.

Quote:
and no I didnt shop around money is not an issue for me when it comes to Hunting and Fishing geez I have been know to pay 4.99 for 6 large dew worms and have done this many times
I don.t mind spending money for hunting and fishing,but it doesn't make sense to me to throw away money by paying higher prices than necessary.

Quote:
The same boat was more the last couple years due to the usa dollar
Who told you that?The Lund Rebel 1625 is an entirely new model for 2008.It didn't exist in the previous rwo years.