Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 05-02-2013, 04:21 PM

Default thanks everyone

well i just came back from the fishin hole and i gotta admit the rod combo i got my girlfriend is awfully sweet ... alot nicer than mine i must add thanks to you guys for pointing me in the right direction with this my gf is very happy with all she got plus i spent another thirty bucks on flys for her so like i said thanks a ton guys your awesome
Old 05-02-2013, 04:55 PM

hey if she doesn't like it you got yourself a nice new rod and reel
Old 05-02-2013, 05:38 PM

you got that right lol
Old 05-02-2013, 07:01 PM

what rod did you pick up?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:15 PM

the amundson top fly package with the chrome reel floating and sinking line fly box and shoulder bag rod case two things of tippet (50 yds each) two 9 ft tapered leaders loop connectors and two things of backing oh and a nice 6 wt two piece brown camoish fly rod for 169 bucks 178 after tax regularly 280 i believe look at my thread called tfo fishing rod in this section theres a link for it a couple comments down sorry i dont know how to do links lol heres a question for you what do i do with these loop connector what are they lol
Old 05-03-2013, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
the amundson top fly package with the chrome reel floating and sinking line fly box and shoulder bag rod case two things of tippet (50 yds each) two 9 ft tapered leaders loop connectors and two things of backing oh and a nice 6 wt two piece brown camoish fly rod for 169 bucks 178 after tax regularly 280 i believe look at my thread called tfo fishing rod in this section theres a link for it a couple comments down sorry i dont know how to do links lol heres a question for you what do i do with these loop connector what are they lol
you use loop connector when you want to do a loop to loop connection with your fly line and leader. I recently purchased a rio gold fly line and was pleasantly surprised to see that there was a loop incorporated in the fly line, in that case you don't need the loop connector but I'm not familiar with your recently purchased fly line. you can also do a nail knot but its a bit more complicated. I suggest you install your loop connector and learn how to do a perfection loop knot. I also suggest you learn the nail knot in case you have a malfunction with your loop while on a fishing trip.

this might help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukzxID43R5Q
this guy uses super glue on his collar but the loop connectors I have used before where heat shrink collars

here is a perfection loop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spnFKLdl790
this guy uses a fly line for demonstration benefits. the perfection loop is in your leader not your fly line

Last edited by airborne fisherman; 05-03-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 PM

crazy lol wow i got alot to learn ... oh well it all adds to the experience needed i learn something new every day and i havent even been out on the water with it yet thx for the links and info i should be writing a book lol