Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-09-2008, 08:48 PM

Default Soft tails

I'm looking for a lure. The last I know they were made about 5 years ago, but I heard they are back.

I think they were made by Berkley, they were a crank bait, looked similar to a rattlin rap, [B]but they have a tail that is soft and I believe made out of Berkley power bait[B] the tail was interchangable.

Back in the day you'd buy them with one body and 3 tails, then you could buy just the tails, the tails for sure are powerbait.

Anyone know where to find these? or a similar model?

Thanks 300
Old 07-09-2008, 10:18 PM

These are dynamite lures for pike. You can get them in two sizes again. They are slightly different but I think they are a bit better (more realistic eyes and textures and a bit better movement). I don't think the tails would be interchangeable but not sure. I still have the old ones and new ones now. I've seen them everywhere under the name of Berkely Frenzies with quite a different packaging, but still generally around the Berkely section. If you can't find any around your area send me a quick note and I'll arrange to get you some. Just don't tell anyone... (wait, isn't this a public forum...)

Cheers!

KRF
Old 07-10-2008, 05:34 PM

Default Soft tails

All the Berkley Frenzy stuff I've seen are hard baits and no soft tails. A product name or link would be benificial

Thanks
Old 07-10-2008, 11:50 PM

Here check out berkleys website, I dont see it but I didnt look very hard. Also im sure theres a few folks who work on here from local tackle shops I know theres a few from the fishin hole and fishin centre.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/cat.php?k=10321