Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-27-2018, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman3 View Post
Love the 300 Win Mag. Got a full on custom that shoots the 215 Berger at 3000 fps. With the Holland brake it is very comfortable to shoot. Gun finished at 10 lb 2oz complete with NF. I know some guys don't like brakes, but I even run them on my 6.5X47's. A set of SoundGear electronic ear plugs for all day comfort and hearing protection while hunting or target shooting.
I got some 215’s coming. Would love to get them flying at 3000 fps
Old 07-27-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
I got some 215’s coming. Would love to get them flying at 3000 fps
I’m running 215s at 2991fps. Fantastic pill in my experience.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:58 AM

One of the Edmonton shooters came out to the range yesterday with 2 of his Remingtons.

His 300 win Mag was a tactical model as he added at Kahntrol Solutions MB to the barrel.

212 eldx bullets at 2800+ ft-per seconds and it was shooting sweeeeet.

His first shot of the day was center of the 16" gong at 600 meters as he did the quarter shot placement on the gong after that,,, 12, 3, 6, and 9 oh-clock.

All new marks in the fresh paint.

He's a smaller little fellow that does alot shooting, he had small bore cartrages in Holland and Eruope,,, but landing in Western Canada changed all of that.

The thrill of launching a big rock at incredible distances is his new favourite pass time. He likes the heavier as they buck the winds easy.

He ran many MB's on his smaller rifles over seas, so why not reap the rewards here.

I was totally suprized how tame his rifles was and the muzzle blast wasnt that bad since I was 4 stalls over from him.

K.S. claims that their brakes are 40%, but he said there more like 25 to 30% since he's handle better,,, yet he has grown found of this brand since they clamp on with no machining,,, his Mag is like shooting a 30/06 with a mellow load,,, his Ought -6 is kind of like a 243.

He has no plan in changing things up since he is already old.

Why change things that are working good if I can do that every time at the range or in field.

Pretty good shooter right out of the gate.

I'm sure he had 1 eye slightly open. Ha