Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2016, 07:37 PM

Default Case knives in Alberta?

I'm getting pretty close to wrapping up my millwright ticket and figured I'd treat myself to a Case trapper. Always wanted one, never got one for some reason. Just wondering where to find them in Alberta, preferably in the Edmonton or GP area. Other than a few dealers at the gun shows, trying to sell used knives for about 3x what they are worth new I haven't seen too many for sale.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:56 PM

Bass Pro is about the only place I've seen them in Alberta.
You could try Knife Zone ' s web site.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:59 PM

Irvine's at Crossfield has a pretty good selection and Canadian Tire in Rocky Mountain House has a few.

Irvine's does a lot of mail order business if you know exactly what you're after.

Gerry Burnie
Old 02-24-2016, 09:04 AM

Check out warriorsandwonders.com. Canadian company seem to have good prices and a good selection!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:22 AM

Costco has the Case Hammerhead in their online store.

Link here.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:58 AM

Home Depot sells the Carhart version of the Trapper. (Stainless Blades) They are the least expensive Case knives you will find in Alberta. The other place you can buy them for fairly reasonable is Ebay. I have bought quite a few brand new ones off of there for about 60% of what most physical stores sell for. Just watch what they want to charge for shipping and handling.. The goods ones will ship for about $6 to Canada, a couple were free. (With the current exchange rate Home Depot is your best bet. They are only available on-line but they will ship them to your door for no charge.)

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/sea...tt%3Arelevance
Old 02-24-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Home Depot sells the Carhart version of the Trapper. (Stainless Blades) They are the least expensive Case knives you will find in Alberta. The other place you can buy them for fairly reasonable is Ebay. I have bought quite a few brand new ones off of there for about 60% of what most physical stores sell for. Just watch what they want to charge for shipping and handling.. The goods ones will ship for about $6 to Canada, a couple were free. (With the current exchange rate Home Depot is your best bet. They are only available on-line but they will ship them to your door for no charge.)

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/sea...tt%3Arelevance
Yeah, I looked at those Carhart ones, still considering them. I kind of wanted a carbon steel blade though, got to figure out how much extra I'm willing to pay for that. As dumb as it might be a part of me suspects I might not be entirely happy with it unless has that Case logo on the scales. Good suggestion though, until just recently I did not know the Carharts were made by Case.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:21 PM
AO Sponsor

Definitely available at Bass Property out in Balzac...