Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-26-2023, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post
As soon as the speaker said “fought against the Russians,” alarm bells should have gone off in everyone’s head. Instead, the entire bunch of trained seals mindlessly applause.

This is horrible and inexcusable for the liberal party, but pretty embarrassing for everyone else who was cheering too.
The above is a very important observation. Rota read from a script when he introduced and praised the Nazi Hunka. He even stumbled on the words "fought against the Russians". I think he realized oh oh at that point, thinking about history. I don't believe he wrote that script. I believe it came from the PMO office.

And there is this that I read. There was one cabinet minister in the chamber that day (who majored in Slavic studies with a focus on Ukraine where her family is from) who knew exactly who the invited guest was and his WWII military service record. When Rota said the guest was suggested to him I would bet good money the suggestion came from that cabinet minister. Her own Grandfather was in very much the same situation as Hunka and she is on record lying about that previously. She also knows a heck of a lot more about Ukraine history than she does about finance.....
Old 09-26-2023, 11:10 AM

Before I spent much time watching QP, I naively assumed the speaker of the house must be impartial. Would make sense.

Well, to me, he's about as soft on Liberals as Liberals are soft on crime. As it turns out. His leanings were never more clear to me than in Dec. 2022 when he demanded an apology from Manitoba's own Raquel Dancho for saying (Liberal) MP Vance Badawey was lying about the Conservatives standing in the way of the debate process for C-21. You could just smell that he was taking that personally, sort of an unprecedented move to dig your heels in and demand an apology from an MP. She was booted because Rota got his sh*t in a knot over his party being called-out for their BS, and the risk of the optics not being favorable for that tumor of a Prime Minister.

Anthony Rota can marinate in this mess as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-26-2023, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
Before I spent much time watching QP, I naively assumed the speaker of the house must be impartial. Would make sense.

Well, to me, he's about as soft on Liberals as Liberals are soft on crime. As it turns out. His leanings were never more clear to me than in Dec. 2022 when he demanded an apology from Manitoba's own Raquel Dancho for saying (Liberal) MP Vance Badawey was lying about the Conservatives standing in the way of the debate process for C-21. You could just smell that he was taking that personally, sort of an unprecedented move to dig your heels in and demand an apology from an MP. She was booted because Rota got his sh*t in a knot over his party being called-out for their BS, and the risk of the optics not being favorable for that tumor of a Prime Minister.

Anthony Rota can marinate in this mess as far as I'm concerned.

Actually Parliamentary procedure forbids the use of certain language by ANY person within the House and calling someone a liar , even if verifiable and true, is not permitted. The Speaker must ask the person to withdraw their comment immediately or face expulsion. That's the rules, like it or not.
Old 09-26-2023, 12:04 PM

This has just been posted in Canadian Concrvatives group on Facebook. I found it pretty interesting. You can just ignore a little bit of Russian propaganda at the end….
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1106.jpg (30.2 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1107.jpg (26.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1108.jpg (21.7 KB, 70 views)
Old 09-26-2023, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffy71 View Post
Nobody here has suggested they should be celebrated.
Our Parliament did? Also, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memo...collaborators#

Quote:
But there is no getting around that Ukrainians were being persecuted and starved by Russia leading up to WW2.
By Russia or the dictator in charge? Others suffered as well to various degrees, including Russians. That has nothing to do with what I wrote though.

Quote:
There was despicable antisemtic and fascist elements in Ukraine at that time.
Which are now being portrayed differently, which is the point.

Quote:
Would you care to point to which European country was free from such elements, then or now?
There are many countries whose populations didn't directly participate in genocides during the World War 2. Many did, however, including French, those in the Axis Alliance, Baltics, etc. Again, nothing to do with what I wrote. Here is a short list (some major exclusions though) of countries and their roles: https://www.theholocaustexplained.or...-case-studies/

Quote:
But we are free to make amends with Germany the country that started it all, nobody says a peep about what Italy did in WW2, Sweden.
There are no SS memorials in Germany as far as I am concerned. Neither is there rewriting the history or “heroization” of their forces by the elites and politicians of the country. I wonder if there is a Himmler street in Germany. Don’t believe there are any Mussolini statues in Italy either (not familiar with Italy much though). What about Sweden? https://www.yadvashem.org/odot_pdf/M...20-%206061.PDF

Quote:
Care to do some reading about Lithuania and it's Jewish population at that time?
I did. Long time ago. And many times since. Things that are happening there still are despicable. If we are here to do the “what about” thing though, I can bring forward many other examples.

Quote:
We're cool with following whichever version of history Russia puts forward, but oh those evil Ukrainians....
Why are you stuck on “Russia puts forward” and “Russian narratives”? I don’t get it. Anyone here talking about the Russian narrative?

Quote:
They will have to reconcile the historical facts, recognize the true fight for liberation, and the evil cooperation with Nazi Germany.

And they will, once they are free from the stink hole that is Russia right now.
Again with Russia. The “glorification” and “new history” started post independence, clearly. Aside, perhaps, from some basement talks or outside of the country.

Anyway, whatever. You do you.

I find it amazing nowadays that you say something, basically anything hat doesn’t fit the certain narrative, you are quickly pointed to the Russian propaganda and whatever rubbish. It is similar to here when someone addresses the conservatives in a negative light, they are quickly referred to by some as a lefty and Trudeau supporter. Things aren’t black and white in this world. Most things anyway.

It appears there are a lot of calls for Rota’s resignation, so I tend to think this is going to happen. As it should.
Old 09-26-2023, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Not funny to think Russia would attack Canada or any Canadian.

If Russia attacked Canada they would be in a whirlwind of hurt.

We would decimate their forces and knock them back to the dark ages.

Canadians are no one to mess with thanks to our great past armed forces and current armed forces.
You’ve got to lighten up bud! Russia isn’t going to attack us. They might ask for Alaska back but I doubt it, lol!
Ther was actually a book written probably about 15 years ago, a fiction about Russians invading Canada and the actual events were happening here in Alberta, Russians advancing from the north and Albertans setting up a resistance groups around Grande Prairie and Fort Mac. I have read this book but don’t remember much details.
Peace and love brother, peace and love!
Old 09-26-2023, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
It appears there are a lot of calls for Rota’s resignation, so I tend to think this is going to happen. As it should.
Lol

Old 09-26-2023, 12:14 PM

And he (Rota) resigns!
Old 09-26-2023, 12:23 PM

The fall guy.
Old 09-26-2023, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Not funny to think Russia would attack Canada or any Canadian.

If Russia attacked Canada they would be in a whirlwind of hurt.

We would decimate their forces and knock them back to the dark ages.

Canadians are no one to mess with thanks to our great past armed forces and current armed forces.
Did you double up on your pain meds? have you ever been in our military?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-26-2023, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
The fall guy.
Someone had to and he was the obvious choice. How dare he confuse us all and made us cheer while we had no idea what we were cheering for! I really liked that comparison to clapping seals someone made yesterday.

Old 09-26-2023, 12:41 PM

And for 2 days in a row after this historic embarrassment, Trudeau won't show his face in the House! He left it to Karina Gould to take the heat for him.

What an absolute chicken stool, as the World watches and laughs at Canada.

They want it erased:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65-VMhNIis

Last edited by AxeMan; 09-26-2023 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-26-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
And for 2 days in a row after this historic embarrassment, Trudeau won't show his face in the House! He left it to Karina Gould to take the heat for him.

What an absolute chicken stool, as the World watches and laughs at Canada.

They want it erased:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65-VMhNIis
Spineless is a gross understatement!
Old 09-26-2023, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2C3PO View Post
Actually Parliamentary procedure forbids the use of certain language by ANY person within the House and calling someone a liar , even if verifiable and true, is not permitted. The Speaker must ask the person to withdraw their comment immediately or face expulsion. That's the rules, like it or not.
Understood, what I hadn't seen before was the speaker of the house stare-down an MP and demand an apology. May have happened before, but I haven't seen it.

Regardless, he's like a bad referee @ an NHL game. Not always obvious at first, but some just HAPPEN to see more bad behaviour with a given team because they're watching them closer than their preferred team.

Rota can stick-it, and Trudeau is "circling the drain" as my mother used to say. Seems even Liberal voters don't like spending $9 for a pound of butter.
Old 09-26-2023, 04:02 PM

Send in the clowns. It’s a great circus. What act will come next?
Old 09-26-2023, 04:53 PM

Rita has stepped down as Speaker of the house.

There are no absolutes
Old 09-26-2023, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Rita has stepped down as Speaker of the house.
But he remains an MP, still collecting easy money, and waiting for his pension.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:31 PM

Quote:
The above is a very important observation. Rota read from a script when he introduced and praised the Nazi Hunka. He even stumbled on the words "fought against the Russians". I think he realized oh oh at that point, thinking about history. I don't believe he wrote that script. I believe it came from the PMO office....
That’s a great observation. He stumbles as he speaks, then pauses and raises an eyebrow. The way the government seems to work now is that the only time a minister has any say in anything, is when it is convenient to throw him under the bus after the fact.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:51 PM

This is just another example of how Canada is governed by morons
Old 09-26-2023, 06:12 PM

Got that right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
This is just another example of how Canada is governed by morons
Old 09-26-2023, 07:00 PM

Funny how quick Trudeau is to apologize for history but fails miserably to apologize for his present.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-26-2023, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I beg to differ. Ukraine is the best army in Russia and Ukraine right now followed by Wagner then Russia.

Canadians fight hard, skilled and with conviction. We are a formidable force and even more so if our homes are attacked.
LOL. LMAO, even.

Tell me you believe whatever the CBC broadcasts without telling me that you believe whatever the CBC broadcasts.

Canada is a joke -- a small dog behind a big fence (that fence being America's nuclear umbrella).

Ukraine gets around-the-clock intel, food, fuel, fighters, and weapons from the West and their much-vaunted counteroffensive consisted of driving Leopard and Challenger tanks over the mine fields on Russia's screening line. Should be obvious to anyone with eyes that the West is prepping to dump Ukraine and move on to other things.
Old 09-26-2023, 08:06 PM

Rota was told to resign...will get his Federal pension, and perhaps "hush" money. As I said in my earlier post, someone had to be thrown under the bus.

There is no way he was the sole author of this catastrophe, and absolutely no one else knew about this.

Pathetic...
Old 09-26-2023, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
Rota was told to resign...will get his Federal pension, and perhaps "hush" money. As I said in my earlier post, someone had to be thrown under the bus.

There is no way he was the sole author of this catastrophe, and absolutely no one else knew about this.

Pathetic...
Exactly, he was told to resign as speaker, keep his mouth shut about everyone else that knew about this, and he would remain a liberal, collect his MP salary, and then his pension. And he might even get a future cabinet position if nobody finds out who knew about this.
Old 09-26-2023, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
Send in the clowns. It’s a great circus. What act will come next?
Sad comment on what has become of Parliament. I see Poland is now taking about extraditing Hunka. Question being, if he was suspected of war crimes, how did he get into Canada ?

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 09-26-2023, 10:05 PM

Worth reading twice.

I look forward to the investigation and coverup.
I quite enjoy watching Bobblehead get worked up.
then wish all MPs would have to take a daily drug test.

Quote:
The above is a very important observation. Rota read from a script when he introduced and praised the Nazi Hunka. He even stumbled on the words "fought against the Russians". I think he realized oh oh at that point, thinking about history. I don't believe he wrote that script. I believe it came from the PMO office.

And there is this that I read. There was one cabinet minister in the chamber that day (who majored in Slavic studies with a focus on Ukraine where her family is from) who knew exactly who the invited guest was and his WWII military service record. When Rota said the guest was suggested to him I would bet good money the suggestion came from that cabinet minister. Her own Grandfather was in very much the same situation as Hunka and she is on record lying about that previously. She also knows a heck of a lot more about Ukraine history than she does about finance.....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 09-26-2023, 10:15 PM

Lots of our MP’s are under the spell of WEF. Klaus Schwab with Nazis roots has deeply penetrated lots of our House of Commons MP’s. Appears our new government is unelected WEF. No one seems to care.
Old 09-26-2023, 10:42 PM

Quote:

Do you have a link of a video to his speech? I would like to see it.
Old 09-26-2023, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post

Pathetic...
I believe on Friday ( I think he wrote a letter) he said that the "gentleman" in question had been vetted by the powers that be in the PMO office. Then suddenly on Saturday or Sunday He changed his tune.
Also the Liberal Lady answering questions asked that this whole crap show should be stricken from the public record. This whole thing stinks and is a cover up for the "delay" in India (which may have been related to substances of questionable origin). His childish tit for tat rant (With no proof) about the murder in Canada. PLUS not showing up for question period. The list of his greatest incompetent FUBAR actions, just keep rolling on, and on, and on, and....... If you defend this guy or his Government, or the fool who keeps him in power. You should really look twice in the mirror and ask yourself WHY?.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 09-26-2023, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Do you have a link of a video to his speech? I would like to see it.
Here you go.

https://twitter.com/runews/status/17...J5B9zD5n70lbVQ