Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2024, 03:14 PM

Default metal

When I finished the inside of my detached garage I had an opportunity for some free metal paneling that would get me half way there. I compared the costs of drywall vs buying the other 50% metal material. I went with metal panel.
I like the look of the white metal. Its bright with the LED lighting. Its also a little different than what you usually see.
If you go that route, I would recommend putting plenty of backer board in areas where you think you will want to attach or hang something. And take pictures for later. And once you make a hole in the wall, its there.
I am going to use some strong magnets for hanging some things to avoid drilling too many holes.
kidd
Old 02-09-2024, 05:04 PM

I built a shop in 2001 and finished the interior with OSB and painted it white. My brother now owns it and the interior is still good after 20+ years of parking snow covered tractors in it.

New shop is white tin and is great.

When we built our shop at work we went with 3/4" osb for the bottom 8' and then strapping to the ceiling and covered it with white tin. That is ideal.

Gerry Burnie
Old 02-09-2024, 11:58 PM

Default Garage walls

I put plywood up all around, can’t remember if it was 1/2” or 3/4”. Then I gave it two coats of white primer sealer and some quarter round trim around the top at the ceiling. It’s really easy to hang almost anything anywhere, durable if it gets hit and easy to touch up if it does. It is a heated attached garage and for the first couple of winters I had terrible humidity issues with snowy cars coming in every day and the walls showed no effects from that. The wall against the house had two layers of drywall on it, and I just covered that in plywood as well.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:06 AM

Question Trusscore used inside a house.

Has anyone used the Trusscore product inside their house? Or do you know anyone who did or a contractor that installs it that I could connect with?

I’m doing an interior partition wall in my entryway/great room and was thinking that this might be a dust-free way to finish the walls. But of course finishing, painting and fire resistance are some of the questions in my mind.

Thanks in advance fine folks,